[REMOVE ADS]

Diana Ross New Release Diamond Diana: The Legacy Collection November 17

New Remix Of The #1 Hit "Ain't No Mountain High Enough" Included In The Package

Diana Ross' NEW album release, Diamond Diana: The Legacy Collection, is a memorable music journey that celebrates her iconic legacy. The 15-song collection contains some of her biggest hit recordings of her career and will be released digitally on November 17 through Motown/UMe. Diamond Diana: The Legacy Collection also includes as a special gift to her fans an exciting new dance club remix of her #1 hit "Ain't No Mountain High Enough." Pre-orders for Diamond Diana: The Legacy Collection are available HERE.

"I send this special gift to you all. This collection of songs is from my heart to yours and I send my love and thanks and appreciation to you for my joyous amazing journey, it's so much fun," says Ms. Ross.

Diana Ross will receive the Lifetime Achievement Award at the American Music Awards on November 19, during which the show will pay tribute to her remarkable career. Diana Ross' impact in music, film, television, fashion and popular culture is unprecedented. A renowned superstar, she is one of the most successful and influential recording legends and iconic entertainers of all time.

Diamond Diana: The Legacy Collection track listing:

I'm Coming Out
    More Today Than Yesterday
    The Boss
    It's My House
    Endless Love *
    Upside Down
    You Can't Hurry Love **
    Touch Me In The Morning
    Love Hangover
    Take Me Higher
    It's My Turn
    Why Do Fools Fall In Love
    Ain't No Mountain High Enough
    Reach Out And Touch [[Somebody's Hand)
    Ain't No Mountain High Enough - The ANMHE 'Diamond Diana' Remix
    * with Lionel Richie
    ** with The Supremes

https://www.prnewswire.com/news-rele...300549048.html

Here is link to a previous post where you can here the new mix of AINT NO MOUNTAIN HIGH ENOUGH

https://soulfuldetroit.com/showthrea...ugh-is-REMIXED

What a poor selection of songs. I'll pass!

Quote Originally Posted by copley View Post
    What a poor selection of songs. I'll pass!
    Were all gonna sleep much better tonight knowing that youll pass.

It appears to be download only. If so, we would be downloading tracks we already have [[except for the 2017 remix of “Ain’t No Mountain High Enough”).
    Last edited by longtimefan; 11-03-2017 at 07:20 PM.

Copely, I'm with you,,,I'll pass as well. same old songs over and over again. nothing new.
    not a surprise

It appears to be the general set list of her show, minus most of the Supremes numbers.

But if we pass, then the one other Supremes getting a few cents of royalties out of this won't get anything................and that'll never do..............or, there ain't nothin I can do about it.

I don't understand these packages anymore if there isn't something different or unique about them. I know they are not geared toward the die-hard fans and Universal is expecting a boost in her sales after the AMA's, but if this is only available for download then won't people just download these songs individually from i-Tunes? Kinda defeats the purpose of this collection. I doubt these tracks have new mixes or anything different. Unless it's a brand new album with new songs or a reissue of a previous studio album given the expanded treatment, I just don't understand the point of these anymore especially in the digital age.

Quote Originally Posted by bradsupremes View Post
    I don't understand these packages anymore if there isn't something different or unique about them. I know they are not geared toward the die-hard fans and Universal is expecting a boost in her sales after the AMA's, but if this is only available for download then won't people just download these songs individually from i-Tunes? Kinda defeats the purpose of this collection. I doubt these tracks have new mixes or anything different. Unless it's a brand new album with new songs or a reissue of a previous studio album given the expanded treatment, I just don't understand the point of these anymore especially in the digital age.
    Brad,
    You are spot on. All I can add is that the “merchandizing plan” related to the [[1) release of the perfume and [[2) the AMA award is to have a budget release on hand when folks turn to iTunes to “get some Diana Ross music.” Clearly, this digital release is of minimal interest to veteran fans except to know that new audiences are showing their appreciation of Diana.

Quote Originally Posted by Roberta75 View Post
    Were all gonna sleep much better tonight knowing that youll pass.
    I'm so pleased for you.

Quote Originally Posted by copley View Post
    I'm so pleased for you.
    I think the majority of your posts gauranttee a lot of us here a real good nights sleep. ����

Quote Originally Posted by Roberta75 View Post
    I think the majority of your posts gauranttee a lot of us here a real good nights sleep. ����
    You are just too funny.
    Last edited by copley; 11-03-2017 at 09:49 PM.

I'm not really keen on the new remix but perhaps that's the style today

Sales after the AMAs will depend on the quality of her performance. My hopes for something WOW are not high.

I would love to buy this on CD for the cover and the new remix. Sadly it seems to be digital only.

