[REMOVE ADS]

Bettye LaVette New Album: Things Have Changed

Bettye LaVette has a new album coming out in March on Verve/Universal [[her first major record deal in 30 years) called Things Have Changed, featuring her interpretations of Bob Dylan classics. Looking forward to it!

Sounds great, Carlo! I was worried after Bettye left Anti; looks like she scored a good recording deal. I love Dylan so this will be a good one for me.

I am just happy to hear that ANYBODY is still releasing CDs. I have just not gotten used to downloading and prefer physical product, and hope it will stick around longer than it sounds like it will.

Miss Bettye is going to deliver like a Detroit automotive assembly line! Trust and believe.

Rolling Stone is previewing Bettye's first single from the new album. Nice!!

https://www.rollingstone.com/country...hanged-w515881

Quote Originally Posted by daviddesper View Post
    I am just happy to hear that ANYBODY is still releasing CDs. I have just not gotten used to downloading and prefer physical product, and hope it will stick around longer than it sounds like it will.
    CDs still make money. Digital copies are actually dropping more steeper than CDs so I think they'll be around forever. I think like tapes, CDs will always be here.

On topic: Glad to hear Bettye is back. Hope THIS one finally gets her the Grammy she needs.

Quote Originally Posted by midnightman View Post
    CDs still make money. Digital copies are actually dropping more steeper than CDs so I think they'll be around forever. I think like tapes, CDs will always be here.

On topic: Glad to hear Bettye is back. Hope THIS one finally gets her the Grammy she needs.
    No they won't. CDs are going to eventually disappear sooner than later. Vinyl is making a modest comeback and once things are in place, it is going to replace CDs.

Miss Bettye has done a great job with this Bob Dylan material.

Didn't I even hear someplace that even CASSETTES are still selling???? I figured you could not even buy those anywhere anymore.

Yeah and LP's are making a comeback too.

@marv2, dude, CD's still make half of units. If it was gonna go extinct, it would've been extinct by NOW or like five years ago lol

Quote Originally Posted by midnightman View Post
    Yeah and LP's are making a comeback too.

@marv2, dude, CD's still make half of units. If it was gonna go extinct, it would've been extinct by NOW or like five years ago lol
    Yeah and there was a time when Vinyl made up 100% of units. Watch.......!