[REMOVE ADS]

Miss Ross - Kiss Me Now [[1976)

From the self-titled '76 album. I always dug this song.

... and I as well. A beloved deep cut. Love the scatting our girl does. Definitely not 'single' but a wonderful LP cut that Diana really seems to love singing. Great to revisit this one - thanks!

No prob, Peace.

I remember nodding my head smiling and eyes closing hearing this the first time. Diana knows how to sing a jazz song!

I love it too...she really bounces around a lot here. I love her scat...when she cuts loose like that on Gettin' Ready For Love and Lovin' Livin' & Givin' she's really having fun...[[I just played the later Anthology vers. of LL&G and it is not good! I know there are several mixes of that song, and the one on the 78 Ross LP is the definite one. Same version sounded nice and fat as the B side of 12" Boss single as well...I consider LL&G a lost Ross hit...like Theme from the Deep and Lucky were lost for Donna Summer)

Quote Originally Posted by gman View Post
    I love it too...she really bounces around a lot here. I love her scat...when she cuts loose like that on Gettin' Ready For Love and Lovin' Livin' & Givin' she's really having fun...[[I just played the later Anthology vers. of LL&G and it is not good! I know there are several mixes of that song, and the one on the 78 Ross LP is the definite one. Same version sounded nice and fat as the B side of 12" Boss single as well...I consider LL&G a lost Ross hit...like Theme from the Deep and Lucky were lost for Donna Summer)
    I always thought Kiss me now sounded like an odd fit on the Black album, but her vocal performance was excellent, and i appreciate it more now than i did back in the day.
    Theme from the Deep was a huge hit in the UK for Donna. I think it went top 5. It should have done much better in the USA.

I think Kiss Me Now was a wonderful palate cleanser after the sublime Love Hangover. It was good to have a bit of gun after that. Totally love it and always have.

Lol yeah Kiss Me Now slowed ya down after Love Hangover took you to the dance floor and beyond.

Quote Originally Posted by gman View Post
    when she cuts loose like that on Gettin' Ready For Love and Lovin' Livin' & Givin' she's really having fun...[[I just played the later Anthology vers. of LL&G and it is not good! I know there are several mixes of that song, and the one on the 78 Ross LP is the definite one. Same version sounded nice and fat as the B side of 12" Boss single as well...I consider LL&G a lost Ross hit...like Theme from the Deep and Lucky were lost for Donna Summer)
    I agree with you on the version from Ross 78 being the best mix of Livin', Lovin', Givin'. The first time I heard it, though, was on the Thank God It's Friday soundtrack LP and that mix was not very good at all. It did not make the case for an appealing song. The Ross 78 mix changed that.

As for Kiss me now, I found it a cute little ditty from Diana. I always enjoyed when she added a song like this to an album. They were just for fun, never to be more than an album track to enjoy until you got to the next hit.

I've always enjoyed it when a Diana album contains a mix of styles. She can carry so many different styles with ease. That said, the Chic album was outstanding with it's consistent Chic style.

What a talented singer!

I think it fits well. after the draining experience of Love Hangover it's refreshing. lets you catch your breath but without going all the way to a ballad which would have been too abrupt a shift.

it's like the cigarette AFTER lol it's the playful version of afterglow where both of you [[or however many are there LOLOL) are being a little goofy and laughing

I've never liked this song. I remember the first time I heard it I thought it was among the most awful songs Diana ever recorded. I mellowed a bit over the years and took some of the fire out of my opinion while still maintaining the song sucked. However, reading everyone's comments caused me to revisit the song [[I can't remember the last time I listened to it in it's entirety) and I have to say it's actually a really nice cut, minus the part you all seem to dig: that annoying Diana scat crap. If she had kept that to the privacy of her bathroom while she's in the shower or doing her hair in the mirror, instead of on the record, I would really rate the song highly.

Never heard this song before, I didn't think I was going to like it [[especially with the scat crap as RanRan says ) and I did, so that's good. A good little track. Not sure what to make of the scatting though...

Quote Originally Posted by thommg View Post
    I agree with you on the version from Ross 78 being the best mix of Livin', Lovin', Givin'. The first time I heard it, though, was on the Thank God It's Friday soundtrack LP and that mix was not very good at all. It did not make the case for an appealing song. The Ross 78 mix changed that.

As for Kiss me now, I found it a cute little ditty from Diana. I always enjoyed when she added a song like this to an album. They were just for fun, never to be more than an album track to enjoy until you got to the next hit.
    I agree that the version on the soundtrack to TGIF was not very good. The version on Ross78 was a little better, but still far from great. I never heard a hit potential in this song. It just seemed to go nowhere, but i am glad that someone appreciates it more than i ever could.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebrock View Post
    I agree that the version on the soundtrack to TGIF was not very good. The version on Ross78 was a little better, but still far from great. I never heard a hit potential in this song. It just seemed to go nowhere, but i am glad that someone appreciates it more than i ever could.
    I think it would need to be cut down greatly in order for it to be a hit record. On the dance floor, however, it was fantastic to hear.

I agree about LL&G. I think it was a hot dance track and I think I like the "donna summer knockoff" the best with the heavy synth intro. it's a driving beat and sound and perfect for the dance floor. But it's not pop or radio friendly. If I'm driving or listening to music on headphones, I usually hit skip when this one turns up. but if I have music in background while cleaning house or laying in pool, it's a fun one. gets youmoving