[REMOVE ADS]

Dianas Promise Me You'll Try & Free [[I'm Gone) writters and producers?

Hi everyone,

does anyone know who wrote and produced the japanese exclusive tracks:
    - Promise Me You'll Try
    and
    - Free [[I'm Gone)

THANKS
    Ben

Promise Me You'll Try was penned by Peter Zizzo.

FREE [[I'M GONE)

Songwriter:
    Raymond Douglas Davies

Published By:
    Warner/Chappell Music, Inc., Universal Music Publishing Group
    Last edited by longtimefan; 09-26-2017 at 05:05 PM.

PROMISE ME YOU'LL TRY

Songwriter:
    Peter Zizzo

Published By:
    Kobalt Music Publishing Ltd., BMG RIGHTS MANAGEMENT US, LLC

PROMISE ME YOU'LL TRY was produced by Rick Wake.

Diana laid down these tracks along with a couple of others as the start of a proposed new album. but it failed to materialse. Three of the new songs ended up on the UK compilation "voice of love" whilst a handful ended up on the "gift of love" Japanese mini album.

Name:  IMG_3210.JPG
Views: 566
Size:  79.9 KB

Japanese CD that includes "Promise Me You'll Try"

-----

"Free [[I'm Gone)" is on the Japanese "Every Day Is a New Day" CD.
    Last edited by longtimefan; 09-27-2017 at 03:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by longtimefan View Post
    Name:  IMG_3210.JPG
Views: 566
Size:  79.9 KB

Japanese CD that includes "Promise Me You'll Try"

-----

"Free [[I'm Gone)" is on the Japanese "Every Day Is a New Day" CD.
    free [[i'm gone) was indeed recorded during the EDIAND sessions. Voice of love, promise me you'll try, you are not alone, That's why i call you my friend, When you dream and In the ones you love were recorded a few years earlier for the proposed Voice of Love album which was never completed.

Thank you so much for your informations!!!!

By the way: are there any new infos about the "Deluxe" editions that should come in November. Or was it just a rumor???

Quote Originally Posted by mrbfly View Post

By the way: are there any new infos about the "Deluxe" editions that should come in November. Or was it just a rumor???
    What "deluxe" editions are you referring to? ...artists???? Thanks.
    Last edited by longtimefan; 10-04-2017 at 01:32 AM.

Here is THE VOICE OF LOVE CD that was released.

Name:  IMG_2936.jpg
Views: 352
Size:  53.2 KB

Name:  IMG_2935.jpg
Views: 334
Size:  44.7 KB

Quote Originally Posted by mrbfly View Post

They are still in the works i believe mrbfly, but i think they have encountered a few clearance issues which should be resolved. Expect them in 2018.

Quote Originally Posted by longtimefan View Post
    What "deluxe" editions are you referring to? ...artists???? Thanks.
    Diana's four Motown albums released during her 2nd stint.
    Workin overtime, Force behind the power, take me higher and Everyday is a new day.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebrock View Post
    Diana's four Motown albums released during her 2nd stint.
    Workin overtime, Force behind the power, take me higher and Everyday is a new day.
    All worthy lps and I look forward to expanded editions.

Quote Originally Posted by PeaceNHarmony View Post
    All worthy lps and I look forward to expanded editions.
    Not sure i agree regarding "workin overtime" but it does appear to have it's admirers so i guess it is entited to an expanded edition.

Not sure i agree regarding "workin overtime" but it does appear to have it's admirers so i guess it is entited to an expanded edition.
    Ha! I was waiting for that! I do find it energetic and catchy; not a career best but [[for me!) at least 'worthy'!

Ha! I was waiting for that! I do find it energetic and catchy; not a career best but [[for me!) at least 'worthy'!
    For me it was an experiment that did not work. Others may disagree and i respect that but i just find the whole thing an uncomfortable listening experience. Perhaps as you say it is "worthy" and it would be rather silly to leave it out of the reissue programme.

I can honestly say I've had the Workin Overtime CD on my CD shelf since it's first release - and I STILL haven't listened to the whole album.

There's nothing that would get me to buy an expanded version.

Quote Originally Posted by lakedistrictlad1 View Post
    I can honestly say I've had the Workin Overtime CD on my CD shelf since it's first release - and I STILL haven't listened to the whole album.

I hate to say but I agree with you. I just can't get through the entire cd without changing to some other music. I would not buy an expanded edition of it. I hope that is not the first one released as I fear it will be the least popular expanded edition and might not sell very well at all.

