[REMOVE ADS]

Put It On The News - The Four Tops

THE FOUR TOPS DO PHILLY! From their excellent 1978 album At The Top a wonderfully catchy number called "Put It On The News"...! Enjoy

Great one, Tom - thanks. It's new to me.

Hey thanks PNH. Glad you enjoyed it. This album is cool too. Interesting hearing The Tops record in that Disco-Philly style! And to think The Tempts were doing the same thing at the same time.

This is another album worth a CD release, I long moved out all my vinyl.

Pleased to find that Amazon UK had the album for MP3 download, so good to hear it again, it sounds so fresh, and Levi has no problem at all with the Philly sound, another track I just love H.E.L.P. Just loving it.

Ah, jaybs, I was about to tell you that it had been reissued digitally, but you found out already! It's great having it in a clean digital version. I also love "This House" which has a reference to "Seven Rooms Of Gloom" if I remember correctly!

I wasn’t a massive fan of "H.E.L.P." when I first heard it, but have given it another listen, and it’s a great track really.

Just loving the album all over again TomatoTom123, The Four Tops were my group, first I went to see live, sneaking out of school saying I had a dentist appointment, and Mom I had an away rugby match, then change at the railway station out of school uniform and down to Liverpool! those days they had two performances, I was at the early one. Never then did I think when I left school I would get to interview them so many times, and to know Levi on a personal level. My brother was 11 years older than me and was always playing Tamla Motown singles, so it was natural I followed, but Philly was my real era and when the Four Tops did this album I was over the moon, but I think it is so much better now than when I first received a copy back then.

Quote Originally Posted by jaybs View Post
    Just loving the album all over again TomatoTom123, The Four Tops were my group, first I went to see live, sneaking out of school saying I had a dentist appointment, and Mom I had an away rugby match, then change at the railway station out of school uniform and down to Liverpool! those days they had two performances, I was at the early one. Never then did I think when I left school I would get to interview them so many times, and to know Levi on a personal level. My brother was 11 years older than me and was always playing Tamla Motown singles, so it was natural I followed, but Philly was my real era and when the Four Tops did this album I was over the moon, but I think it is so much better now than when I first received a copy back then.
    Ahhhh that’s so great jaybs! Bunking off school for The Tops, well, I don’t blame you!!!! I love Philly too and had no idea that this album was a 'Philly album' until I read about it on an AllMusic review. Then I had to have it!!!

Listened to "H.E.L.P." recently too and loved it!

But "Put It On The News" is still my tuuuune