[REMOVE ADS]

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Yes, "Old Love [[Let's Try It Again)" is one of my all time favorite songs. This version is the slower original version, that was pulled and then sped up. Like "Shop Around"

I love "One Block From Heaven" too, but you were right the first time with "Old Love"! Thanks!

JP I agree that the Barbara Randolph song is My Place

I gotta sign off now. Really enjoyed tonight's show. Thanks Johnny. Goodnight everyone.

Jim

Quote Originally Posted by JimBagley View Post
    I gotta sign off now. Really enjoyed tonight's show. Thanks Johnny. Goodnight everyone.

Jim
    Goodnight Jim.

Hey, just tuned in and I get to hear Irene Ryan. Awesome.

"Don't tell me that child ain't sick; nobody makes a noise like that on purpose."

Quote Originally Posted by JimBagley View Post

Jim
    Jim thanks so much...great your being here!! Have a great week too!

Quote Originally Posted by jobeterob View Post
    Hey, just tuned in and I get to hear Irene Ryan. Awesome.

"Don't tell me that child ain't sick; nobody makes a noise like that on purpose."

HAAAAAAAAA...great line....Rob...glad you made it!

Great show Johnny. I have to go now but just wanted to say thank you and I will look forward to next week. Stay warm and stay safe.

Wow this Mercy Mercy Me is Beautiful!

Yes, Granny said that with a lot of pzazz, zip and flair.........the episode was Jed's Dilemna, on Youtube, easily.

Did Penny's Avon get a plug?

Awesome version of Mercy Mercy Me..........reminds me of his P U S H Expo version.

Hi John,
    I knew it was her but did not know her real name.

Goodnight Penny.

For anyone that wants to remember Irene Ryan, she is at her best in this episode.

I love her as much as John.

I love this LoveChild..thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Penny View Post
    Great show Johnny. I have to go now but just wanted to say thank you and I will look forward to next week. Stay warm and stay safe.
    Penny...thanks...have a wonderful week......you stay warm too...what am I saying...you're in San Diego! [[smile)

Quote Originally Posted by lovechild View Post
    Wow this Mercy Mercy Me is Beautiful!
    Truly lovely....

These are some awesome songs; it's been a while since I've listened to With You I'm Born Again; I always forget Syreeta did have a huge American hit. A great Love Child too. Motown is so great.

I'm very grateful whenever Berry Gordy speaks about each of his artists when they slip away on us.........like Michael, Teena, and now Gladys.

You know I'm very out of the loop, and I love laughing and being a "peckerhead".............................and I know you've had suggestions early on for what kind of shows you should do...............

And John, you can be a very bad dude sometimes, I heard you snickering on here.....

So here's my suggestion for a show: Diana Ross and Everybody But the Supremes; all the songs with No Supremes, just Andantes and Originals and Contours and Temptations and Lionel and Michael and Marvin.

Your show is going to called "Dedicated to .............................. well, I'll let you fill in the blank!

Yes, Granny said that with a lot of pzazz, zip and flair.........the episode was Jed's Dilemna, on Youtube, easily.

Did Penny's Avon get a plug?

Awesome version of Mercy Mercy Me..........reminds me of his P U S H Expo version.

I can't plug on this station...

Another great show John. And a great closing song. Good night all.

Thank you John for a wonderful tribute tonight!

Have a good week and stay safe and warm everyone

Wonderful show, Johnny. Thanks. Thanks everyone. Nytol.

These are some awesome songs; it's been a while since I've listened to With You I'm Born Again; I always forget Syreeta did have a huge American hit. A great Love Child too. Motown is so great.

I'm very grateful whenever Berry Gordy speaks about each of his artists when they slip away on us.........like Michael, Teena, and now Gladys.
    Thanks Rob!

Quote Originally Posted by MotownSteve View Post
    Another great show John. And a great closing song. Good night all.

Steve and Joseph and Tony and Penny and Patty and Jim and Miss_Lish and Rob...thanks so much....do stay safe and warm......

You know I'm very out of the loop, and I love laughing and being a "peckerhead".............................and I know you've had suggestions early on for what kind of shows you should do...............

And John, you can be a very bad dude sometimes, I heard you snickering on here.....

So here's my suggestion for a show: Diana Ross and Everybody But the Supremes; all the songs with No Supremes, just Andantes and Originals and Contours and Temptations and Lionel and Michael and Marvin.

Your show is going to called "Dedicated to .............................. well, I'll let you fill in the blank!
    man....I'm at a loss.....

topdiva1 Guest

You show was good - However I cannot see how one would do a show on Diana Ross and not mention The Supremes. Miss Ross was just another Supreme - before Gordy and his Motown machine feel in love with her and made her into Diana Ross.

Be fair people without Florence Ballard and Mary Wilson we may not have know the girl they all called Diane Ross - give the others some credit as well.

Rob

You are so naughty sometimes...dangling carrots like that! *smile*

I don't believe anyone can talk about Motown, with sincerity, if they exclude the Supremes. It wasn't just about music, certainly not in Europe, the Supremes and their Motown music opened up avenues outside music that might still have been closed.

JohnP

Midnight Johnny, stay away from that.......Rob.....! And call your programme as you decide, but just keep on doing them!

*smile*

topdiva1 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by theboyfromxtown View Post
    JohnP

Midnight Johnny, stay away from that.......Rob.....! And call your programme as you decide, but just keep on doing them!

*smile*

And I agree - program as you see fit.

SMILE!!!!!!

Now, fellas..........John got the dangled carrot, privately!

And while you could do a Diana Ross show, it would certainly have Supremes.

The only reason we would ever entertain a Supremeless show that included The Queen would be to upset the populace; and we'd upset them in a good way, so they'd become even more rabid.

