[REMOVE ADS]

Boyz II Men New Album "Under The Streetlight"

Former Motown superstars Boyz II Men will be releasing a new album entitled "Under The Streetlight" on October 20th that will feature their remakes of such doo-wop classics as:

Name:  Boyz II Men Under the Streetlight.jpg
Views: 495
Size:  11.9 KB

1. Why Do Fools Fall In Love
    2. A Thousand Miles Away [[featuring Take 6)
    3. Stay
    4. I Only Have Eyes For You
    5. Up On The Roof
    6. I'll Come Running Back To You [[featuring Brian McKnight)
    7. Tears On My Pillow [[featuring Brian McKnight)
    8. A Sunday Kind Of Love [[featuring Brian McKnight)
    9. Any One Who Knows What Love Is [[featuring Amber Riley)
    10. Ladies Man

I was interested until I saw Brian McKnight. I still may get it though. I was never a Boyz II Men fan, though I liked a couple of cuts, but I am a fan of doo wop and I think the group would do these songs justice. Brian McKnight just irks the hell out of me. He can sing his ass off, but he irks the hell out of me. Take 6 is fantastic too.

Quote Originally Posted by RanRan79 View Post
    I was interested until I saw Brian McKnight. I still may get it though. I was never a Boyz II Men fan, though I liked a couple of cuts, but I am a fan of doo wop and I think the group would do these songs justice. Brian McKnight just irks the hell out of me. He can sing his ass off, but he irks the hell out of me. Take 6 is fantastic too.
    Dude, I thought I was the only one who felt that way about Brian McKnight! He just rubs me the wrong way for some reason as well. Very talented, but not my cup of tea whatsoever.

Well, kudos to Boyz II Men's new release. I wish them well.

Quote Originally Posted by sansradio View Post
    Dude, I thought I was the only one who felt that way about Brian McKnight! He just rubs me the wrong way for some reason as well. Very talented, but not my cup of tea whatsoever.

Well, kudos to Boyz II Men's new release. I wish them well.
    Nope, you're not the only one. I know some other people who feel like I do too. And then when he decided to get into lyrical content that was beneath his vocal skills [["let me show you how your p**sy works") and should have been unnecessary for a man of his age, I was completely done. As far as I'm concerned he can't come back from that. Lol

Reminiscent of when New Edition did their "Under the Blue Moon" CD. I thought it was good, and it featured Little Anthony.

I also like doo wop music; as a matter of fact, I cut my teeth on it.

It's been eons since I listened to NE's Blue Moon album. Back in the day I didn't think they could do anything wrong. Lol

Yes, doo wop has some of the all time greatest music. I'm a huge fan of group harmony so doo wop has always been right up my alley.
    Last edited by RanRan79; 09-26-2017 at 10:51 AM. Reason: Added "do".

Why Do Fools Fall In Love?

Ladies Man

Nope, you're not the only one. I know some other people who feel like I do too. And then when he decided to get into lyrical content that was beneath his vocal skills [["let me show you how your p**sy works") and should have been unnecessary for a man of his age, I was completely done. As far as I'm concerned he can't come back from that. Lol
    I have a handful of Brian Mcknight cd's and i always thought he was pretty good without being anything special. I must have given up on him when he resorted to such crass lyrics. As regards boyz 2 men i thought they were by far the pick of the vocal groups of the 90's. I also love doo wop so i guess i am interested in this album, but why only 10 tracks? It is likely to be a very short album unless they extend the time length of the original songs.

Luciano thanks for posting the two videos. Sadly, I am unimpressed. I don't know if I just flat out don't like the song "Why Do Fools Fall In Love" or if that horrible version by Diana Ross keeps interfering with my ability to like any other version, including the original. But BIIM's version sounds like Karaoke. I would not pay for that. "Ladies Man" is better but still comes across to me like five steps better quality than an Ian Levine production. I was hoping the group would go in a more traditional direction with the songs. Looks like I'll pass this one by.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebrock View Post
    As regards boyz 2 men i thought they were by far the pick of the vocal groups of the 90's.
    They couldn't be beat with harmony. I can't remember any of their male peers whose harmonies were as tight. But i was a teenager at the time and there were other groups that overall were more my style: Silk, 112, Dru Hill, and of course my absolute favorites Jodeci. BIIM was a little on the corny side for my tastes.

I think the songs sound o.k., but not something I'd purchase. At least Jimmy Merchant, the last original member of the Teenagers, makes a guest appearance.

Quote Originally Posted by Luciano View Post
    Former Motown superstars Boyz II Men will be releasing a new album entitled "Under The Streetlight" on October 20th that will feature their remakes of such doo-wop classics as:

Name:  Boyz II Men Under the Streetlight.jpg
Views: 495
Size:  11.9 KB

1. Why Do Fools Fall In Love
    2. A Thousand Miles Away [[featuring Take 6)
    3. Stay
    4. I Only Have Eyes For You
    5. Up On The Roof
    6. I'll Come Running Back To You [[featuring Brian McKnight)
    7. Tears On My Pillow [[featuring Brian McKnight)
    8. A Sunday Kind Of Love [[featuring Brian McKnight)
    9. Any One Who Knows What Love Is [[featuring Amber Riley)
    10. Ladies Man
    They picked some good ones to remake, now let's see what they can do with them. I'm sure they will sound great.

Quote Originally Posted by Luciano View Post
    Why Do Fools Fall In Love?
    This would have been much better had he not tried to sound like Frankie. Frankie was a kid with a kid's voice when he recorded this song. Almost all of the girl group singers of sixties tried to sound like Frankie Lymon and all of them will tell you that he was an influence on them. I will wait for "Tears on My Pillow" and others before making my final call. LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by lockhartgary View Post
    I think the songs sound o.k., but not something I'd purchase. At least Jimmy Merchant, the last original member of the Teenagers, makes a guest appearance.
    Was that Jimmy on the beginning of Why Do Fools Fall in Love? I know he did the original.

Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    Was that Jimmy on the beginning of Why Do Fools Fall in Love? I know he did the original.
    Good question, for which I haven't an answer.

Quote Originally Posted by lockhartgary View Post
    Good question, for which I haven't an answer.
    I know that the bass singer for BoyzIIMen left the group long ago.

Luciano thanks for posting the two videos. Sadly, I am unimpressed. I don't know if I just flat out don't like the song "Why Do Fools Fall In Love" or if that horrible version by Diana Ross keeps interfering with my ability to like any other version, including the original. But BIIM's version sounds like Karaoke. I would not pay for that. "Ladies Man" is better but still comes across to me like five steps better quality than an Ian Levine production. I was hoping the group would go in a more traditional direction with the songs. Looks like I'll pass this one by.
    You're welcome! I love the original "WDFFIL", I agree with you on the songs that the guys did.

Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    This would have been much better had he not tried to sound like Frankie. Frankie was a kid with a kid's voice when he recorded this song. Almost all of the girl group singers of sixties tried to sound like Frankie Lymon and all of them will tell you that he was an influence on them. I will wait for "Tears on My Pillow" and others before making my final call. LOL!
    Marv, I agree with what you wrote which is why I don't think I care for it. Maybe had they had Wayne sing in his natural voice it might have been better.