If the record company is interested in making money off of Miss Ross during this wave of incoming publicity, they should sign her as an artist and have her release another studio album, instead of continuing to release these useless compilations. She recently said herself during her Q & A session at her Vegas show that she had written a new song with Fred White [[her long-time backup singer) and thought maybe it would be included on this new compilation. Contrary to what many fans have claimed, which is that she is no longer interested in recording new music, she has confirmed the complete opposite and has shown she is still interested. So what's the hold-up? Is it really easier to sell yet another "new" compilation with the same songs that are already available on hundreds of others? Simply because it uses the title "Diamond Diana", the same title as her new perfume? So lame!!

On the plus side, we diehards are getting these incredible expanded edition sets. So if Diamond Diana was the only release we could expect, then yes, there would be something to complain about.

This is excellent promotion. Great to see an aggressive cross promotion for Diana at this point in her career. This is clearly a direct tie in for her perfume launch, VMA honor, and the 2 [[so far) tv appearances. This download is not for the longtime fan. Maybe instead of focusing on what is disappointing for some, you should recognize this for what it truly is- The Re-Happening of Diana Ross.

I am in........................ ANMHE is my new workout song.

It's way too weighted with the RCA classics , but at least the always popular, WHY DO FOOLS FALL IN LOVE made the cut . And what no, I WILL SURVIVE? Her piece de resistance for closing out every show?

still , its sure to satisfy some level of demand.

As far as DIAMONDS , it just doesn't strike me as the right name for Diana's scent . I don't think it has brand recognition. Marilyn Monroe could do DIAMONDS. So could Liz Taylor who was famous for that rock of hers . But Diana Ross and diamonds? Personally , I think more of feathers and sequins, although I'm not sure how you tie that into a fragrance name . Would "SEQUINS" work??

I would've thought the obvious name would be "ENDLESS LOVE" - romantic in every way. Great name recognition. Her biggest song.
    Oh and "THE BOSS" maybe has potential, as it has an empowering feel to it , well suited for today's aggressive gals. Written just right on the bottle : Diana Ross' THE BOSS , could work!

Any increase in notice or airplay generates a new batch of first time buyers....record companies thrive on reissues...there are no new recording expenses so its a much bigger profit. I saw a Tom Petty hits CD in Walgreens I never saw before earlier in the week.

if diana was to sign on, they record companies would want her to tour to promote it, she doesn't want to.
    that why the Clive Davis deal fell thru. he offered her a 4 album deal but wanted a international tour. she said no to the tour

Quote Originally Posted by daviddh View Post
    if diana was to sign on, they record companies would want her to tour to promote it, she doesn't want to.
    that why the Clive Davis deal fell thru. he offered her a 4 album deal but wanted a international tour. she said no to the tour
    She wants to release new product but refuses to sign a contract to undertake a world tour to promote it. She is willing to tour domestically and a few dates in the UK, but flatly refuses to commit to a worldwide tour. Those are the conditions that three major labels have offered her, but unless she changes her stance the proposed project will remain in limbo. The only other option is to release an album independently, and i don't know the answer as to why she does not proceed in that direction.

I’ve been watching her for five decades and she has always been a nose to the grindstone hard worker. No more. She seems to not want to do anything but the show she’s doing and has been doing for a very long time. No new songs. No recordings. Rarely a new gown. She’s earned the right do do as she pleases, and I still enjoy her show as of last summer, but the reason to release another group of the same songs is beyond me. Like most, I wish she still had the drive to expand and grow, but, alas, I fear those days are behind us. I pray I’m wrong, but I expect Ain’t No Mountain or Reach Out And Touch at the AMA’s......sigh

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebrock View Post
    She wants to release new product but refuses to sign a contract to undertake a world tour to promote it. She is willing to tour domestically and a few dates in the UK, but flatly refuses to commit to a worldwide tour. Those are the conditions that three major labels have offered her, but unless she changes her stance the proposed project will remain in limbo. The only other option is to release an album independently, and i don't know the answer as to why she does not proceed in that direction.
    ... and really, who can blame the lady? I sure do wish there were new recordings [[speaking of Gregory Porter, can you imagine Diana's glorious voice on 'Nature Boy'? WOW ...) but with the family she has ... Ross has been getting on and off planes trains and automobiles for nearly 60 years, not to mention inane and endless interviews. The fans get left out of new material, which is unfortunate, but so be it.
    Last edited by PeaceNHarmony; 11-06-2017 at 05:25 PM.

I realize the new Diamond Diana Legacy Collection is digital only at this time, but some years back during a radio interview on "Nightflight" WOMR 92.1 FM Provincetown, George Solomon of Universal Music stated that large retailers like Target demand new catalogue CD releases every few years. That is the reason why many Motown recording artists have new best of collections that seem to be endlessly re-packaged. If nothing else, this helps keep staff in the art department employed.

Don't like it? Don't buy it. Next!