[REMOVE ADS]

Sups/Diana singles never performed live

What songs were never performed live? Or at least as much as we know. Or maybe performed briefly but no bootleg versions and not on any released sets

Buttered Popcorn - guessing this was but no record of it
    Some things you never get used to
    Composer
    No matter what sign - true they did lip sync on Ed. Wonder if ever live in a stage show?
    Auto sunshine
    Where do I go from here

Surrender
    Reach out I'll be there - didn't she do this in Return to Love or some of her recent Greatest Hits tours?
    You're a special part of me
    Don't know my love
    Sleepin - there's a story of Ron millers saying she sang in Vegas
    Sorry doesn't always make it right
    I thought I took a little time
    One love in my lifetime- sources say this was part of the Evening w DR lp but cut
    Getting ready for love
    You're love is so good for me
    You got it
    Top of the world
    Lovin Livin givin - supposedly in her show
    What you gave me
    My old piano
    One more chance
    Work that body

Automatically Sunshine was performed in 1973 [[JML) and 1974 [[MSC) as part of the hits medley -- both in Japan. I think a full version was performed on UK television, but I can't remember which show.

Reach Out I'll Be There is on youtube. I think I was at one of her concerts and she did Lovin Livin and Givin

Quote Originally Posted by johnny_raven View Post
    Automatically Sunshine was performed in 1973 [[JML) and 1974 [[MSC) as part of the hits medley -- both in Japan. I think a full version was performed on UK television, but I can't remember which show.
    Glad you said that about Automatically Sunshine. I seem to recall it was sung on TOTP but it was so long ago now, I am not sure

Diana did indeed include LLG in her Radio City NYC setlist in Sept '78

“Some Things You Never Get Used To” was in the live act very briefly in the summer of ‘68. “Forever Came Today” was also in the act for a very short time in March/April 1968.

As much as I love "Forever Came Today," with it's very complicated musical charts, I can see why a live performance of this atmospheric recording might not be easy to duplicate in person.

"Work That Body" was a part of Diana's setlist at Central Park; she truncated it after the first few seconds with a terse "Stop it" as she noted a disturbance in the crowd.

Her 1982 UK tour was called work that body as it was in the show and a UK top 10 hit first concert I ever saw

I saw Diana Ross do "Work that Body" during her 1982 and 83 world tours. It was one of the highlights of the show. She had everyone in the Arena exercising. "Getting Ready for love" was part of her 1979 tour. It was edited out of her HBO special.

Has she ever sung in performance any of songs she did with Marvin?

"Buttered Popcorn" and "He's 17" were in the live act in the early days. I wouldn't be surprised if a live "Popcorn" is sitting in the vaults.

"One Love In My Lifetime" was performed in full on an episode of "The Midnight Special", and it appears in a shortened version in the "An Evening With" television special.

Quote Originally Posted by johnny_raven View Post
    The medley with AUTOMATICIALLY SUNSHINE is also on their live album recorded in Japan.

Quote Originally Posted by RanRan79 View Post
    "Buttered Popcorn" and "He's 17" were in the live act in the early days. I wouldn't be surprised if a live "Popcorn" is sitting in the vaults.

"One Love In My Lifetime" was performed in full on an episode of "The Midnight Special", and it appears in a shortened version in the "An Evening With" television special.
    When I saw her in 1977, she sang ONE LOVE... in between TOUCH ME IN THE MORNING and LOVE HANGOVER.

Somebody told me that THE SUPREMES did "Where Do I Go From Here" on The Nancy Wilson Show". I didn't see it myself, but I remember being told so.