[REMOVE ADS]

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

The supremes lady is a tramp may 67

https://youtu.be/uzaWcZFMk1U

On johnny Carson. I already their full appearance is in YouTube but hey why not

I was just about to post this! Fantastic footage. Probably the cleanest footage of it I've ever seen.

That's why he posted this one

And once again Diana's right earring falls off just as it did when they performed "You Can't Hurry Love" on Ed Sullivan. You would think she would make sure they were fastened..lol

It's nice seeing Flo in this number as all the other clips of this song that I've seen all have Cindy in them.

Sadly this is also the beginning of Diana's annoying "hiccup" phase. She wasn't exactly a disciplined singer back in the early days. She rarely paced herself live and she had absolutely no control over her breathing versus her phrasing which caused her to gulp [[or gasp) for air causing that annoying sound to come out of her mouth.

I loved her voice in the recording studio, she sounded great on the records, her voice, her tone, her phrasing - - - live she was just all over the place - - - she had the tendency to over enunciate and over exagerrate which to me I found a bit on the annoying side.

I don't think that hiccuping thing had anything to do with her "discipline". It was some crap she decided to do because she thought it was cute. I also disagree on her live singing. I think she was fantastic, although I do agree there were times when she would over enunciate and over exaggerate and it was quite annoying. But remember too she was still a very young lady. She was probably still trying to find herself vocally, which always means finding a new thing. At 20 something we were all trying to find that new thing that works...whatever it was.

But this clip is especially nice because it speaks to the group's professionalism. With everything that was said to have been going on behind the scenes at the time, one might expect something to be off with the girls. Yet here they are sounding as great as ever, looking great as ever. You would never know things weren't right. This ship could've been saved if someone had the balls to save it.

Quote Originally Posted by RanRan79 View Post
    I don't think that hiccuping thing had anything to do with her "discipline". It was some crap she decided to do because she thought it was cute. I also disagree on her live singing. I think she was fantastic, although I do agree there were times when she would over enunciate and over exaggerate and it was quite annoying. But remember too she was still a very young lady. She was probably still trying to find herself vocally, which always means finding a new thing. At 20 something we were all trying to find that new thing that works...whatever it was.

But this clip is especially nice because it speaks to the group's professionalism. With everything that was said to have been going on behind the scenes at the time, one might expect something to be off with the girls. Yet here they are sounding as great as ever, looking great as ever. You would never know things weren't right. This ship could've been saved if someone had the balls to save it.
    Well if that was the case Berry Gordy, Jr. should have pulled her to the side and told her to cut it out because it was far from cute...it was annoying!!! But then again he was the guy who wouldn't marry her because she was just as self involved and ambitious as he was and he needed a woman who was gonna kiss his ass and she clearly was not that woman...LOL

Oh the hiccuping did not start here. You can hear it creep in on the 'Rodgers and Hart' album. She managed to not let it get out of hand for a while, but by early 1967 she was into this cutsey, Twiggy thing that audiences really ate up. I can see why Florence grew tired of the charade because that's basically what it was at this point - a whole facade and any Supremes fan today knows it. But back then audiences ate it up and it certainly had its appeal. Fortunately, I think she pretty much reigned it in with the hiccuping after about a year or so.

Quote Originally Posted by LoveSupreme View Post
    And once again Diana's right earring falls off just as it did when they performed "You Can't Hurry Love" on Ed Sullivan. You would think she would make sure they were fastened..lol

It's nice seeing Flo in this number as all the other clips of this song that I've seen all have Cindy in them.

Sadly this is also the beginning of Diana's annoying "hiccup" phase. She wasn't exactly a disciplined singer back in the early days. She rarely paced herself live and she had absolutely no control over her breathing versus her phrasing which caused her to gulp [[or gasp) for air causing that annoying sound to come out of her mouth.

I loved her voice in the recording studio, she sounded great on the records, her voice, her tone, her phrasing - - - live she was just all over the place - - - she had the tendency to over enunciate and over exagerrate which to me I found a bit on the annoying side.
    I am in the minority, but Diane is just too animated in this clip. And that damn hiccup is irritating. Maybe she was copying that technique from another singer.

Quote Originally Posted by detmotownguy View Post
    I am in the minority, but Diane is just too animated in this clip. And that damn hiccup is irritating. Maybe she was copying that technique from another singer.
    I agree with you on this one. I have seen other [[later) performances of this number where Diana toned it down a bit and it was much more effective. Mary and Flo look great in this clip though.

LOL !!!!

I had no idea Diana Ross had a "hiccup phase"!!! LOL!

I am learning so much at this forum folks!!