It's all a good thing.

Quote Originally Posted by topdiva1 View Post
    You show was good - However I cannot see how one would do a show on Diana Ross and not mention The Supremes. Miss Ross was just another Supreme - before Gordy and his Motown machine feel in love with her and made her into Diana Ross.

Be fair people without Florence Ballard and Mary Wilson we may not have know the girl they all called Diane Ross - give the others some credit as well.
    Of course...a tribute to Diana without mentioning the Supremes is a bit ridiculous. And, of course, without Flo and Mary there history may have changed in some fashion.

Quote Originally Posted by theboyfromxtown View Post
    JohnP

*smile*
    John...I will....thank you. I would still love to have YOU on for an interview [[smile).

The only reason we would ever entertain a Supremeless show that included The Queen would be to upset the populace; and we'd upset them in a good way, so they'd become even more rabid.

It's all a good thing.
    Rob...Rob...Rob...I bet you LOVE poking pigs in a pen with a stick.

topdiva1 Guest

It's all a good thing.

It cannot possibly be a good thing to make iconicpuff and his dogs any more rabid then they are. Leave that to iconicpuff over at the site he calls himself themoderator of - under a different name of course - SUPREMESTIRFRY - and I no longer wonder why he swears that I am Tony Turner. As if that Diva would even glance at him - or maybe if Turner did - iconicpuff would turn to stone and leave us all alone - as his goal is to ruin Ralpht and this site.

NEVER HAPPEN

topdiva1 Guest
    Although The Three Degrees is not a Motown group - but, since they have been great friends with Diana Ross over many years - would you ever do something - even a mini review/interview about them, if you have not already done so.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by topdiva1 View Post
    Although The Three Degrees is not a Motown group - but, since they have been great friends with Diana Ross over many years - would you ever do something - even a mini review/interview about them, if you have not already done so.

Thanks
    I have and I do.....

As Irene Ryan would have said with a twinkle in her eyes............I knew I liked those Three Degrees. I will have to learn some of their songs besides When Will I See You Again.

Pigs? In a pen? Well I never saw it that way, but of course. A taser would be way more fun.

Debating a lawyer is futile; it never ends; that's what they are all about. But it's kind of the same with journalists.

Tony, you guys all seem to know each other; sadly or fortunately, I dont know any of you except a few that I've met on SD. I guess I'm lucky maybe?? But I dont know the history. I have heard there was huge jealousy of people like Motown Fan [[who doesn't come here anymore) because he had actual contact with people at Motown and got all the fan goodies and was well liked. It's been suggested I join Soul Source and Motown Treasures and this Stir Fry affair but there's enough call for my taser here.

This thread is about the music and a wonderful radio show. Why try to hijack it TopDIVA? I don't get it!

topdiva1 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by midnight johnny View Post
    I have and I do.....

Great Thanks.

topdiva1 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Penny View Post
    This thread is about the music and a wonderful radio show. Why try to hijack it TopDIVA? I don't get it!
    I did not know Avon was popular in Europe - and who mentioned the word hijack - that is a stirfry term - stop your claws are showing again - even under your NEW NAME here, my dear.

topdiva1 Guest
    As Irene Ryan would have said with a twinkle in her eyes............I knew I liked those Three Degrees. I will have to learn some of their songs besides When Will I See You Again.

Pigs? In a pen? Well I never saw it that way, but of course. A taser would be way more fun.

Debating a lawyer is futile; it never ends; that's what they are all about. But it's kind of the same with journalists.

Tony, you guys all seem to know each other; sadly or fortunately, I dont know any of you except a few that I've met on SD. I guess I'm lucky maybe?? But I dont know the history. I have heard there was huge jealousy of people like Motown Fan [[who doesn't come here anymore) because he had actual contact with people at Motown and got all the fan goodies and was well liked. It's been suggested I join Soul Source and Motown Treasures and this Stir Fry affair but there's enough call for my taser here.

As an attorney you should know better - and your case load must be very lite - and as for calling me Tony all the time - it was cute at first - but now legally boring.

Ok, folks. PLEASE do not use the "Nightflight" threads for this kind of skullduggery. I welcome ALL listeners who enjoy the music of the Motown family or whomEVER I am playing. I welcome listeners even if they have a second or a third name. I only would like folks to be civil and friendly...and it's getting close to the border. I'm sure there are other threads where some of this can be worked out...or even private messages so that others don't have to a party to issues that have nothing to do withthem or what goes on here. I would truly appreciate it. And Rob...you know I like you...but please don't unnecessarliy fan flames here. Thanks ALL! John

I only drop in between clients, usually with my flamethrower and taser at the ready.

But I'm zipping them up, putting them away...........and doing as JP asks.

Hey, I didn't participate in the 3 Degrees threads; I couldn't even understand what they were about. It wasn't me..............really.

I only drop in between clients, usually with my flamethrower and taser at the ready.

But I'm zipping them up, putting them away...........and doing as JP asks.

Hey, I didn't participate in the 3 Degrees threads; I couldn't even understand what they were about. It wasn't me..............really.
    Thanks, Mister....

topdiva1 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by midnight johnny View Post
    Ok, folks. PLEASE do not use the "Nightflight" threads for this kind of skullduggery. I welcome ALL listeners who enjoy the music of the Motown family or whomEVER I am playing. I welcome listeners even if they have a second or a third name. I only would like folks to be civil and friendly...and it's getting close to the border. I'm sure there are other threads where some of this can be worked out...or even private messages so that others don't have to a party to issues that have nothing to do withthem or what goes on here. I would truly appreciate it. And Rob...you know I like you...but please don't unnecessarliy fan flames here. Thanks ALL! John

I understand - sorry.

topdiva...thanks!