[REMOVE ADS]

Supremes Canadian CD

Does anyone know where or how to get this CD that seems to be available only in Canada from their Walmart chain which will not mail it to the United States?

I have been watching eBay thinking it might appear there, but no dice.

Of course, I know that we have all of the tracks, but completists wants differing CDs, too! :-). Thanks in advance!!!!

Name:  IMG_3282.jpg
Views: 927
Size:  78.0 KB

Carlo, Markdesjardin and a few other Canadian members here may be able to help you.

Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    Carlo, Markdesjardin and a few other Canadian members here may be able to help you.
    It's puzzling that none of our many "regular" online CD vendors are selling this. I thought that maybe some SDF member may have seen it on a commercial site.

Quote Originally Posted by longtimefan View Post
    It's puzzling that none of our many "regular" online CD vendors are selling this. I thought that maybe some SDF member may have seen it on a commercial site.
    Longtimefan, growing up not far from the Canadian border I would often come across Canadian pressing of Motown recordings and others. After I was grown, I would rummage through stores in Toronto in Montreal neighborhood stores and buy up records that I had never seen in the States and bring them home.

Longtimefan, growing up not far from the Canadian border I would often come across Canadian pressing of Motown recordings and others. After I was grown, I would rummage through stores in Toronto in Montreal neighborhood stores and buy up records that I had never seen in the States and bring them home.
    Yes, there must be some odd arrangement with Canada, but I still cannot imagine why no online vendor has this current CD [[above).

Anyway, here is one by The Former Ladies of The Supremes that I bought in Toronto 20+ years ago, never seeing it anywhere else since then. :-)

Name:  IMG_2977.jpg
Views: 714
Size:  87.0 KB

The CD cost $5.00 but various fees [[it's not in the local store, but has to be shipped) amount to $13 and change. I looked at this before and was pissed off at paying over $18.00 for something that cost $5.00. What a rip off.
    Lorne

Quote Originally Posted by drlorne View Post
    The CD cost $5.00 but various fees [[it's not in the local store, but has to be shipped) amount to $13 and change. I looked at this before and was pissed off at paying over $18.00 for something that cost $5.00. What a rip off.
    Lorne
    Was this shipping to a Canadian address?

Are you sure the "The Supremes Classic Years" is not actually the FLOS also?

Are you sure the "The Supremes Classic Years" is not actually the FLOS also?
    Good question, but here is the track listing. Also, I meant to note that this CD has been out since December 2016, thus triggering my curiosity that it has not appeared on eBay or any commercial site that I have found.

TRACK LISTING. Baby Love, Come See About Me, Standing At The Crossroads Of Love, Where Did Our Love Go, Ask Any Girl, He Means The World To Me, Run Run Run, Long Gone Lover, A Breath Taking Guy, When The Love Light Starts Shinning Through His Eyes, Your Kiss Of Fire.

Good question, but here is the track listing. Also, I meant to note that this CD has been out since December 2016, thus triggering my curiosity that it has not appeared on eBay or any commercial site that I have found.

TRACK LISTING. Baby Love, Come See About Me, Standing At The Crossroads Of Love, Where Did Our Love Go, Ask Any Girl, He Means The World To Me, Run Run Run, Long Gone Lover, A Breath Taking Guy, When The Love Light Starts Shinning Through His Eyes, Your Kiss Of Fire.
    Ok the track listing leads me to believe that it is the Original Supremes. It sounds like a re-issue of the "Where Did Our Love Go?" album. Why the name change for this particular CD is a mystery to me as the original album was distributed throughout Canada.

Yes, there must be some odd arrangement with Canada, but I still cannot imagine why no online vendor has this current CD [[above).

Anyway, here is one by The Former Ladies of The Supremes that I bought in Toronto 20+ years ago, never seeing it anywhere else since then. :-)

Name:  IMG_2977.jpg
Views: 714
Size:  87.0 KB
    This CD was available in the US for a few years, usually at remainder stores or on the cheap cd racks at drug stores. A lot of mislabeled FLO recordings hit the stores around the same time. There is a famous one that includes a picture disc of Mary, Florence & Diana but is all FLO's.

Quote Originally Posted by thommg View Post
    This CD was available in the US for a few years, usually at remainder stores or on the cheap cd racks at drug stores. A lot of mislabeled FLO recordings hit the stores around the same time. There is a famous one that includes a picture disc of Mary, Florence & Diana but is all FLO's.
    Right, thommg! There were many. I never saw the "rose" one here, however. But the classic CD was one with the FLOS music that had a picture on the front of just Mary and Florence titled "The Supremes." Hmmm. LOL

Right, thommg! There were many. I never saw the "rose" one here, however. But the classic CD was one with the FLOS music that had a picture on the front of just Mary and Florence titled "The Supremes." Hmmm. LOL
    I bought the Rose one when I saw it. It had songs I was unfamiliar with which turned out to be Motorcity recordings. This is the infamous picture disc.
    Name:  supremes.jpg
Views: 556
Size:  50.2 KB

There's another FLOs cd that has a nice photo of Jean, Mary, and Cindy on the cover.

There was one with a cover that had the famous Greatest Hits painting on it except with the heads of Scherrie, Lynda and Sundray. LOL!!!

Private message me if you still needn’t help with this! Would be glad to help. I live in Canada.