A theory just popped into my head: Since Diana was such an influence on him, maybe that's where MJ got the impetus for his trademark hiccup tic!

Quote Originally Posted by antceleb12 View Post
    I can see why Florence grew tired of the charade because that's basically what it was at this point - a whole facade and any Supremes fan today knows it. But back then audiences ate it up.
    Show business is all about 'charade'. The performers who can put on a charade are only magnifying a personality for dramatic effect. Audiences have eaten it up, as you say, from day one. And they still do. It's what separates the Diana's of the world to...dare I say it, the Florence's.

Quote Originally Posted by lakedistrictlad1 View Post
    Show business is all about 'charade'. The performers who can put on a charade are only magnifying a personality for dramatic effect. Audiences have eaten it up, as you say, from day one. And they still do. It's what separates the Diana's of the world to...dare I say it, the Florence's.
    It goes to show you what audiences will tolerate nowadays from a performer. If Diana Ross would have started her career in the present time with all her affectations [[the hunched shoulders, the eye and neck rolls and that 'hiccup') then she would come across as phony and no one would buy it.

Seeing her early performances through today's eyes you could tell she was really trying too damned hard and really laying it on thick some of the time.

Sometimes I just want to yell at the screen: "Tone it down girl!!!!"

LOL!

Wait for it.....it's coming....wait for it....

Well if that was the case Berry Gordy, Jr. should have pulled her to the side and told her to cut it out because it was far from cute...it was annoying!!! But then again he was the guy who wouldn't marry her because she was just as self involved and ambitious as he was and he needed a woman who was gonna kiss his ass and she clearly was not that woman...LOL
    He may have thought it was cute too. Lol But I personally think she had it in her to kiss his ass more than he kissing hers. She lived to please him. I think the hold was broken when he did refuse to marry her. That was too much for her to deal with. Probably an unforgivable sin, especially if that refusal was after she found out she was pregnant.

This is the truth. And it's exactly why Diana Ross went on to be able to entertain stadiums full of people. Florence was a great talent and surely would have succeeded with the business in her corner. But she never would have "put on" for any audience and therefore would never have been a stadium entertainer.

It goes to show you what audiences will tolerate nowadays from a performer. If Diana Ross would have started her career in the present time with all her affectations [[the hunched shoulders, the eye and neck rolls and that 'hiccup') then she would come across as phony and no one would buy it.

Seeing her early performances through today's eyes you could tell she was really trying too damned hard and really laying it on thick some of the time.

LOL!
    Let's be honest, all of that extra stuff Diana was doing was perfect for a 1960s audience and honestly was a part of why the public loved her. She would be laughed out the door today because it's old fashioned. Today's audience is dumber than ever. The Supremes themselves never would've made it today, nor would most of the Motown roster. Not with good old fashioned [[not in a bad way) singing talent. The Supremes could- as my great grandmother would say- stand flat footed and sing. No frills needed. No machines. No technology. Singers of that caliber are rarely household names today.

LOL!
    Yes. This.

Diana was much more disciplined and elegant on Ed Sullivan and the Hollywood Palace. I enjoyed her performance on Carson, but she was acting her age, very young. Thus, Lady is a Tramp was not a good choice because it takes a more mature acting lady who is dressed mature to sell those lyrics. However, I be darn if I noticed Flo and Mary because Diana absolutely stole the show with her power and charisma. Flo needed those huge honker earrings to get noticed.
    Last edited by Circa 1824; 07-26-2017 at 05:43 PM.

Something always seemed off with Flo during these last months with the group. I guess the stress was getting the best of her. She seems bored and so over it. I also noticed she wasn't doing the ad libs much anymore and Mary was beginning to take over those. This was also when Mary was starting to ham it up, I guess she was trying to stand her ground.

Yes and no. It depends on what time period you're talking about, what genre of music you're talking about, etc. The reason why so many in the R&B audience distanced themselves from Ross was exactly because of the charade. There's also a reason why the Supremes never played things like Woodstock. Their 'schtick' would NOT have gone over well. I mean that's what the late-sixties rock and folk movements were about - moving away from the charade. Diana's schtick was PERFECT for the type of music and the type of audience Gordy was breeding them for, so yes that is why Diana flourished and why others like, say, Florence or Martha did not.

Quote Originally Posted by floyjoy678 View Post
    Something always seemed off with Flo during these last months with the group. I guess the stress was getting the best of her. She seems bored and so over it. I also noticed she wasn't doing the ad libs much anymore and Mary was beginning to take over those. This was also when Mary was starting to ham it up, I guess she was trying to stand her ground.
    I don't see that at all. Florence looks like there's nothing wrong. I don't believe anyone would have ever looked at this performance at the time and thought Flo was an unhappy alcoholic on her way to being kicked out of the group. She seems ever the professional here. Looks happy to me.

