[REMOVE ADS]

Martha reeves & the vandellas - my baby loves me [[rare clip 1966)

Last edited by soulpassion; 10-28-2017 at 10:47 PM.

Oh wow! I can remember seeing the still photos from this performance in Jet Magazine as a kid. This is the first time I'm actually seeing it! Thank you Soulpassion!

Love love love this song. Did any Vandellas actually record on this song ?

@marv2 Hi that has actually surprised me because if I thought of any member who would have seen these? would have been you lol...Thankyou, you are most welcome.

@luke Hi I remember reading a while back on some forum that it was only Martha's vocals backed by The Andantes & The Four Tops but maybe someone on here can confirm this? Thankyou.

Quote Originally Posted by soulpassion View Post
    @marv2 Hi that has actually surprised me because if I thought of any member who would have seen these? would have been you lol...Thankyou, you are most welcome.
    I have seen just about everything [[some things I was not suppose to see hehehehehehehe!) but had not seen this. I believe they also did "Dancing In the Streets" on the same show. I am pleasantly surprised. Thanks again for this.

Quote Originally Posted by soulpassion View Post
    @luke Hi I remember reading a while back on some forum that it was only Martha's vocals backed by The Andantes & The Four Tops but maybe someone on here can confirm this? Thankyou.
    I know the Four Tops are on there. If any of the Vandellas are on it, we would have to ask Betty, Roz etc.

Am lost for words. One of Martha's very best which deserved better than #22 US and nowhere UK! Great performance but what on earth were they wearing!

One of my FAVORITE MRATV songs!! Wish the watermark was lower, though.

Thanks soulpassion. My favourite M&V tune, and never out of my top ten favourite Motown records. Martha is so animated on this!

Oh and that's the Andantes with the four tops in the background. No Vandellas. Martha said one reason she loves the song is because it was kind of like a jazzy solo for her.

I agree soulwally. I never really thought Martha [[or any of the Vandellas for that matter) had much stage presence and often came off stiff. Here though, Martha has got it and is really feeling the song!

I wonder if anyone else in the UK remembers seeing Martha, Roz and Betty, while on a promo trip here in 1966, lip-synching to 'My Baby Loves Me', when appearing on the ITV/Associated- Rediffusion Television show 'Five O'Clock Club'?

'My Baby Loves Me' was released in the UK in February 1966. The programme was either recorded, or broadcast on April 15th 1966. Roy Orbison also appeared.

I remember thinking how good M&TV looked, and seem to feel their stage costumes were different from those worn in the above clip.

I've never seen a clip of their appearance since that time, and the information available suggests that the footage [[among many, if not all of the 'Five O'Clock Club' programmes) is currently regarded as 'lost'.
    Last edited by westgrandboulevard; 10-30-2017 at 09:29 AM.

@lockhartgary Hi so do I but when I buy the screeners there are actually big time codes going through them [[company has to protect it's material in some way). I enjoy sharing footage and never charge but friends got back to me to say put a larger logo on them as sadly there are others that are downloading clips and then selling on to the public, one even gets 2 holidays to the USA a year out of what he makes...not really fair is it when they themselves haven't contributed in any way? I can get them from the company without time codes but it comes with a price tag out of my reach if I wanted them all? anywhere between 2000-5000 each...maybe one day I might get lucky with a large win on the lotto lol.

‘Bless You’ for sharing!