[REMOVE ADS]

Any members of Nat King Cole Intl fan club here?

Are there any members of the Nat King Cole International Fan Club on SDF?

Quote Originally Posted by snakepit View Post
    Are there any members of the Nat King Cole International Fan Club on SDF?
    I am not a member but would be interested in becoming one. Is it a worthwhile club to be a member of?

Bluerock,
    Sadly the reason I was reaching out was to inform members that the organiser/secretary , Roy Holmes, has passed away.
    Thee club was run from his home in the UK. I don't think anybody has taken it over, which is a shame as it was a great newsletter.

Bluerock,
    Sadly the reason I was reaching out was to inform members that the organiser/secretary , Roy Holmes, has passed away.
    Thee club was run from his home in the UK. I don't think anybody has taken it over, which is a shame as it was a great newsletter.
    That is very sad news snakepit. Roy wrote the sleeve notes for some of the cd reissues and always did a fine job. May he rest in peace. Hopefully someone else will attempt to take over and continue Roy's fine work.

Yes sad news.
    I only found out because he sent out the newsletter every Christmas, together with a Christmas card. It didn't arrive this year and I feared the worst.

He did write sleevenotes and appeared on several TV documentaries, he was very knowledgeable about Nat.
    I met him once in London, after agreeing to purchased the Capitol box set "Love" 1960-64 off him. A nice guy.

I have being play a lot of Nat's tunes by way of tribute to Roy.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=cHFQ632DNwQ

And another...this style is my favourite of his recordings...I like everything he did, but he covered so many styles of music.

Yes sad news.
    I only found out because he sent out the newsletter every Christmas, together with a Christmas card. It didn't arrive this year and I feared the worst.

He did write sleevenotes and appeared on several TV documentaries, he was very knowledgeable about Nat.
    I met him once in London, after agreeing to purchased the Capitol box set "Love" 1960-64 off him. A nice guy.

I have being play a lot of Nat's tunes by way of tribute to Roy.
    That is a nice tribute. I never got to meet him but i got the impression he was a regular guy who just loved doing what he did. Now he will hopefully be with his idol. It is the least he deserves.

He was a good source to clarify details of NKC recordings. As you know, NKC often re-recorded many of his songs [[ for stereo, LP, Etc). So dating his output can be difficult.
    I buy a lot of NKC, and there are many CDs of variable quality, and some are poor efforts...some have live or TV recordings etc. It's a minefield.

But as a result of hearing the sad news, I been motivated to list all my tracks from my CDs. Of courses there are many duplicates , but I spent all day listing !most of my CDs...whilst listening to a new purchase, "The complete Billy May sessions"...wonderful. I also bought "The best of Capitol singles 1949-62".
    As with all NKC releases, there are tracks I have many timers over, but always something new. I have both box sets of Capitol..1955-1959 and 1960-1964.
    However, I love his early 50s period, so look out for that period.
    I am determined to play his early trio recordings more...
    Last edited by snakepit; 01-11-2018 at 10:37 AM.