[REMOVE ADS]

Started by Cornelius Grant; donated to by Claudette Robinson

His family and friends don't have $3,000? Good Lord !

Quote Originally Posted by Circa 1824 View Post
    His family and friends don't have $3,000? Good Lord !
    I think only 13 people on Facebook donated and there seems little interest???

Quote Originally Posted by jobeterob View Post
    I think only 13 people on Facebook donated and there seems little interest???
    If it's 3 grand I'm a bit annoyed that the Motown family can't handle this within their ranks. I would think the Jacksons would jump at the chance to donate that and more considering the role Bobby played in their story. I'm a bit pissed about this.

Quote Originally Posted by RanRan79 View Post
    If it's 3 grand I'm a bit annoyed that the Motown family can't handle this within their ranks. I would think the Jacksons would jump at the chance to donate that and more considering the role Bobby played in their story. I'm a bit pissed about this.
    Very true RanRan. Hopefully they will. Bobby deserves it

Thank you Jobetrob. I think Roberta75 started a thread on this topic a few days ago but it got hijacked by the usual suspects. Thanks for posting this. It saddens me greatly to see artists who contributed to this country's golden age of music end up so destitute.

Didn't see previous thread

It goes to show what people are earning from writing and CDs

You need to perform these days to make a living

It is very strange how little action there is on this

I think that there are too many demands on ordinary people these days. I am now a UK pensioner so don't have the spare cash that I used to. I support 3 charities and that's enough. People have to be more self sufficient and in this case I would have thought that Gordy, the Jackson's etc would have given support if required.

If I read it right, this money is solely about putting together a memorial for his friends and colleagues, and possibly fans where they can get together and talk about their memories, which I think is an excellent idea. But I don't think this can in any way suggest that Bobby didn't have money when he passed. I also didn't see anything about his family being involved. This looks like an outside the family project. I just think this should never have gotten to the public. The Motown inner circle could definitely pitch in and handle this. Folks like Gordy, Jacksons, Ross, Smokey, Stevie could cover the costs with one check themselves.

Donations For BOBBY TAYLOR MEMORIAL

Tweet
    189 shares

Bobby Taylor is a man who should be celebrated. Not just because he changed the direction of Music history, but also because he brought so much joy, craziness and sweet music into the lives of everybody who ever met him.
    So we have started this GoFundMe account to celebrate BOBBY who left us in July.
    We're calling this event:
    THE WAY WE WERE
    CELEBRATION OF LIFE
    DATE: September 25, 2017
    TIME: 7pm - 12am
    PLACE: Suede Bar & Lounge [[Located in the acclaimed BONAVENTURE HOTEL)
    Los Angeles, CA 90074
    http://www.suedeultralounge.com
    We want to tell the stories of times we shared with him, how hard he made us laugh and what listening to him sing meant to us.
    We will tell our Bobby stories, so you know there will be some tears, but laughter and
    more laughter. He was BOBBY TAYLOR and the VANCOUVERS, he was the man who kept a lion in his apartment in Detroit, he's the guy who brought those little Jackson kids from Indiana to Motown.
    Your contribution to the GoFundMe account that has been set up will help to bring this celebration together and be a time to remember. Please support this celebratory occasion to memorialize our friend whose persona was bigger than life itself.
    Expected guests include many of Motown's finest including the VANCOUVERS very own TOMMY CHONG.

Up to $660

I called Suede Bar on Monday to ask if the event was still happening but nobody call me back so i dont know if it happened or not i was planning on going after work.

Roberta

All quite strange; I see David Nathan also donated, I think twice.