Quote Originally Posted by jobeterob View Post
Diana had the hits and the career right through to 4 Billboard charts this week

So she's worth writing about in your books and talking about on tv - otherwise no one listens or buys
Yeah, if you're Mary Wilson or Martha Reeves. Not if you're Gladys Knight. Gladys is one of the most respected vocalists of all time. And a successful one at that. Her classic hits are spun just as much today as Diana Ross'. She does not need to use anyone's name to garner attention. I saw the woman on The Chew one day. She didn't mention Diana Ross' name once and I don't think anyone in the audience or any of the cooks present were even thinking about Diana. I've only heard Gladys talk about Diana in one interview and I've read her account in her book. Even if there are a handful of other occasions where Gladys has spoken about this incident, when you think about the tons of interviews a legend of Gladys' caliber has done over the last 20 years, I think it's safe to say Gladys doesn't need Ross to make people pay attention to her. I know that Martha Reeves seems to get asked a ton about Diana Ross but as legendary as Martha is, it should come as no surprise that interviewers [[and the public) might be a bit more interested in Diva Drama than they are in Martha remembering her last significant chart hit in 1967 or Martha's tales of traveling back and forth to England over the last 30 years where she seems to be more appreciated than here at home. Sucks, but I get it. Gladys? Come on now. Y'all killing me!