[REMOVE ADS]

"Duke" Fakir of the Four Tops Interview on The Paul Leslie Hour

Excellent

Great to see Duke going strong, had a chance to meet him a few years ago on the malt shop cruise and asked him about any songs he sang lead on, as he sang lead on a few songs at the concert and sounded good, He said he never aspired to sing lead, just enjoyed being part of the group.
    Thanks for keeping the 4 Tops alive.

Great Interview

Quote Originally Posted by tmd View Post
    Great to see Duke going strong, had a chance to meet him a few years ago on the malt shop cruise and asked him about any songs he sang lead on, as he sang lead on a few songs at the concert and sounded good, He said he never aspired to sing lead, just enjoyed being part of the group.
    Thanks for keeping the 4 Tops alive.
    I hope Duke drops his book soon. He's been talking about it for years. I'm ready to see it as well as the movie he talked about.

Duke is our living history.

Thanks for that informative and enjoyable interview, Marv. I always love hearing the classic Motown artists reminisce about the glory days at Motown, and how it wasn't just a factory but a family inspiring each other to reach higher and higher for that golden ring at the top of the charts. I would still give my right arm for a chance to have been a part of the Motown family back then. Duke is a classic example why!