[REMOVE ADS]

SMV Girl Groups Fan Club, Frances Baugh, President

In the 1990's and perhaps early 2000's, there was a group called the SMV Girl Groups Fan Club who was organized by Frances Baugh.

Does anyone know if the fan club ever issued any fan club bulletins? Frances was heavily involved in the Marvelettes legacy during this period. I have seen references to the fan club but never saw an opportunity to join it. Her name keeps popping up periodically. Does anyone know if she is still promoting it? She last lived in Brooklyn, NY [[garden spot of the world as Ralph Kramden said).

Thanks. Has anyone else heard about this club besides me?

Yes I belonged and received a number of fan club issues! Quite good

Smv fan club

Quote Originally Posted by luke View Post
    Yes I belonged and received a number of fan club issues! Quite good
    Yes i was t orgsnizer of t fan club it ran from 95 to 2005 i issued newsletter 3 to 4 times a yr. T last nesletter wad issued in t summer of 2005. Thanks f asking i ocassionally post on fb when anniversary of certain records come up

Quote Originally Posted by woodward View Post
    In the 1990's and perhaps early 2000's, there was a group called the SMV Girl Groups Fan Club who was organized by Frances Baugh.

Does anyone know if the fan club ever issued any fan club bulletins? Frances was heavily involved in the Marvelettes legacy during this period. I have seen references to the fan club but never saw an opportunity to join it. Her name keeps popping up periodically. Does anyone know if she is still promoting it? She last lived in Brooklyn, NY [[garden spot of the world as Ralph Kramden said).

Thanks. Has anyone else heard about this club besides me?
    The club was run by our Franjoy56! Fran is a member here.

Thanks marv. U got to get t see detroit. It features t likeness of martha and t vandellas r u going t her party

Quote Originally Posted by franjoy56 View Post
    Thanks marv. U got to get t see detroit. It features t likeness of martha and t vandellas r u going t her party
    You're most welcome Fran. I am definitely going to see it. My brother has seen it and gives it thumbs up. I can't wait!

Oh wow, that's really cool, fran. And you're a member here too! How great.

Quote Originally Posted by TomatoTom123 View Post
    Oh wow, that's really cool, fran. And you're a member here too! How great.
    so if i can share my memories. Of t club one of t thrills of course was meeting gladys horton in 1999. And meeting scherrie mary and lynda martha ros and annette betty k and lois and delphene. I met diana at t bklyn fox when i was kid snd got her autograph. Never met flo. But saw them at t copa in 66

Quote Originally Posted by franjoy56 View Post
    so if i can share my memories. Of t club one of t thrills of course was meeting gladys horton in 1999. And meeting scherrie mary and lynda martha ros and annette betty k and lois and delphene. I met diana at t bklyn fox when i was kid snd got her autograph. Never met flo. But saw them at t copa in 66
    Wow, that's so cool, fran. You are a true fangirl, lol