[REMOVE ADS]

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Quote Originally Posted by longtimefan View Post
    Thank you, Ranran. I just thought perhaps some of readers might not know. I realize that the topic du jour on this thread is in regard to a far greater “expanded” edition than what I mentioned, but I thought I’d post to be sure. Sorry to add to the lengthy narrative unnecessarily.

Have a good day.
    I bought this reissue when it first came out in the late 90's or whenever it was. It was far from definitive, but improves upon the original album. We do need a complete expanded edition over 2 cd's to really get the full picture. I recall an alternate version of My Mistake appearing on Diana's Anthology cd from the late 90's so other alternate versions may also exist.

Quote Originally Posted by jaybs View Post
    I also rated the album when first released, many Motown artists did covers, for me they both handled Thom Bell songs well, more romantic sounding than even the Stylistics.
    I agree. I love the Stylistics. They are one of my favorite groups but I like "You are Everything" and "Stop look listen to your heart" better by Diana and Marvin.

I also prefer the Marvin/Diana version of Stop, Look, Listen. The Stylistics' version leaves me cold [[no offense to Thom Bell and RTJR). Marvin's intro is probably one of the SMOOTHEST I ever heard in music. He set the tone.

Nah. No one can better Russell Thompkins Jr. on Stylistics numbers. JMHO of course.

On the other hand, I can't imagine Russell getting close to Marvin on all his tracks that we know and love either.

Having seen The Stylistics live 5 times, I would swap at least one of those times to have seen Marvin live at his peak.

I guess the intro makes all the difference. Because OTHERWISE, I like the original version. Should've clarified I LOVE the original, but the INTRO could've been better lol

Recently downloaded this album so I feel I can now comment... lucky you guys. Anyways, I think it is great. I love the idea of the album though, so I am bound to love it when I actually listen to it.

I loooooove "You Are Everything" and "Stop, Look, Listen" although I’m not familiar with The Stylistics' versions [[yet). Also been loving "You're A Special Part Of Me" so much recently... beautiful, beautiful, beautiful... Love the alternate extended version too. And, lastly, "I’ll Keep My Light In My Window", what a tuuuune, oh my I'm actively irreligious [[lol) but I love it. "Include Me In Your Life" I am thoroughly enjoying right now too.

Well there you go, my rambled opinions on this album, enjoy

I have a Japanese Quad Vinyl version of the Diana&Marvin album so there must be material for an Expanded edition.

Quote Originally Posted by TomatoTom123 View Post
    Recently downloaded this album so I feel I can now comment... lucky you guys. Anyways, I think it is great. I love the idea of the album though, so I am bound to love it when I actually listen to it.

I loooooove "You Are Everything" and "Stop, Look, Listen" although I’m not familiar with The Stylistics' versions [[yet). Also been loving "You're A Special Part Of Me" so much recently... beautiful, beautiful, beautiful... Love the alternate extended version too. And, lastly, "I’ll Keep My Light In My Window", what a tuuuune, oh my I'm actively irreligious [[lol) but I love it. "Include Me In Your Life" I am thoroughly enjoying right now too.

Well there you go, my rambled opinions on this album, enjoy
    Glad you're loving it Tom. I remember when I first got the album [[on cassette) I played it out like it was new and at that point it was more than 25 years old! Still one of my all time favorite Diana albums and Marvin albums.

Just to be “picky” [[smile)....

Since this is a Diana and Marvin box set collection, why isn’t the third CD a solo Diana album, rather than one that features The Supremes [[even including Jean Terrell). Goodness knows there are enough solo Diana CDs to choose from! LOL.

Gotta ask Motown about that, I guess lol

That IS weird.

Quote Originally Posted by longtimefan View Post
    Just to be “picky” [[smile)....

Since this is a Diana and Marvin box set collection, why isn’t the third CD a solo Diana album, rather than one that features The Supremes [[even including Jean Terrell). Goodness knows there are enough solo Diana CDs to choose from! LOL.

What an embarrassment !!!