[REMOVE ADS]

Bob Brady and the Con Chords

I have not heard this since I was a little girl! My mother bought this record and little did I know it would be popular on the northern soul circuit. God Love my mom she has records nothern soul people would die for. Anyway I found him on youtube and wondered if the Brits had heard of him or people on this board. What freaks you out is that he sounds just like Smokey just like him and he is a white guy. He lives in Baltimore, MD an hour from me,

Stephanie

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=njlR1Yul-_k

The Northern soulies are certainly VERY familiar with him, Stephanie...I think EVERYTHING he's done is regarded highly by that crowd.

"More, More, More of Your Love" is probably his best-known record, having been issued on the Baltimore-based Chariot label initially [[c. 1966-67) and later issued on A&M a few years later. His second single, "Goodbye Baby", is the one that's hard to get...I'm surmising that the collapse of the label's initial distributor, Cameo-Parkway, may have something to do with that. Chariot switched distribution to Amy-Mala-Bell, and they issued several more great blue-eyed soul singles. I heard he later worked for the local branch of MCA Records for a few years.

Best,

Mark

It was "Everybodies Going To a Love-In" that was the group's big record in the UK in the 60's.
    It was released here, became a big mod / soul club play and sold very well [[but didn't make the pop charts).
    "More Love" only became known to UK 45 buyers [[via its US issue) in the 70's.
    Bob actually got to meet Smokey [[his singing hero) when the Miracles played a gig in Baltimore around 1969/70.