[REMOVE ADS]

It ULTIMATELY Sold Out?!?

Just happened to check the Real Gone website; looks as though "Merry Christmas" from the Supremes is sold out?

Sure looks that way. I tried to order it and it said Sold Out!

Quote Originally Posted by luke View Post
    Sure looks that way. I tried to order it and it said Sold Out!
    That's great to hear! It is still available on Amazon, but for Real Gone it's proof they should continue in releasing the previous digital download only expanded editions on CD. Funny Girl, Sings Songs From The Wiz, Baby It's Me will no doubt sell out too.

A' Go-Go is down to only 6 copies left and that's it!

I'm not sure that Universal clearly understands that the market for the Supremes and Diana Ross [[brad excepted) is older and they buy more CDs than digital downloads.

It's hard to imagine they don't have a grasp of that concept

Quote Originally Posted by jobeterob View Post
    It's hard to imagine they don't have a grasp of that concept
    Given the fact that the 'Unreleased Motown' download series looks set for CD, it looks like the penny has finally dropped!

So glad I got my order in for the Supremes Christmas set from Real Gone. I've come to realise that, like Hip-O, they are limited numbers and once they've gone, thats it.

I missed out on both a Perry Como and Vikki Carr release from Real Gone, and just can't get hold of a copy.

So don't delay folks. When Real Gone is gone, it really is gone!

Quote Originally Posted by bradsupremes View Post
    A' Go-Go is down to only 6 copies left and that's it!
    Universal's suppliers only have six copies left? Or are you only going by what Amazon is reporting? Keep in mind that this CD is sold in other online stores [[including Amazon UK etc) and by other retailers. It's likely that Amazon will re-order more copies if the title is not out of print.

Quote Originally Posted by lakedistrictlad1 View Post
    Given the fact that the 'Unreleased Motown' download series looks set for CD, it looks like the penny has finally dropped!

So glad I got my order in for the Supremes Christmas set from Real Gone. I've come to realise that, like Hip-O, they are limited numbers and once they've gone, thats it.

I missed out on both a Perry Como and Vikki Carr release from Real Gone, and just can't get hold of a copy.

So don't delay folks. When Real Gone is gone, it really is gone!
    I got an email about a sale from Real Gone, and it looked like the Perry Como was still available. Did you try the RG web site? It's a great set. When the Como was out of print, I couldn't force myself to pay $100 for it. So glad RG reissued it.

Here's the link.

https://shop.realgonemusic.com/colle...istmas-3cd-set
    Last edited by kenneth; 11-25-2017 at 04:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by helga View Post
    Universal's suppliers only have six copies left? Or are you only going by what Amazon is reporting? Keep in mind that this CD is sold in other online stores [[including Amazon UK etc) and by other retailers. It's likely that Amazon will re-order more copies if the title is not out of print.
    I believe that's it. George was on here saying there wasn't much left. If you notice Amazon didn't say "more on the way."

I wonder how many copies were pressed? I'm glad I purchased directly from Real Gone; hopefully this selling out will send the message that the CD isn't "dead", and the fans still want physical product. One can hope this success will make way for "Funny Girl".

That there's only 6 left on Amazon is a good sign too. It's possible it's still available via other outlets, but I think the general public will probably only go as far as Amazon.

Quote Originally Posted by lakedistrictlad1 View Post
    I've come to realise that, like Hip-O, they are limited numbers and once they've gone, thats it
    You are so correct with that observation. It only takes getting burned once to realize that these releases go quicker than they came. I missed vol. 2 of the David Ruffin set and am still kicking myself.

Quote Originally Posted by kenneth View Post
    I got an email about a sale from Real Gone, and it looked like the Perry Como was still available]
    Thanks for the link Kenneth, but it was the Como release called 'Look to your heart' I was after. It's not even available second hand on Amazon. 😞

Cd Japan.co has The Supremes Ultimate Merry Christmas as a
    pre-order for Dec 06 2017 for $31.35 US if anyone is interested. It is manufactured outside of Japan so should be the same as Real Gone CD but it has a different Catalogue number.

It is not uncommon that releases are sold out at the RG website but become available a few weeks later at other online webshops at lower prices.
    But if the price of this release wil not be lower the coming weeks this will probably be the first SE that I will pass on.
    Too much money for something that I will only play once...

My sweetie hinted that he got one on Amazon for me; it's on the way [[fingers and toes crossed)!

Some on-line-retailers do seem sold-out but some still have copies; I think Real Gone sometimes will do another pressing of their releases.

Quote Originally Posted by sansradio View Post
    My sweetie hinted that he got one on Amazon for me; it's on the way [[fingers and toes crossed)!
    WAIT a minute ... 'yer sweetie? Who apparently is not me? I GASP [[but am glad you are getting a copy!)

Quote Originally Posted by PeaceNHarmony View Post
    WAIT a minute ... 'yer sweetie? Who apparently is not me? I GASP [[but am glad you are getting a copy!)
    LOL! Yep, he “beat you to the punch”! 😁

Quote Originally Posted by sansradio View Post
    LOL! Yep, he “beat you to the punch”! 
    Indeed. And, apparently, there ARE quite a few fish in the sea! [[And I, a crab with an empty net...)

Just ordered it in the 3for2 offer at Amazon DE.
    Lets hope they deliver.