[REMOVE ADS]

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Got mine today just listening to "Another Lonely Night [Completes Another Empty Day]" probably my favourite track on first hearing.

I, too, agree that those who worked on this cd have given it the royal treatment and are to be commended.
    On the one hand, it is a shame that Marv Johnson was only given a chance to record 20 songs [[and 1 of them twice) in an 8 year period.
    The booklet essay mentions that 6 additional tracks were recorded for Marv post- February 1968 but never completed. What might those tracks be and were they ever completed and/or released by another artist/group?
    And Mr. Hughes, your admission of difficulty with numbers in the 'Dance With The Contours' threads is manifested here again. On pg 9, paragraph 4 of the booklet you state "and following 'I'll Pick A Rose For My Rose', completed in February 1968, work was started on another 12 new Marv Johnson tracks between then and the company's departure for Los Angeles in 1972, of which six were completed. Two of them have been issued on 'Cellarful Of Motown' compilations, and the remaining four are making their first appearance here.
    Shouldn't that be three? -'Farewell Is A Lonely Sound', 'Another Lonely Night [[Completes Another Empty Day)' and 'Just Look Through Your Window At The World'.
    Were there plans to include both versions of the last title when the essay was being written? Or were you possibly counting 'So Glad You Chose Me' for which Marv's participation fits into the suggested timeframe, but which is not in its first appearance here? Or even 'She's All I Need [[In This World)' from Cellarful 4?

Wayne

That Contours is a fabulous set.....get playing last track first and work back. That might work better!

Well, having earlier said this was the one I was REALLY looking forward too, I feel it is only right to say 'Thanks very much' to all involved with this terrific project. Well worth the wait - and well worth the investment. This is one collection I never dreamed would actually come to fruition, but it has. Proves dreams can come true!!