[REMOVE ADS]

Mary Wilson and Others Raise Over $ 1 Million Last Night for Dimock Center!

Mary Wilson brings the party onstage at Dimock Center gala
    Mary Wilson of the Supremes brought some of her audience onstage during her performance at the Dimock Center’s 30th Anniversary Steppin’ Out Gala. The night, hosted by WCVB’s Karen Holmes Ward, drew more than 1,000 guests to the Sheraton Boston, and raised more than $1 million. The lineup also featured Kool & the Gang and Biz Markie. The Dimock Center provides health and mental health services and support for people from Roxbury and surrounding neighborhoods.

https://www.bostonglobe.com/lifestyl...fFP/story.html

Very much in demand and doing right with her celebrity.

Quote Originally Posted by detmotownguy View Post
    Very much in demand and doing right with her celebrity.
    Mary takes her role as a humanitarian very seriously and it shows in the work that she's done and is still doing. I am very proud of her.

Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    Mary takes her role as a humanitarian very seriously and it shows in the work that she's done and is still doing. I am very proud of her.
    Known far and wide. Her name was mentioned At a recent TemptAtions concert and the audience erupted in applause.

Known far and wide. Her name was mentioned At a recent TemptAtions concert and the audience erupted in applause.
    She has been a Worldwide star for just short of 6 decades and one of the very, very few that is still on top of her game! Amazing is probably the best word to describe Mary.

Nice, but I wonder why she's never bothered to raise money for Cindy Birdsong?

Quote Originally Posted by PeaceNHarmony View Post
    And its comments like this is why silly arguments never end. There is always someone that wants to start something. Let me ask how do you know for a fact that Mary never raised money for Cindy. Or maybe Mary had been helping cindy out for years and you just never knew.

Quote Originally Posted by blackguy69 View Post
    And its comments like this is why silly arguments never end. There is always someone that wants to start something. Let me ask how do you know for a fact that Mary never raised money for Cindy. Or maybe Mary had been helping cindy out for years and you just never knew.

Mary Wilson and her former husband Pedro Ferrer both have contributed to Cindy Birdsong through HAL [[Heroes and Legends) run by Janie Bradford. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    Mary Wilson and her former husband Pedro Ferrer both have contributed to Cindy Birdsong through HAL [[Heroes and Legends) run by Janie Bradford. Thank you.
    . Hey Marv and thanks for the information. We just never know who does what behind the scenes. Does it not cross anyone’s mind that she might not want a “public fundraiser”?

. Hey Marv and thanks for the information. We just never know who does what behind the scenes. Does it not cross anyone’s mind that she might not want a “public fundraiser”?
    It's just an attempt to turn great, heartwarming news into something sour. It's ridiculous.

Mary’s work for humph dumpty and other organizations in her heart are her charitable efforts. This was a paying gig like 99% of most fundraisers with music stars. Ditto most of the fund raisers Ross does. When Mary performs at the AIDS events in LA and SF, she donates her time and effort because she doesn’t have to travel much and bring her entourage. It’s expensive and charitable organizers always figure the cost of entertainment into their nut with events like this.

Cindy doesn’t need a fundraiser and Mary knows it. She would help out if Cindy needed it.

Quote Originally Posted by TheMotownManiac View Post
    Cindy doesn’t need a fundraiser and Mary knows it. She would help out if Cindy needed it.
    One hears differently. I would love to be wrong. Unless Diana's financial assistance is even greater than rumored, which could be true.

Quote Originally Posted by PeaceNHarmony View Post
    If you check the Forum Archives you will find a thread from 2013 entitled 'Update and Donations for the lovely Miss Birdsong'. It is stated in this thread that both Mary Wilson and Scherrie Payne were providing ongoing support for Cindy to provide a roof over her head and living supplies.

I can also recall reading somewhere that Cindy's family wished to maintain privacy regarding her ongoing health issues. I expect that both Mary and Scherrie continue to honour that request.

Correct. Someone very close to the situation told me that Cindy is ok financially. Diana just said at her Vegas show she doesn’t know where Cindy is.

Regarding no one in particular, I really wish everyone would leave Cindy out of this.

Some of these old hens just live for Supremes drama and most of its manufacturred or exaggeratted.

Quote Originally Posted by Roberta75 View Post
    Some of these old hens just live for Supremes drama and most of its manufacturred or exaggeratted.

Like. LIKE