For me it was an experiment that did not work. Others may disagree and i respect that but i just find the whole thing an uncomfortable listening experience. Perhaps as you say it is "worthy" and it would be rather silly to leave it out of the reissue programme.
    "Experiment that did not work" is fair enough. My usage of the appellation 'worthy' is based upon the fact that the disc is, indeed, experimental, is performed by one of the most beloved and successful performers in the history of recorded music, produced by top-shelf producers, and issued on an iconic label. Additionally it was a disc that was made with thought and planning as opposed to a churned-out product. Now I don't say this to malign your thoughts, but your post brings up 2 interesting points of discussion: firstly, an obstacle faced by reissue producers is the 'damned if 'ya do/damned if 'ya don't', as we have seen recently with the expanded Supremes Christmas set. No matter how well produced, how beautifully packaged, etc, there will always be those who turn up their noses at a reissue! Secondly, the simpler point: anyone who does not want the item is [[of course!) free to ignore it and move on. So let's be glad that there are companies interested in putting these releases out for those who care to purchase them!

I would buy all 4 in a heartbeat. Love all including WO.

Quote Originally Posted by lakedistrictlad1 View Post

I appreciate your honesty lakedistrictlad1 and i know exactly where you are coming from, but as you can see from other members it is not without it's admirers and we must respect that.

"Experiment that did not work" is fair enough. My usage of the appellation 'worthy' is based upon the fact that the disc is, indeed, experimental, is performed by one of the most beloved and successful performers in the history of recorded music, produced by top-shelf producers, and issued on an iconic label. Additionally it was a disc that was made with thought and planning as opposed to a churned-out product. Now I don't say this to malign your thoughts, but your post brings up 2 interesting points of discussion: firstly, an obstacle faced by reissue producers is the 'damned if 'ya do/damned if 'ya don't', as we have seen recently with the expanded Supremes Christmas set. No matter how well produced, how beautifully packaged, etc, there will always be those who turn up their noses at a reissue! Secondly, the simpler point: anyone who does not want the item is [[of course!) free to ignore it and move on. So let's be glad that there are companies interested in putting these releases out for those who care to purchase them!
    You are so right peacenharmony. We are indeed very fortunate, and there are some real gems to come in the future. Look out for a fab Phyllis Hyman compilation containing a lot of the ladies collabarations with jazz artists that have been collected together for the first time.It is just one of many releases to look forward to later this year and in 2018.

Quote Originally Posted by thommg View Post
    I hate to say but I agree with you. I just can't get through the entire cd without changing to some other music. I would not buy an expanded edition of it. I hope that is not the first one released as I fear it will be the least popular expanded edition and might not sell very well at all.
    I think they are all scheduled to be released at the same time so there is no danger of one bad apple spoiling the whole branch!

I think they are all scheduled to be released at the same time so there is no danger of one bad apple spoiling the whole branch!
    Funky Town Grooves did that with her RCA albums. I thought they did a pretty good job with those - to my ear, the sound was much better than the original cd releases. I look forward to the other Back-To-Motown releases.

You are so right peacenharmony. We are indeed very fortunate, and there are some real gems to come in the future. Look out for a fab Phyllis Hyman compilation containing a lot of the ladies collabarations with jazz artists that have been collected together for the first time.It is just one of many releases to look forward to later this year and in 2018.
    Well said; I've been quite happy with the various reissues of my favorites but they do tend to be a bit slow in coming! One bucket-list wish is the Love Unlimited 'From A Girl's Point Of View' in it's glorious fold-out sleeve, and the remaining Dells Cadet lps. Always something to look forward to!

I wonder if it is possible to dig around and do an expanded Blue album?

free [[i'm gone) was indeed recorded during the EDIAND sessions. Voice of love, promise me you'll try, you are not alone, That's why i call you my friend, When you dream and In the ones you love were recorded a few years earlier for the proposed Voice of Love album which was never completed.
    Blue rock, when was the voice of love project planned for which year ?

Quote Originally Posted by greg jones View Post
    Blue rock, when was the voice of love project planned for which year ?
    From what i can recall Greg i think it was planned as a 1996 Autumn release.

Quote Originally Posted by jobeterob View Post
    I wonder if it is possible to dig around and do an expanded Blue album?
    Hmmm ... well there was a legendary midnight appearance at Radio City in conjunction with LSTB so there may be recordings of that performance. But as Blue was somewhat culled from LSTB I wonder if there is more-more? Would be nice -