[REMOVE ADS]

Bobby Taylor's Music........Let's Remember.

Bobby was really one of the greatest and very "unsung". Let's remember some of his great music starting with this one:

A true classic....."I Am Your Man":

Here Bobby does one of my favorites by Jerry Butler, written by Curtis Mayfield:

Bobby Taylor & the Vancouvers - how long as that evening train been gone written by Pam Sawyer and Frank Wilson. I just invited Pam to join SDF. I hope she will.

Great idea Marv

I love this one too Marv

and this great version of Soul Man

Quote Originally Posted by McMotown View Post
    Great idea Marv

Thanks McMotown

Bobby Taylor and the Vancouvers were the opening act for Diana Ross and the Supremes when I saw them shortly after Cindy joined the group.

Quote Originally Posted by snakepit View Post
    Very nice Snakepit. Bobby had a pure voice. Strong vocals.

Great thread Marv.

Love this one...

Fantastic version of The Tempts' tune...

One of my all time favorites!

lockhartgary we posted within seconds of one another. LOL

Love this catchy track too!

No matter how old this one gets, it still sounds good......

My favorite is "One Too Many Heataches." RIP to the legend.

Does anyone know where I can find release dates for Bobby Taylor and the Vancouvers singles?

One of my firm favorites.

And when you think what a an outstanding job the Originals did on the vocal of BIFR, and that their performance is a tough act to follow, you appreciate even more Bobby Taylor's vocal talent, and what an underrated singer he was.

Cheers

Paul

Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    Does anyone know where I can find release dates for Bobby Taylor and the Vancouvers singles?
    http://www.dftmc.info/

Cheers

Paul

Name:  av-5.jpg
Views: 320
Size:  21.1 KB
    I've read that Bobby Taylor, of Baltimore, who later was lead singer of Bobby Taylor & The Vancouvers and a solo singer with Motown and Sunflower, was also in Columbus' 4 Pharaohs. The writer said he or she learned of that during an interview with Bobby's brother, Ronny Taylor, talking about their days in the Columbus group. Several sources said that Motown's Bobby Taylor was in that Columbus group. But, I still have my doubts. I DO know that Bobby sang with a few New York groups before traveling to The West. But, I still have my doubts that he ever sang with Columbus' 4 Pharaohs, as I've always read that ALL of their members had been born and raised in that Ohio city. But, if it is really true, Bobby must have joined after the group finished recording with Esta, and Ransom/Ranson in 1960. He and his brother, Ronny, must have joined after The Columbus Group left Howard's managership, but before the original members rerecorded "Give Me Your Love" again for Howard Ransom in L.A. in 1963 as The Egyptian Kings.

Does anyone here know IF or when they were with the group?

Hey Marv, try this website, it's pretty good: http://www.45cat.com/artist/bobby-taylor

Quote Originally Posted by bradburger View Post
    One of my firm favorites.

And when you think what a an outstanding job the Originals did on the vocal of BIFR, and that their performance is a tough act to follow, you appreciate even more Bobby Taylor's vocal talent, and what an underrated singer he was.

Cheers

Paul
    He was an excellent singer Paul. From same Washington DC neighborhood as Marvin Gaye who incidentally produced the Originals "Baby I'm For Real".

Quote Originally Posted by TomatoTom123 View Post
    Hey Marv, try this website, it's pretty good: http://www.45cat.com/artist/bobby-taylor
    thank you...........................

Quote Originally Posted by robb_k View Post
Views: 320
    I've read that Bobby Taylor, of Baltimore, who later was lead singer of Bobby Taylor & The Vancouvers and a solo singer with Motown and Sunflower, was also in Columbus' 4 Pharaohs. The writer said he or she learned of that during an interview with Bobby's brother, Ronny Taylor, talking about their days in the Columbus group. Several sources said that Motown's Bobby Taylor was in that Columbus group. But, I still have my doubts. I DO know that Bobby sang with a few New York groups before traveling to The West. But, I still have my doubts that he ever sang with Columbus' 4 Pharaohs, as I've always read that ALL of their members had been born and raised in that Ohio city. But, if it is really true, Bobby must have joined after the group finished recording with Esta, and Ransom/Ranson in 1960. He and his brother, Ronny, must have joined after The Columbus Group left Howard's managership, but before the original members rerecorded "Give Me Your Love" again for Howard Ransom in L.A. in 1963 as The Egyptian Kings.

Does anyone here know IF or when they were with the group?
    Robb, that makes sense to me now about the Columbus, OH group. Bobby Taylor's mom lived in Columbus, OH. Some of her neighbors recall meeting Bobby there and becoming friends with him.

One of my favorite Bobby Taylor sayings was if you don't want to feel old, then act and do the things you did when you were young. From walking to everything else you can.

Robb, that makes sense to me now about the Columbus, OH group. Bobby Taylor's mom lived in Columbus, OH. Some of her neighbors recall meeting Bobby there and becoming friends with him.
Views: 310
    Thanks Marv,
    I finally found a website that had the entire history of The 4 Pharaohs correct, stating that Bobby Taylor was one of the original members starting in high school, and was with them their first 2 years, from mid 1957-mid 1959. So, he was on their first 6 recorded songs on Esta and Ransom and the re-issue on Paradise. It's terrible how much misinformation exists on The internet, listing the four original members without Bobby, and mentioning he was from Baltimore and sang there and DC, and with groups in New York, but never mentioning that he lived in Ohio, and went to high school there.

Bobby Taylor & The Vancouvers - "Day By Day Or Never"

Bobby Taylor - "I Can't Quit Your Love"

Quote Originally Posted by bradburger View Post
    Hey Paul, thank you very much!

Quote Originally Posted by robb_k View Post
Views: 310
    Thanks Marv,
    I finally found a website that had the entire history of The 4 Pharaohs correct, stating that Bobby Taylor was one of the original members starting in high school, and was with them their first 2 years, from mid 1957-mid 1959. So, he was on their first 6 recorded songs on Esta and Ransom and the re-issue on Paradise. It's terrible how much misinformation exists on The internet, listing the four original members without Bobby, and mentioning he was from Baltimore and sang there and DC, and with groups in New York, but never mentioning that he lived in Ohio, and went to high school there.
    You are most welcome Robb especially in light of all the great information you share with all of us consistently! I regret never having the opportunity to hear Bobby sing in person.

Quote Originally Posted by mysterysinger View Post
    Bobby Taylor - "I Can't Quit Your Love"

mysterysinger, this is a great cut. I had not heard it before. It's like a combination of the Motown Sound, Philly Sound and it just works. Thank you.

Glad to be of help.

And of course Bobby was the producer on this mini-masterpiece...