[REMOVE ADS]

Marlena Shaw Touch Me in the Morning

I listened to Marlena Shaw's version of this tune, and I am surprised how well it works as disco. I also love her spoken intro. Wish D.R. would do that part it in her concerts. Your thoughts?

One of the best !

And one of the last great full-scale disco projects in the traditional disco style , coincidentally produced by the same team that heralded in the disco era in the first place with Gloria Gaynor's NEVER CAN SAY GOODBYE.
    Last edited by Boogiedown; 03-01-2018 at 12:57 AM.

The whole A-side of the album Take A Bite called Suite Seventeen which includes TMITM is fantastic for dancing!

Quote Originally Posted by Boogiedown View Post
    One of the best !

And one of the last great full-scale disco projects in the traditional disco style , coincidentally produced by the same team that heralded in the disco era in the first place with Gloria Gaynor's NEVER CAN SAY GOODBYE.
    I always loved this version, and indeed i am a big fan of Marlena Shaw. Incidentally there is a great soulmusic.com double cd compilation of her columbia work due soon. It should have dropped in January but encountered delays.

And dont forget her Blue Note albums!

Quote Originally Posted by jack020 View Post
    And dont forget her Blue Note albums!
    I listen to her Blue Note [[and Cadet) albums almost exclusively. Her time at Columbia was wasted trying to have chart hits. The disco stuff was OK. The "Sweet Beginnings" LP is good.