[REMOVE ADS]

Marvelette-less Marvelettes

Has anyone else seen this?

https://youtu.be/zYvahn1L8Qc

I suppose this must be advertising one of Larry Marshak's bogus but legal Marvelettes or something. By this time, I'm pretty certain only the most clueless consumer would believe otherwise, but, as P. T. Barnum said, there's one born every minute. Now, as to how they get away with playing actual Marvelettes recordings and using actual Marvelettes photos, I cannot imagine. Seems like grounds for a bait/switch lawsuit if anyone were to care to pursue one [[which wouldn't happen in a million years). Many who go to see oldies acts just want to hear the old songs, regardless of who is singing them. I do find it odd that this is a UK advert, since UK audiences are much more savvy about Hitsville acts than US audiences are

Quote Originally Posted by BigAl View Post
    I suppose this must be advertising one of Larry Marshak's bogus but legal Marvelettes or something. By this time, I'm pretty certain only the most clueless consumer would believe otherwise, but, as P. T. Barnum said, there's one born every minute. Now, as to how they get away with playing actual Marvelettes recordings and using actual Marvelettes photos, I cannot imagine. Seems like grounds for a bait/switch lawsuit if anyone were to care to pursue one [[which wouldn't happen in a million years). Many who go to see oldies acts just want to hear the old songs, regardless of who is singing them. I do find it odd that this is a UK advert, since UK audiences are much more savvy about Hitsville acts than US audiences are
    Kat and the Marvelettes own the name now and Larry Marshak is out of the picture last I heard. Kat has her own set of Marvelettes.

I think this is an advert for Kat's new group of Marvelettes. Funny how they didn't use a pic of the new group.

Quote Originally Posted by superlou View Post
    I think this is an advert for Kat's new group of Marvelettes. Funny how they didn't use a pic of the new group.
    Can I assume Kat's assemblage does not include her as a member? She's always said she has no intention of performing again. Still, this group, if it's hers, will at least be more "authentic" in a loose sense, since an original member has sanctioned it.

Quote Originally Posted by BigAl View Post
    Can I assume Kat's assemblage does not include her as a member? She's always said she has no intention of performing again. Still, this group, if it's hers, will at least be more "authentic" in a loose sense, since an original member has sanctioned it.
    Kat is not a member. But the Marvelettes' Facebook page ahs some photos of her with the new group.