[REMOVE ADS]

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

"Nightflight" Tue Feb 1, 9P-12M ET: "....if the snow doesn't interfere with...."

Attachment 2312

Hiya, FOLKS! If the snow doesn't interfere with my getting to the station, and the transmitter stays aloft...

It's been a sad period for me and I know many of you with the recent passing of Motown great Gladys Horton. I can't even find words about my feelings of loss...and yet another loss of another member of our Motown family.

But instead of doing a tribute to only Gladys, who clearly deserves more than one of my tributes...I thought that I would pay tribute to Gladys and all the Motown artists we have lost over the years...artists that have meant so much to us...who have brought us joy...who have eased our pain by singing about theirs...and who, on one level, we feel to be part of our own family. So...tonight...a Motown Memorial Tribute...
    maybe with sadness...but a whole lot of JOY...and Love...on "Nightflight"....on WOMR 92.1 FM Provincetown and WFMR 91.3 FM Orleans and streaming live worldwide in digital stereo at www.womr.org
    Thanks!
    John

Attachment 2313

Hope snow keeps away..Best Always..Paulo xxxx

Well....THANK you, Paulo! I appreciate that...and to you too! John

miss_lish Guest
    Lovely idea MJ; and very appropriate. xo

Thanks, ML....will we see you tonight?

topdiva1 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by midnight johnny View Post
    Attachment 2312

Hiya, FOLKS! If the snow doesn't interfere with my getting to the station, and the transmitter stays aloft...

It's been a sad period for me and I know many of you with the recent passing of Motown great Gladys Horton. I can't even find words about my feelings of loss...and yet another loss of another member of our Motown family.

But instead of doing a tribute to only Gladys, who clearly deserves more than one of my tributes...I thought that I would pay tribute to Gladys and all the Motown artists we have lost over the years...artists that have meant so much to us...who have brought us joy...who have eased our pain by singing about theirs...and who, on one level, we feel to be part of our own family. So...tonight...a Motown Memorial Tribute...
    maybe with sadness...but a whole lot of JOY...and Love...on "Nightflight"....on WOMR 92.1 FM Provincetown and WFMR 91.3 FM Orleans and streaming live worldwide in digital stereo at www.womr.org
    Thanks!
    John

Attachment 2313

Gordy ALMOST looks tall in this photo.

With Miss Mary Wilson being among the last of the truly great orginal Motown stars - will you ever - be open and professionally ready to finally do a tribute to her. I understand it is YOUR show - but I just thought I would ask and see if your where that well rounded - I have heard otherwise. So I just thought why not get the answer from the horses mouth, as it were.

I can give lessons for driving in the snow if you want.

Winter tires, keep moving, don't spin.

But if the ground is warm and there's lots of snow, it'll turn to ice where it falls and you're in trouble.

We are back to next to no snow here; if it snows on you, I'll post one of my snow pictures. And unfortunately, I'll be at work until your show is nearly done.

Quote Originally Posted by topdiva1 View Post
    Gordy ALMOST looks tall in this photo.

With Miss Mary Wilson being among the last of the truly great orginal Motown stars - will you ever - be open and professionally ready to finally do a tribute to her. I understand it is YOUR show - but I just thought I would ask and see if your where that well rounded - I have heard otherwise. So I just thought why not get the answer from the horses mouth, as it were.

Well....FIRST of all...I am NOT a professional...and never claim to be. I am a volunteer at a non-commercial community supported radio station. Secondly, I HAVE paid tribute to Mary...in the context of the Supremes...all six versions of them. So she has gotten MUCH more air time on my show than, say, Lynda, Susaye...or even Scherrie. And lastly, NO one is perfectly well rounded...unless they are a BUBBLE! Hope you'll join us for the Motown Memorial Tribute...so many gone too soon....

Quote Originally Posted by jobeterob View Post
    I can give lessons for driving in the snow if you want.

Winter tires, keep moving, don't spin.

But if the ground is warm and there's lots of snow, it'll turn to ice where it falls and you're in trouble.

We are back to next to no snow here; if it snows on you, I'll post one of my snow pictures. And unfortunately, I'll be at work until your show is nearly done.

Rob...thanks for you offer...HAH! I should be okay....I have a snappy little Accura that floats on top of the snow like a butterfly....sorry you'll miss the tribute....

miss_lish Guest
    MissLish will be in attendance; however, we are experiencing our very own Arctic cold front in Colorado, and it ain't nuthin' nice!

topdiva1 Guest
    Well....FIRST of all...I am NOT a professional...and never claim to be. I am a volunteer at a non-commercial community supported radio station. Secondly, I HAVE paid tribute to Mary...in the context of the Supremes...all six versions of them. So she has gotten MUCH more air time on my show than, say, Lynda, Susaye...or even Scherrie. And lastly, NO one is perfectly well rounded...unless they are a BUBBLE! Hope you'll join us for the Motown Memorial Tribute...so many gone too soon....
    Thank you for the invite - I would not miss it, if possible.

Still I would like your views on Mary Wilson aprt from her long time with various Supreme Groupings - she has been on her own for a while - and I would like to hear what you and your listeners think about Mary Wilson.

Thank you again.

I am going to tune in tonight Johnny. I was going to start a thread about your show but there has been this guy running around playing thread police. I wasn't sure I should start anything in the Motown section or where ever. He must be the associate SDF site administrator or something. I do know he comes across as nuts.

