[REMOVE ADS]

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    that's great!! the bootlegs I've had and heard are both a little hoarse and a bit high, not quite like playing a 33 on the 45 RPM setting but sort of like that. makes Diana sound even more like Minnie mouse lol

I'd forgotten about My Fav Things!! with the MJC lineup, I remember hearing a story from Randy that at one of their later Frontier performances they were testing out Day By Day from Godspell but that it wasn't really working. don't know what wasn't working - arrangement, audience reception or what.

With Talk of Town I know they cut Unchained melody from the opening medley and then some of the comedy routine from You're Nobody. are there other songs that were cut? guessing they did Queen but didn't include on lp.

Quote Originally Posted by sup_fan View Post
    that's great!! the bootlegs I've had and heard are both a little hoarse and a bit high, not quite like playing a 33 on the 45 RPM setting but sort of like that. makes Diana sound even more like Minnie mouse lol

I'd forgotten about My Fav Things!! with the MJC lineup, I remember hearing a story from Randy that at one of their later Frontier performances they were testing out Day By Day from Godspell but that it wasn't really working. don't know what wasn't working - arrangement, audience reception or what.

With Talk of Town I know they cut Unchained melody from the opening medley and then some of the comedy routine from You're Nobody. are there other songs that were cut? guessing they did Queen but didn't include on lp.
    Yes, Queen, Somewhere And Sam Cooke Medley.
    One correction to my above comment. When I say "we" did a new mix I mean when KEVIN REEVES did a new mix. He works really hard to make everything sound the best it can.

Quote Originally Posted by sup_fan View Post

They did "Queen of the House" all the way up to the last performance at the Farewell Concert at the Frontier, along with "Hey Big Spender".

"Day By Day" was performed at that Frontier show. I would love to know what else they performed in that engagement.

Didn't Mary do "I Keep It Hid" for a brief time before it was taken out due to poor reception?

Quote Originally Posted by bradsupremes View Post
    "Day By Day" was performed at that Frontier show. I would love to know what else they performed in that engagement.

Didn't Mary do "I Keep It Hid" for a brief time before it was taken out due to poor reception?

wow - hadn't heard that. too bad if it was removed. that's one of my biggest complaints [[especially about the 70s lineups). that they didn't do enough of their lp material