[REMOVE ADS]

Question About Martha [[and Vandellas) Live Performances

Did Martha Reeves and the Vandellas ever perform any of the following live in concert or on television?

Honey Love
    Taking My Love and Leaving Me
    Bless You
    In and Out of My Life

I know they lip synced to "Bless You" on Soul Train, but is there any footage or audio of them singing it live? Has any of their concert performances from the early 70s surfaced anywhere? "In and Out of My Life" is one of my absolute favorites so I'm curious how a live version might have come across.

Quote Originally Posted by RanRan79 View Post
    Did Martha Reeves and the Vandellas ever perform any of the following live in concert or on television?

Honey Love
    Taking My Love and Leaving Me
    Bless You
    In and Out of My Life

I know they lip synced to "Bless You" on Soul Train, but is there any footage or audio of them singing it live? Has any of their concert performances from the early 70s surfaced anywhere? "In and Out of My Life" is one of my absolute favorites so I'm curious how a live version might have come across.
    TAKING MY LOVE AND LEAVING ME was performed live to track on the Mike Douglas Show.

I would think that some of these songs might have made it to their live act at some point. But I haven't read many reviews of their later performances. IN AND OUT OF MY LIFE is a fave of mine as well, and when I bought a vhs of their Soul Train appearance, I was disappointed that they didn't perform it.
    Last edited by reese; 12-01-2017 at 12:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by reese View Post
    TAKING MY LOVE AND LEAVING ME was performed live to track on the Mike Douglas Show.

I would think that some of these songs might have made it to their live act at some point. But I haven't read many reviews of their later performances. IN AND OUT OF MY LIFE is a fave of mine as well, and when I bought a vhs of their Soul Train appearance, I was disappointed that they didn't perform it.
    Technically Martha sang live but Lois and Sandra lip synced the background. But I’m kinda of curious of their tv appearances once Lois joined. I did see their appearance on Mike Douglas on December 1968 where they did sing live but the audio was crappy.

Quote Originally Posted by blackguy69 View Post
    Technically Martha sang live but Lois and Sandra lip synced the background. But I’m kinda of curious of their tv appearances once Lois joined. I did see their appearance on Mike Douglas on December 1968 where they did sing live but the audio was crappy.
    The only appearance I've seen with Lois [[other than Soul Train and Mike Douglas) is the NBC special "SOUL." She, Martha, and Rosalind sang DOWN BY THE RIVERSIDE, and performed in the I COULD HAVE DANCED ALL NIGHT finale.

Thanks for the information guys!

the first time I saw Lois in the group was on the Joey Bishop late night show where they did "Honey Chile" & it was great the routine that Lois & Roz did at one point was like a kinda funky square dance routine.Yes, I was disappointed in that NBC special that all they did was "Down By The Riverside" [[Martha, Lois & Sandy).

I’m confused was roz on the soul special or was it sandy. Which prompts me to ask, when in 68 did roz exited and sandy came in?

I’m confused was roz on the soul special or was it sandy. Which prompts me to ask, when in 68 did roz exited and sandy came in?
    I was always under the assumption that Roz left in 1969.

The Soul special was Martha, Roz and Lois.