[REMOVE ADS]

Just To Keep You In My Life - The Temptations

I canNOT stop listening to this utterly fantastic track from The Tempts' 1984 album Truly For You, produced by Al McKay and Ralph Johnson of Earth, Wind & Fire...

...in other words Ron Tyson does Philip Bailey and The Tempts do EW&F!!!!!! Love it!!!!

[several days later...]

Ok I guess no one wants to hear this, lol

It’s really good, give it a try

I'll listen when I dig the album out! Don't panic!

Wow, I've had this album for years but only listened to it a couple of times. This track is great and yes, I get the EW&F vibe, it could be them.
    This is why I love this site, getting recommendations of tracks you have in your collection but didn't given them a good listening too.
    Thanks for that.

Quote Originally Posted by soulwally View Post
    I'll listen when I dig the album out! Don't panic!
    Lol, good to hear soulwally!! You'll enjoy it

Quote Originally Posted by masterblaster View Post
    Wow, I've had this album for years but only listened to it a couple of times. This track is great and yes, I get the EW&F vibe, it could be them.
    This is why I love this site, getting recommendations of tracks you have in your collection but didn't given them a good listening too.
    Thanks for that.
    YES, masterblaster, I totally agree! I had listened to most of the tracks on the album but for some unknown reason skipped over this one. I was blown away when I heard it for the first time!!!

I actually played this to my Dad who is a massive Earth, Wind & Fire fan... and he thought it was them! a temptin' trick

temptationsfan500 Guest
    That's a really good song. Truly for you just a great album. Here's another fave--got that 80s pop reggae feel to it and the vocals!

Quote Originally Posted by temptationsfan500 View Post
    That's a really good song. Truly for you just a great album. Here's another fave--got that 80s pop reggae feel to it and the vocals!
    Great one temptsfan. Definitely a reggae feel. Love it.

Also love "Memories" from Truly For You. As you say what a great album!