I remember reading somewhere that Black promoters never asked [[for) or even [[considered) booking The Supremes because it was an unspoken understanding that their audience was white.

I forgot where I read it but I do remember reading that. If I come across where I read it I will link it.

Okay I found it. It was from the book "The Supremes - A Sags of Motown Dreams, Success and Betrayal by Mark Ribowsky.

In it he wrote:

The scale of Gordy’s accomplishment becomes more apparent when you learn that when the Supremes first appeared on the Ed Sullivan Show in 1964, the local Detroit newspaper declined to give the hometown stars a write-up on the grounds that “We can’t put black people on the cover of a TV magazine”. [[Interestingly, Shelley Berger, who was in charge of booking out Motown acts, says he never fielded a single offer for the Supremes from a black promoter, and by 1965 “it was understood the Supremes’ audience was white”.)

Okay I found it. It was from the book "The Supremes - A Sags of Motown Dreams, Success and Betrayal by Mark Ribowsky.

In it he wrote:

The scale of Gordy’s accomplishment becomes more apparent when you learn that when the Supremes first appeared on the Ed Sullivan Show in 1964, the local Detroit newspaper declined to give the hometown stars a write-up on the grounds that “We can’t put black people on the cover of a TV magazine”. [[Interestingly, Shelley Berger, who was in charge of booking out Motown acts, says he never fielded a single offer for the Supremes from a black promoter, and by 1965 “it was understood the Supremes’ audience was white”.)
    My friend, Al Abrams is the one that got the Supremes on the cover of TV Magazine for the first time.

Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    My friend, Al Abrams is the one that got the Supremes on the cover of TV Magazine for the first time.
    Your friend Al Abrams was a gentleman. I will never forget this post he wriote back in the day. Mr Abrams told the TRUTH.

stalebagel

Join DateAug 2010Posts320

My concern is about how this movie will assign the blame for the failure of Flo's unsuccessful solo career. I don't think they will even attempt to pin the blame on Berry or Diana, or even Motown, as well they shouldn't because they were not to blame. Flo's diehard fans don't want to hear the truth, but the problem rests solely on the shoulders of Flo and Tommy [[remember the NY apartment?) and members of Flo's immediate family whose greed motivated them into attacking many of those who helped Flo [[such as the Detroit Free Press and its editors) in threatened lawsuits.
    Oh, does this bit of news come as a surprise to many people? Ever read the filings?
    Every one of the small and loyal group of industry professionals who took a chance to help Flo succeed all received nothing in return when the plug was pulled. But how convenient it would be for this movie to make them the scapegoats.
    How do I know? I was there. Watch Unsung or read Pete's book. Karen Spencer may try to deny my existence, but the truth prevails. I'll go on any show, on any forum, at any time and debate her. I've got the proof.

Wish this had been restored !!!
    This is when and why I loved all 3.
    They were really America's sweethearts and vision.
    LOL Flo was not playing with those earings and makeup !!!
    Mary did the long fall and dance grooves.
    Diana with the glitter and mini skirt.
    This is why we loved them !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Roberta75 View Post
    Your friend Al Abrams was a gentleman. I will never forget this post he wriote back in the day. Mr Abrams told the TRUTH.

stalebagel

My concern is about how this movie will assign the blame for the failure of Flo's unsuccessful solo career. I don't think they will even attempt to pin the blame on Berry or Diana, or even Motown, as well they shouldn't because they were not to blame. Flo's diehard fans don't want to hear the truth, but the problem rests solely on the shoulders of Flo and Tommy [[remember the NY apartment?) and members of Flo's immediate family whose greed motivated them into attacking many of those who helped Flo [[such as the Detroit Free Press and its editors) in threatened lawsuits.
    Oh, does this bit of news come as a surprise to many people? Ever read the filings?
    Every one of the small and loyal group of industry professionals who took a chance to help Flo succeed all received nothing in return when the plug was pulled. But how convenient it would be for this movie to make them the scapegoats.
    How do I know? I was there. Watch Unsung or read Pete's book. Karen Spencer may try to deny my existence, but the truth prevails. I'll go on any show, on any forum, at any time and debate her. I've got the proof.

Excuse me for my lack of knowledge but what movie is Mr. Abrams referring to?

Who is Mr. Abrams - and what proof is he speaking of?

Excuse me for my lack of knowledge but what movie is Mr. Abrams referring to?