Anyway I look forward to your program. Sorry the weather is so bad out there. Things are fine in San Diego.

topdiva1 Guest
    ^Start your thread honey - ignore the thread and spelling police. They are mostly the weird sad satire laced boys from SUPREMESSTIRFRY.

I might be able to catch the last few minutes of your show; I was also going to tell you that I heard our local community radio is now available on podcasts; your market is probably bigger than ours so perhaps you will be able to archive your shows soon.

Someday soon, perhaps you can replay your Jean Terrell or Susaye Greene shows; I think you did a Scherrie Payne one too.

Give Penny's Avon sales a plug; she's a nice girl. We gotta get Diva together with Elegant Soul as they are in very close proximity to each other.

Quote Originally Posted by miss_lish View Post
    MissLish will be in attendance; however, we are experiencing our very own Arctic cold front in Colorado, and it ain't nuthin' nice!
    Great, Miss_L....Hey...I'm sure it's even COLDER where you are!

Quote Originally Posted by Penny View Post
    I am going to tune in tonight Johnny. I was going to start a thread about your show but there has been this guy running around playing thread police. I wasn't sure I should start anything in the Motown section or where ever. He must be the associate SDF site administrator or something. I do know he comes across as nuts.

Anyway I look forward to your program. Sorry the weather is so bad out there. Things are fine in San Diego.
    Penny...so glad you'll be with us! Thanks...but no need to start a thread on the show...I have to put one up anyway...and it might confuse folks...but I appreciate your kindness!

Quote Originally Posted by jobeterob View Post
    I might be able to catch the last few minutes of your show; I was also going to tell you that I heard our local community radio is now available on podcasts; your market is probably bigger than ours so perhaps you will be able to archive your shows soon.

Someday soon, perhaps you can replay your Jean Terrell or Susaye Greene shows; I think you did a Scherrie Payne one too.

Give Penny's Avon sales a plug; she's a nice girl. We gotta get Diva together with Elegant Soul as they are in very close proximity to each other.
    Hope you can get a few minutes of the show in, Rob...it's been a while!

Sad but a great idea for the show tonight JP..

I hope you make it to the station safe and sound

Tony...hey!!! I know what you mean about sadness. But the one solace I have is that the ones that left are somehow together....and what a Motortown Revue THAT must be!
    Thanks...I will be careful, daddy.....[[smile)......

Hey Johnny, good talking with you my buddy. I've enjoyed tributes to our late Motown legends you've done before and although the subject matter is sad, the music and the memories are always so wonderful that the shows are also joyful celebrations of these talented artists and the indelible marks they have made in the history of music. Music that will live on forever, long after they and we are no longer here.

Quote Originally Posted by sophisticated_soul View Post
    Hey Johnny, good talking with you my buddy. I've enjoyed tributes to our late Motown legends you've done before and although the subject matter is sad, the music and the memories are always so wonderful that the shows are also joyful celebrations of these talented artists and the indelible marks they have made in the history of music. Music that will live on forever, long after they and we are no longer here.
    Joseph....good talking with you too, amigo! I couldn't have said the rest of your post better myself....except....one thing.......where are WE going?

Looking forward to the show Johnny. Good luck dealing with the weather and Tony Turner.

....except....one thing.......where are WE going?
    To A Go-Go.

Hi John,
    I'm hearing from the start of the show and multitasking

Hey Jim and Steve!!!!...and all!

Hi Johnny, really sweet music tonight.

hey everybody!!!

Hi Patty, we missed you last week. Glad to see you made it back!

Patty....how nice....I think we may be complete....

beautiful show

Quote Originally Posted by JimBagley View Post
    beautiful show
    Thanks Jim.....how ya doing????

But, here at least, it is not beautiful snow. A lot of ice.

Thanks Jim.....how ya doing????
    Ducking and weaving the snow and ice the best I can [[as I am sure you are). Tonight's show is the perfect antidote to the Northeastern Winter Blues.

Oh yeah "Buttered Popcorn!"

My weather isn't too bad....messy....not icy [[yet)...and we have to wait til tomorrow's uppercut!

Hi John, Great song. But he, David Ruffin, did lead on so many.

[[I Know) I'm Losing You! Sounding excellent!!

Thanks.....

Goodnight John....enjoyed this first hour...time for me to get to bed...it will be up early to shovel more snow and get to work...I hope there's no snow left on the Cape when I arrive this coming Friday night.

Robert White from the Funk Brothers also died several years ago.

Great first hour JP!

hey hey PattiTomato!

How about a 3 hours version of All I Do? lol

Tammi Terrell. ALWAYS the perfect choice! Thanks John

hey Tony!!

Quote Originally Posted by johnjeb View Post
    Goodnight John....enjoyed this first hour...time for me to get to bed...it will be up early to shovel more snow and get to work...I hope there's no snow left on the Cape when I arrive this coming Friday night.

John.....you sneak....listening to the show unbeknowst to me...glad to have you ...but only briefly....HAAA....NO SNOW ON THE CAPE!

G'night, John!

It must be magic. Indeed it must. The magic of music.

Quote Originally Posted by lovechild View Post
    Great first hour JP!

hey hey PattiTomato!
    Tone...some of these songs I could put on an endless loop...thanks!

Teena Gone Way Too Soon

Teena's "Lady T" was produced by Richard Rudolph, the late Minnie Ripterton's husband.

Oooppps...think I was wrong, Joseph...I'll try it again when this is done....