[REMOVE ADS]

Idol salutes motown ...again.

Bob Babbitt played his bass, and there were interviews with Berry Gordy and Smokey Robinson, studio footage and the contestants tackling Motown.

Wink

UPDATE: Bob Babbitt played his bass, and there were interviews with Berry Gordy and Smokey Robinson, studio footage and the contestants tackling Motown. Otis Williams was in the audience, Ryan Seacreast said something about the Supremes & Temptations celebrating 50th anniversaries. Stevie Wonder had the most songs performed with Smokey second. Female contestants favored Martha Reeves & the Vandellas' Heatwave and Dancing In the Street; only one Supremes song was performed. .
    Last edited by Kamasu_Jr; 03-24-2011 at 09:39 AM.

I thought the kids did an admirable job with the Motown classics. The high point of the night for me was Pia's take on "All in Love is Fair". That girls just has the chops. The low point? Probably Paul's "Tracks of My Tears". I just don't get what the judges are hearing in his voice.

Quote Originally Posted by mike_sku View Post
    I thought the kids did an admirable job with the Motown classics. The high point of the night for me was Pia's take on "All in Love is Fair". That girls just has the chops. The low point? Probably Paul's "Tracks of My Tears". I just don't get what the judges are hearing in his voice.
    The contestants didn't butcher Motown the way past contestants have.
    I didn't vote for anyone. Pia is an old fashioned diva--like Celine and Whitney. She seems to be the favorite. I don't get Jacob Lusk or whatever his name is. He's screechy and loses control when he uses his upper register. He's a cake boy, a church singer, not someone who will sell records. The other guy, Jimmy or James has more control of his high voice and sings better than Jacob.
    I felt Haley Reinhart did a dirty version of You've Really Got a Gold On Me and she didn't sing anything suggestive. She just made the song seem slutty. I felt dirty. LOL
    Last edited by Kamasu_Jr; 03-25-2011 at 10:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kamasu_Jr View Post
    The contestants didn't butcher Motown the way past contestants have.
    I didn't vote for anyone. Pia is an old fashioned diva--like Celine and Whitney. She seems to be the favorite. I don't get Jacob or whatever his name is. He's screechy and loses control when he uses his upper register. He's a church singer, not someone who will sell records. The other guy, Jimmy or James has more control of his high voice and sings better than Jacob.
    I felt Heather did a dirty version of You've Really Got a Gold On Me and she didn't sing anything suggestive. She just made the song seem slutty. I felt dirty.
    I so agree with you on that, all but your comments on Jacob. As he gets into it, I get more into him. The first weeks I found myself shouting at him to find a dang note and sing it, not dance around it just because he can. He seems to be listening... a little .

Paul and "Tracks of My Tears" ... I really truly don't get him at all. When I can hear him because the back up singers aren't drowning him out, I'm wishing they'd come back drown him out. I don't hear the "Rod Stewart" thing they keep saying ... more like Backalley Tabby vocals.

Haley [["Heather") needs to go home... IMO

[[I am biased for James, he's a local boy and I've been watching him since he was 15-16 singing Karaoke... really good then, great now... again, IMO)

Haley was not good at all. I don't know why she thought it was a good idea to sing that song so rough.

Jacob Lusk was great, singing the Marvin Gaye and Tammi Terrell classic,You're all i need to get by,the brother can sang his you, know what,off.
    Please stay positive

Quote Originally Posted by REDHOT View Post
    Jacob Lusk was great, singing the Marvin Gaye and Tammi Terrell classic,You're all i need to get by,the brother can sang his you, know what,off.
    Please stay positive

I can't wait until he's voted off. He's just wrong on so many levels in my opinion.