[REMOVE ADS]

The ikettes - i'm blue [[the gong gong song) rare clip 1965

A house party classic:

Thanks Marv. Always good to see the classic Ikettes lineup performing.

For many years Venetta Fields has lived and worked in Australia and I believe that she now holds dual American/Australian citiizenship. So we have have now claimed her as one of our own!

Quote Originally Posted by Ozmo View Post
    Thanks Marv. Always good to see the classic Ikettes lineup performing.

For many years Venetta Fields has lived and worked in Australia and I believe that she now holds dual American/Australian citiizenship. So we have have now claimed her as one of our own!
    You're welcome Ozmo. Ronald LaPread formerly of the Commodores has lived Down Under for years now too. He lives in New Zealand.

This was one of the first records that got me into soul...and it was all because its strange title attracted my curiosity.

I was a huge I&TT fan....from just before Proud Mary. I never missed a chance to watch Tina and the Ikettes do the wiggle on TV...other boys ran home to watch baseball. I didn't hear this song til I watched the VHS tape Hairspray w/ Rikki Lake. I went to Tower and got the Atlantic Gold reissue 45. It quickly became one of my deep dish/ play for company favorites. In the movie it is speeded up a bit...the original version that is in this clip is fine and preferred
    by me.
    I love the Ikettes acappella version of Piece of My Heart that
    opens the '71 2 record live at Carnegie Hall set...and there are great videos of them doing Shake A Tail Feather and the Doobie Bros. Listen to The Music on line.

been a fan since 1962, however, this group of Ikettes are not the ones on the original 45.above is Robbie, Jessie & Venetta, but I'm pretty sure they were not the ones on the original Atco 45 that came out in '62. I think that lead singers name was Deloris Johnson.