[REMOVE ADS]

Gotta Hold On To This Feeling!

Oh my how I love this groovy groovy track... surely one of Junior’s best and Motown’s most underrated... courtesy of the wonderful Johnny Bristol!

A classic IMO... why aren’t there more recordings of this come to think of it?

It is an excellent track - I always think of summer when I hear it, based on the fact that the first time I heard it was on the UK album "The Motown Sound" Volume 1 which I played a lot during that summer. That was a wonderful LP with The Supremes "Touch", Terry Johnson's "What'cha Gonna Do" [[alternative version) and The Originals "The Bells" all of which I heard for the first time.

Quote Originally Posted by mysterysinger View Post
    It is an excellent track - I always think of summer when I hear it, based on the fact that the first time I heard it was on the UK album "The Motown Sound" Volume 1 which I played a lot during that summer. That was a wonderful LP with The Supremes "Touch", Terry Johnson's "What'cha Gonna Do" [[alternative version) and The Originals "The Bells" all of which I heard for the first time.
    Well, that’s good thing to associate it with mysterysinger... it’s such a smooth, groovy track... I love how it flows if you know what I mean

And that Motown Sound album seems like an excellent way to be introduced to some lesser known Motown gems!!!!!!
    Last edited by TomatoTom123; 01-04-2018 at 08:07 PM.

I was never crazy about this one Tom. I love the stuff Junior was doing around this time but "Gotta Hold On" just won't let me like it too much. I'm much more wild about "What Does It Take" or "These Eyes" or "Take Me I'm Ready".

One of jr's best grooves.

Quote Originally Posted by RanRan79 View Post
    I was never crazy about this one Tom. I love the stuff Junior was doing around this time but "Gotta Hold On" just won't let me like it too much. I'm much more wild about "What Does It Take" or "These Eyes" or "Take Me I'm Ready".
    Fair enough RanRan, I love Junior’s smooth groovy period too. Mmm, "What Does It Take", love it, also "Do You See My Love"... and "Right On Brothers And Sisters" too. Even his version of "These Things Will Keep Me Loving You" is excellent.

"Take Me, Girl, I'm Ready" I like too. I've actually only listened to "These Eyes" one time I think and I kinda liked it, but will have to give it another play. Just for you RanRan
    Last edited by TomatoTom123; 01-05-2018 at 08:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by arr&bee View Post
    One of jr's best grooves.
    Ayyy, arr&bee gets me, definitely one of Junior's best tracks. Probably my fave Junior song!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by TomatoTom123 View Post
    I've actually only listened to "These Eyes" one time I think and I kinda liked it, but will have to give it another play. Just for you RanRan
    Let me know any new thoughts on it!

Quote Originally Posted by RanRan79 View Post
    Let me know any new thoughts on it!
    OF COURSE RANRAN, FOR YOU ANYTHING [[JUST LOOK AT HOW QUICK THIS REPLY WAS)

I listened to it just now and again I kinda like it, especially when it kicks up a gear towards the end of the song. But I’m not mad mad mad about it.

It’ll grow on me
    Last edited by TomatoTom123; 01-05-2018 at 09:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TomatoTom123 View Post
    OF COURSE RANRAN, FOR YOU ANYTHING [[JUST LOOK AT HOW QUICK THIS REPLY WAS)

I listened to it just now and again I kinda like it, especially when it kicks up a gear towards the end of the song. But I’m not mad mad mad about it.

It’ll grow on me
    That's cool Tom. At least you gave it a listen.