[REMOVE ADS]

Classic Motown Videos that should be released on DVD/Blu-ray

Classic Motown Videos that should be released on DVD/Blu-ray.

It's time to start a "drumbeat" to get Motown to release these titles on home video. My top picks-

1. TCB-Diana Ross & the Supremes & The Temptations
    2. Motown Revue Clips from the early/mid '60s.
    3. Definitive Performance DVD's for The Marvelettes, Martha & the Vandellas, The Contours, Stevie Wonder [[and others)
    Ready Steady Go-The Sounds of Motown

5. G.I.T.
    6. The Temptations Show
    7. The Smokey Robinson Show

1. The complete Belgium and France Four Tops concerts.
    2. Motown Returns to the Apollo.
    3.The 1985 Motown Revue show where the Four Tops did a medley.

Quote Originally Posted by biggestfourtops fan View Post
    1. The complete Belgium and France Four Tops concerts.
    2. Motown Returns to the Apollo.
    3.The 1985 Motown Revue show where the Four Tops did a medley.
    I have all of those. There are several more nice Four Tops concerts on video/DVD.

All great suggestions. Did the Marvelettes and the Contours do enough television to warrant dvds of television performances?

I would add The Supremes In the Orient, Diana Ross' 70s television specials and the 1981 television special, and the J5 Goin Back to Indiana special.

Wide World of Entertainment: The Supremes in Japan 1974

There was a proposed DVD release of Diana Ross at Royal Albert Hall several years ago and it never came to fruition due to the various clearances that could not be obtained. It would be great to see that one out on DVD, along with many of the others already listed.

Interesting that this topic should come up, just the other day I was wondering whether "Brothers and Sisters" the Save the Children Expo 72 had been released as a DVD. Googling, I found that 2 reference threads came up on SFD 1 in 2007, and again in 2012, which claimed that a release was imminent, but can find no further information.
    I have the VHS copy, but have not played it since the mid 80's, and no longer have the player. I only have vague memories of it, other than to say that Marvins performance was outstanding, and I was completely blown away by Jerry Butler, and Brenda Lee Eager,in which he affirmed his status as The Ice Man, so Cooool.

Name:  sca053.jpg
Views: 317
Size:  95.1 KB

Quote Originally Posted by RichyP View Post
    Interesting that this topic should come up, just the other day I was wondering whether "Brothers and Sisters" the Save the Children Expo 72 had been released as a DVD. Googling, I found that 2 reference threads came up on SFD 1 in 2007, and again in 2012, which claimed that a release was imminent, but can find no further information.
    I have the VHS copy, but have not played it since the mid 80's, and no longer have the player. I only have vague memories of it, other than to say that Marvins performance was outstanding, and I was completely blown away by Jerry Butler, and Brenda Lee Eager,in which he affirmed his status as The Ice Man, so Cooool.

Name:  sca053.jpg
Views: 317
Size:  95.1 KB
    Wow, I didn't even know that a VHS existed. I've been on the hunt for this on DVD for what seems like a lifetime. It's absolutely criminal that classic soul concert films like this one, Soul to Soul, and It's Your Thing seem to have been relegated to the dustbin of history.