What songs have you heard Motown artists do live [[either live audio or in person) that they never recorded [[as far as we know) that you wish there was a studio version counterpart?

I love the Temptations live version of "I Wish You Love" from the Temptations Live album in 1967. I love the song no matter who sings it [[Joe Bataan's version is my favorite) but it's especially thrilling to hear one of my favorite groups do it, and with Eddie, one of my favorite voices of all time, singing the lead.

Jean Terrell's live version of "He Aint Heavy, He's My Brother" is dope. She should've been given studio time to record her interpretation.

Why Motown didn't send Marvin into the studio to record "You Are My Sunshine" as he did on his first live album is a mystery.

The Supremes sang "Let There Be Love" so beautifully live that there really should have been a studio version.

Marvin Gaye, my favorite male singer period, sang one of my favorite songs of all time "Strangers In the Night" at the Copa in 1966. I would love to hear what kind of arrangement he would've worked with if he had recorded the song in the studio.

I love "Happy" by Michael Jackson and always thought that Diana Ross would have been great for the song too. Supposedly she did a live version during the recording of the Caesar's Palace live album in 74 that didn't make the cut and then she inserted it into a medley during a show in 1994, which was good. Even though I haven't heard the 1974 version I'm including it on my list because I'm going to take a gamble and say I'll love it, therefore I would like a studio version as well.