[REMOVE ADS]

Lightbulb New Album - Tribute to Funk Brother Eddie Willis

I'm excited to finally announce this new upcoming live album, available for pre-order now!
    iTunes Store: http://ow.ly/1Yli30eYDYi
    Google Play: http://ow.ly/PEpD30eYDXe

As one of several guitarists for Motown's recording band The Funk Brothers, Eddie Willis has been a part of music's greatest hit machine, playing on more #1 hits than the Beatles, Beach Boys, Rolling Stones, and Elvis Presley combined! However, Eddie does not see royalties from these hits, and his wife was recently left mauled by a dog. Between Eddie's longstanding struggle with the effects of Polio and his wife's recent medical expenses, we are donating everything we make on this album [[after royalties paid to original songwriters / publishers) directly to Eddie and his wife to help with these challenges. Help us spread the word!

This incredible live album, recorded in Detroit in 2013, features legends including Dennis Coffey [[appearing courtesy of Resonance Records), Spyder Turner, Paul Riser, Ed Wolfrum, Carolyn Crawford, Ralphe Armstrong, members of the Funk Brothers' touring group including Delbert Nelson, Donna Curtin, Trenita Womack, Robert Jones, Brian Asselin, Kelly Craig, and Stephen Berndt, as well as Jack Johnson, Jent LaPalm, Emilio Tostado, Chris Ams, David Farrell Melton, Cynthia Davis, Steve Adams, Dan Tyrell, and myself.

The record includes electrifying renditions of hits that the Funk Brothers recorded including "Signed, Sealed, Delivered I'm Yours," "Ain't Too Proud To Beg," and more. Dennis Coffey and Ralphe Armstrong join forces for a monstrously funky rendition of the classic Coffey solo song "Scorpio," which originally featured many of the Funk Brothers on the recording. There is a section of the show dedicated to performing some of the more obscure Funk Brothers material released under Earl Van Dyke's name such as "All For You," "Soul Stomp," and "6 by 6," plus an incredible performance of the classic James Jamerson / Willis / Coffey / Sheely composition "Fever In The Funk House" featuring some great guitar work by Dennis Coffey himself! Motown legends Paul Riser and Ed Wolfrum join Eddie Willis onstage to discuss the legacy built by the Funks, and there are moments peppered throughout the show that breakdown how the Funk Brothers' unique playing helped shape R&B and pop music.

"Tribute To Funk Brother Eddie Willis," raising funds for Eddie and his wife, will be available digitally on Friday, September 22nd, but you can pre-order it now online!

Name:  Eddie Willis Album Artwork.jpg
Views: 1210
Size:  97.6 KB
    Last edited by drewschultz88; 09-07-2017 at 07:18 AM. Reason: added image

This sounds great! Thank you Drew.

Thanks Marv!
    Here is the tracklisting:

1 - Introduction
    2 - Get Ready [[feat. Delbert Nelson)
    3 - Heat Wave [[feat. Donna Curtin)
    4 - Signed, Sealed, Delivered I'm Yours [[feat. Carolyn Crawford & Treaty Womack)
    5 - Chris Ams Intro
    6 - What Becomes Of The Brokenhearted [[feat. Chris Ams)
    7 - Dancing In The Street [[feat. Donna Curtin & Steve Berndt)
    8 - Carolyn Crawford Speaks
    9 - Neither One Of Us [[Wants To Be The First To Say Goodbye) [feat. Carolyn Crawford]
    10 - Funk Families Intro
    11 - Ain't Too Proud To Beg [[feat. Ralphe Armstrong & Delbert Nelson)
    12 - Ralphe Armstrong Speaks
    13 - Dennis Coffey Speaks
    14 - Scorpio [[feat. Dennis Coffey & Ralphe Armstrong)
    15 - Just My Imagination [[Running Away With Me) [feat. Dennis Coffey, Steve Adams & Dan Tyrell]
    16 - Intro To Fever
    17 - Fever In The Funk House [[feat. Dennis Coffey)
    18 - Speeches [[feat. Eddie Willis, Paul Riser & Ed Wolfrum)
    19 - Spyder Turner Intro
    20 - Stand By Me [[feat. Spyder Turner)
    21 - Cynthia Davis Intro
    22 - Let's Get It On [[feat. Chris Ams & Cynthia Davis)
    23 - Soul Brothers Medley Intro
    24 - Soul Stomp [[feat. Jack Johnson)
    25 - Intro To All For You
    26 - All For You [[feat. David Farrell Melton)
    27 - 6 By 6 [[feat. Emilio Tostado)
    28 - I Was Made To Love Her [[feat. Jent LaPalm)
    29 - [[I Know) I'm Losing You [[feat. Delbert Nelson)
    30 - Ooo Baby Baby [[feat. Donna Curtin & Robert Jones)
    31 - Intro to Take It Slow
    32 - Take It Slow [[feat. Chris Ams & Brian Asselin)
    33 - Drew Schultz Intro
    34 - Shotgun [[feat. Kelly Craig, Brian Asselin & Steve Berndt)
    35 - Closing Remarks

Carolyn Crawford participated too? This is a monster collection!