[REMOVE ADS]

Picture on How Sweet It Is Cardboard Record - Marvin Gaye

A question on Marvin Gaye. In 1967 Topps Cardboard Records released How Sweet It Is by Marvin Gaye on one of their releases. He is superimposed on the record with a cowboy hat. Does anyone know of any official Motown release [[vs. Topps) with this cowboy hat on? Seems strange to only appear on this.

Thanks.

It's a nice picture :

My issue of Teen Life from Sept. of 1968 featuring the Motown Story shows Marvin on the cover with the hat on. It's an odd photo to me for some reason!
    Darin

Name:  Teen Life 68.jpg
Views: 216
Size:  39.2 KB

Quote Originally Posted by DWSheffer View Post
    My issue of Teen Life from Sept. of 1968 featuring the Motown Story shows Marvin on the cover with the hat on. It's an odd photo to me for some reason!
    Darin

Name:  Teen Life 68.jpg
Views: 216
Size:  39.2 KB
    Darin. Where did you find that or is it something you saved all of these years?

I just found it on Ebay Marv, a week or two ago.....It was the first time I had an opportunity to buy a copy. Hopefully a nicer one will show up but it's got some nice photos in it. The story shows the "new" Woodward office building, and highlights artists including Chris Clark. I was glad to add it to the collection.
    Darin

Quote Originally Posted by DWSheffer View Post
    I just found it on Ebay Marv, a week or two ago.....It was the first time I had an opportunity to buy a copy. Hopefully a nicer one will show up but it's got some nice photos in it. The story shows the "new" Woodward office building, and highlights artists including Chris Clark. I was glad to add it to the collection.
    Darin
    That is great. I'm happy to know some of these items were saved. Thanks.