[REMOVE ADS]

3 Record Vinyl Supremes Box On The Way

Really? It sounds nice enough but for me, at this point in time a DVD of hard to find and never seen concert and foreign television performances would be something I would rush to buy.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimi LaLumia View Post
    Wow! 4lps for $60. Not bad. Would love to have A Go Go Expanded on vinyl.

This must be exciting. There are now 3 threads on here about it. LOL!

mine was FIRST!!!! lol

mine was FIRST!!!! lol
    True! You're always first in my book Jimi! LOL!!!!!

thanks, Marv! right back atcha!!

Why is it always the Supremes. Put both Four Tops lost and founds on vinyl. And the temptations too. Marvin's and the Vandellas.

Looking forward to this.

Can we get a Gladys and the Pips Lost and Found as well?

I would also love to see them press Flo's solo album on vinyl.

Can't wait for it.
    I love some of the early stuff with them being a real group and singing in three part harmony. Hope the album will be released soon.
    It's already on amazon but without any info or release date.

I would also love to see them press Flo's solo album on vinyl.
    That would be a dream coming true.

I hope the multitrack tapes are still existing somewhere on the planet.
    It would be too great for words to hear some alternate takes or different mixes.

Some of the original mixes are very bad; even though the whole album production was a fail [[they really didn't know or didn't want to do anything good with Flo's voice) I would love to see the album on vinyl.

I'm not excited about this release. I have the CD release and it's just so-so. Other than for die-hard Supremes' collectors [[which I am one - up to a point) I can't see the value in this release.

What I would like to see on vinyl are some of the group's classic albums - particularly Where Did Our Love Go. Why that album isn't available on vinyl and CD amazes me.
    My 35 year-old nephew who likes 60s music and vinyl just bought a used copy of WDOLG. I think a one disc CD of the mono and stereo album and a 2-record vinyl set of the mono and stereo album should be available.

I was in a record store yesterday which has CDs, vinyl LPs, cassettes and 8-tracks. They also have new vinyl. The first album that caught my eye was a reissue of an Association album - in MONO - to celebrate it's 50th Anniversary.

https://www.discogs.com/The-Associat...lease/10559830

I shake my head that there are no classic Motown albums on vinyl other than reissues of What's Going On, some Stevie Wonder albums, and diana [[1980).

I know a few Motown albums were released on vinyl in the recent past. I think I Hear A Symphony and United were among them. The Supremes' I Hear A Symphony was a successful album in 1966 but I couldn't understand the rationale of reissuing it on vinyl since it was hardly a classic Motown album. Oh, well.
    Last edited by johnjeb; 03-25-2018 at 07:10 PM.

I beg to differ.. the Symphony album was a brilliant diverse game changer for the group and for Motown..my all time favorite Supremes album..but then that's what opinions are all about..one person's point of view and nothing more

I beg to differ.. the Symphony album was a brilliant diverse game changer for the group and for Motown..my all time favorite Supremes album..but then that's what opinions are all about..one person's point of view and nothing more
    I agree, it was a great album in 1966 and provided them with songs for a great medley to open their shows. I rarely play it now, particularly the standards. I just don't see it as a classic Motown album like WDOLG - which is my favorite album - and which is more worthy of a vinyl reissue.

I mention Supremes A Go Go just one more time, in case mentions count toward getting it on vinyl. LoL!

Got that right! A truly great LP. I shall now kick myself for missing out on the Hip-O expanded version!