[REMOVE ADS]

The Sylvers on CD

Dusty Groove has [[rather expensive) Japanese pressing CDs of the first three Sylvers lps. I don't seem to remember having seen these available before -

https://www.dustygroove.com/search.php?sf=sylvers

Quote Originally Posted by PeaceNHarmony View Post
    Dusty Groove has [[rather expensive) Japanese pressing CDs of the first three Sylvers lps. I don't seem to remember having seen these available before -

https://www.dustygroove.com/search.php?sf=sylvers
    I think i'll wait for another company to work out a licence agreement for these.Given how rare and high in demand they are Ultra Vybe wants to capitalize the best they can.Price and audio sources are both an issue for me.I bought both Flaming Ember albums from their Invictus & Hot Wax series and was very unhappy with the sound quality.I don't think that they actually used the "Stereo Masters", but tried to remaster the sound of vinyl copies.I don't know why they do that, but if you're an audiophile or serious about the warmth of analog tapes you can usually tell.I'll pass.

I'm a little skeptical about the audio sources for these Ultra Vybe reissues. I'll be passing on these for now until I get updates on the sound quality. The packaging for these reissues look promising [[clear album cover scans). I did my own clean needle drops from the first three albums and I'm fine with those.
    Last edited by brandosoul; 10-25-2017 at 11:08 AM.

Packaging for The Sylvers [[1972):

Packaging for The Sylvers II [[1973):

Packaging for The Sylvers II [[1974):

I see that they are already sold out on the Dusty Grooves site but will try to hunt these cds down

Along with the undisputed truth motown catalogue, the three Sylvers pride/mgm albums on CD have been on my wishlist for ages.... but from reading this thread i dont think i should get too excited yet

Has anyone brought any of these yet?

I still haven't purchased these yet and won't be in a rush until I'm fully informed with the specifics.I reached out to a couple companies to see if they'd look into licencing these for future release and the news wasn't good. Given the fact that existing Sylvers reissues only sold/sell modestly there doesn't seem to be enough demand to warrant a request for these.The Sylvers as great as they were only have a cult following and the investment wouldn't make sense to them.These current reissues are only a limited run and won't be in print very long,so it's probably best to take a shot if your finances will allow you to.Just an F.Y.I.

Theres a Sylvers appreciation page on Facebook and one guy has these three CDs and says they've done a good job with the remastering. I managed to track these on Amazon UK for just under £16 each delivered. I should have them in a week.