[REMOVE ADS]

Gladys Knight on the Harry Connick Jr. Show

I just saw Gladys on the Harry Connick Jr Show. She sang a combination of the Gap Band's "Party Train" and "Friendship Train". She sounded and looked great!

Thanks Marv! Awesome she hasn't done that one in a while. Did she do a duet with Harry?

Quote Originally Posted by Luciano View Post
    Thanks Marv! Awesome she hasn't done that one in a while. Did she do a duet with Harry?
    Luciano, no she did not sing with Harry. Gladys is a wonder. She looked at least 25 years younger than her age and voice is probably better than it was 40 years ago. I hope I can find a clip of this mornings performance to post here.

Got it! Here we go....check it out!

Amazing to think that she is performing at such a level. Her pipes are some of the best ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Levi Stubbs Tears View Post
    Amazing to think that she is performing at such a level. Her pipes are some of the best ever.
    It's like her voice has not aged in now over 55 years! Whew! She is something else.

IMO the best preserved and strongest voice of the Motown alums on earth! The local radio station still plays "Friendship Train" for me on a regular basis...funny how so many Motown song's lyrics are so pertinent to the world situation today. "Ball of Confusion" is another that runs through my head as I read the news daily.
    Darin

Quote Originally Posted by DWSheffer View Post
    IMO the best preserved and strongest voice of the Motown alums on earth! The local radio station still plays "Friendship Train" for me on a regular basis...funny how so many Motown song's lyrics are so pertinent to the world situation today. "Ball of Confusion" is another that runs through my head as I read the news daily.
    Darin
    You are so right. Those you cited along with "Stoned Love" are very timely at this moment.

Less frantic than the original version but really nice. As for Gladys she looks amazing and sounds like she did 50 years ago!