[REMOVE ADS]

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by luke View Post
    Marv, why do you think the producers were so uptight, at times , about saying it was based on the Supremes? ICopyright issues? And then in the movie they even replicated album covers of the Supremes 60s and 70 ones!
    During the original Broadway run of the play, Diana Ross made it VERY well known that she was not happy with the play and that it was about HER life and they had turned it into "ice cream". She used the F-word is continuing on to describe her life as not being a "F-ing story" LOL! I was in college. I would laugh my ass off back then even when she would try to make everything about her ,when it really was more about Florence and "Them". By the time of the movie I guess they felt they got away with only going so far with the play that they took the chance and went all the way with the movie LOL! The movie really was not the Supremes story if you noticed the personalities of the main characters. Like, who was Beyonce suppose to be? LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    During the original Broadway run of the play, Diana Ross made it VERY well known that she was not happy with the play and that it was about HER life and they had turned it into "ice cream". She used the F-word is continuing on to describe her life as not being a "F-ing story" LOL! I was in college. I would laugh my ass off back then even when she would try to make everything about her ,when it really was more about Florence and "Them". By the time of the movie I guess they felt they got away with only going so far with the play that they took the chance and went all the way with the movie LOL! The movie really was not the Supremes story if you noticed the personalities of the main characters. Like, who was Beyonce suppose to be? LOL!
    Most straight guys I knew in college were pumpin iron or chasing girls. Only my gay friends even knew about Dreamgirls and how Diane Ross felt about the play.

Quote Originally Posted by Roberta75 View Post
    Most straight guys I knew in college were pumpin iron or chasing girls. Only my gay friends even knew about Dreamgirls and how Diane Ross felt about the play.
    and your point would be? good grief what's going on around here.

Quote Originally Posted by Boogiedown View Post
    I was just fasinated that he was so heavily involved in Dreamgirls and Diane Ross feelings about the play when hes at college. No harm meant at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Boogiedown View Post
    Untreated mental illness.

Quote Originally Posted by detmotownguy View Post
    Untreated mental illness.
    Thats real tacky and classless when you think of what happened at Parkland school in Florida. Shame on you,.