[REMOVE ADS]

Siedah Garrett -- Unreleased Solo Motown Track ?

In 1985 the BBC put out an album [[for internal BBC radio use only) on their Radioplay Music label titled RULER OF THE HUNT.
    This featured tracks cut by Siedah Garrett [[Hungry For Love), Phyllis St James, Gwen Owens & others.
    The Phyllis St James tracks are from her Motown album 'Ain't No Turning Back', whilst the Gwen Owens date from her time [[mid 70's) with Ivey / Woodford at Motown South in Muscle Shoals.
    I guess Siedah Garrett's "Hungry For Love" is an unreleased Motown solo effort dating from around 83/84.
    Anyone here confirm this ??
    Attachment 13452
    Last edited by jsmith; 09-12-2017 at 05:08 AM.

Some other BBC Radioplay Motown related LP's ...
    Attachment 13453

Ooh, interesting...! So Siedah was actually signed to Motown? I'd love to hear the track too. Have you heard it jsmith?

Siedah should have been a big solo star. She had a great voice, great songwriter, gorgeous. She could've appealed to a wide range audience.

Yes, Siedah was signed to Motown and had a duet with Dennis Edwards out in 84. She also cut a full solo album that remained in the vaults [[the track HUNGRY FOR LOVE was supposed to be from that album).

Attachment 13459

Quote Originally Posted by jsmith View Post
    Yes, Siedah was signed to Motown and had a duet with Dennis Edwards out in 84. She also cut a full solo album that remained in the vaults [[the track HUNGRY FOR LOVE was supposed to be from that album).

Attachment 13459
    Oh, NICE! A whole solo LP?!! Great!

I had always assumed her duet with Dennis was more of a 'featuring Siedah Garrett' thing than Siedah actually being a Motown artist in her own right.

You know... after they had a hit with "Dont Look Any Further" why didn't Motown release anything on Siedah...?

Siedah has achieved big success as a songwriter and as a duettist with Michael Jackson. She has been suffering with MS since 2011.

Quote Originally Posted by mysterysinger View Post
    Siedah has achieved big success as a songwriter and as a duettist with Michael Jackson. She has been suffering with MS since 2011.
    It saddens me to learn that she is ill. She's so very talented.

Sad to learn that she has MS. This track is a big fav of mine. The 12" version is even better.

The 12" version. Hope you like it.

I do like it, copley. Great song!

Quote Originally Posted by RanRan79 View Post
    Siedah should have been a big solo star. She had a great voice, great songwriter, gorgeous. She could've appealed to a wide range audience.
    I worked with her in the 90's when she briefly joined UK jazz funk group The Brand New Heavies.They had a sizeable hit called "sometimes" and she sang lead on an album with them. She was certainly talented but she hated touring and admitted she prefered working in the studio and being able to sleep in her own bed at night. I liked her but she did not have the work ethic to become a big star in her own right. I did not know she was ill. I wish her all the best and will try to make contact with her. Thank you for the update.

She is so talented and successful as a song writer she doesn't need to go out on the road. Not many are good enough to win a Grammy [["Love You I Do" from Dreamgirls).

Siedah appeared on Tavis Smiley a month or so ago, looking great. She talked about writing MAN IN THE MIRROR, and also performed her new release G.H.E.T.T.O.

Quote Originally Posted by jsmith View Post
    In 1985 the BBC put out an album [[for internal BBC radio use only) on their Radioplay Music label titled RULER OF THE HUNT.
    This featured tracks cut by Siedah Garrett [[Hungry For Love), Phyllis St James, Gwen Owens & others.
    The Phyllis St James tracks are from her Motown album 'Ain't No Turning Back', whilst the Gwen Owens date from her time [[mid 70's) with Ivey / Woodford at Motown South in Muscle Shoals.
    I guess Siedah Garrett's "Hungry For Love" is an unreleased Motown solo effort dating from around 83/84.
    Anyone here confirm this ??
    Attachment 13452

Hi there!Is t
    his album for sale? I'd make a good offer for it!

Thank you! :-)
    best regards