Who is Mr. Abrams - and what proof is he speaking of?
    Mr Abrams was talking about a Flo Ballard movie that was in the works a few years ago but Mr Abrams was on to the scam that the movie turn out to be. Mr Abrams also represent Flo Ballard in her solo carerr and knew what her husband Tommy was and thats all im gonna say about Mr Tommy Chapman.
    Mr Abrams first employee of Berry Gordy Jr. and the man who pushed artists like the Supremes and Stevie Wonder into news headlines around the world Abrams was the first press officer for Gordy's Motown Records

Mr Abrams was talking about a Flo Ballard movie that was in the works a few years ago but Mr Abrams was on to the scam that the movie turn out to be. Mr Abrams also represent Flo Ballard in her solo carerr and knew what her husband Tommy was and thats all im gonna say about Mr Tommy Chapman.
    Mr Abrams first employee of Berry Gordy Jr. and the man who pushed artists like the Supremes and Stevie Wonder into news headlines around the world Abrams was the first press officer for Gordy's Motown Records
    Thank you Miss Roberta.

Thank you Miss Roberta.
    Welcome my dear.

Thank you Miss Roberta.
    He [[Al Abrams) did not care for "Roberta" at all!

Well as he [[Al Abrams) is no longer with us he cant comment, but if it makes you feel better posting something childish and petty then go right ahead.

What a stupid comment!!

Quote Originally Posted by vgalindo View Post
    What a stupid comment!!
    What is stupid is you commenting on something you know NOTHING about! Make me......

What is stupid is you commenting on something you know NOTHING about! Make me......
    "Make me" What are you 14? LOLOLolol

Marv and Roberta both of you are acting like little kids.

Quote Originally Posted by blackguy69 View Post
    Oh i didnt start this.

stalebagel

Al Abrams was not my favorite person. My interaction with him was less than pleasant, and I'll leave that where it is so as not to speak ill of the dead. However, regardless of how I feel about him personally, I will forever respect his place in Motown history and I think it was a testament to his feelings for Florence that he worked with her on her solo career. While I have to question what Flo's family had to do with the Free Press lawsuit [[my understanding was that Florence and Tommy took issue with the paper referring to Flo as broke), Mr. Abrams offered good information, along with an interview conducted with George Kerr who produced some of Flo's solo recordings, that Flo's solo career was mostly troubled by Tommy and Flo herself.

Diana Ross was too self involved to worry about Florence's post Supremes career, nor do I believe for one moment that, despite their animosity for one another toward the end of Flo's time as a Supreme, that Diana would have wished Flo any ill will like a failed solo go. No one will ever be able to convince me that Gordy didn't at least get his hands a little dirty where Flo's solo career was concerned. The music business is as dirty as any other business, and for all the talk about "it's just business", the truth is that business turns personal all the time.

But Flo made the horrid mistake of making a former limo driver and lackey with no music business experience her manager. She also let her immaturity get in the way of her good sense. Neither of these are great combinations for success. Flo needed a Berry Gordy to guide her solo career and instead she got Tommy and herself. That chapter was doomed before it even began.

But Flo made the horrid mistake of making a former limo driver and lackey with no music business experience her manager. She also let her immaturity get in the way of her good sense. Neither of these are great combinations for success. Flo needed a Berry Gordy to guide her solo career and instead she got Tommy and herself. That chapter was doomed before it even began.
    I think you hit the nail on the head with this. The fact that Florence was so quick to give to others in need was both a blessing and a curse. In the case of her career, I think her generosity translated into giving unneeded charity toward her husband, who essentially leeched off her success until it all dried up.

I also think that Florence may have been so turned off my men like Gordy that she needed someone she immediately knew and trusted to handle her career. As we all know, Florence had a LOT of trust issues, so between that and her lack of confidence and knowledge of the music business, it seems to me she latched all of her hopes onto someone she was already comfortable with rather than find someone who knew how to manage her properly.

My other guess is that after the Supremes fiasco, Florence seemed rather only half-heartedly interested in a solo career and that her increased depression and alcoholism worsened more from her financial disasters and legal nightmares than from her career failings.

I think you hit the nail on the head with this. The fact that Florence was so quick to give to others in need was both a blessing and a curse. In the case of her career, I think her generosity translated into giving unneeded charity toward her husband, who essentially leeched off her success until it all dried up.
    Exactly. Tommy was looking for a "come up" and Flo provided that. I get the impression that he was somewhat older than her [[he always looks like he's easily well into his 30s to me) and so he may have manipulated her into letting him take the reins of her solo career. I also have to wonder how much he contributed to Flo's problems in the group. She was already having some issues but it seems to me in the timeline of things that even though she was supposed to be happier having this full time romance, her unhappiness seems to have increased, and I wonder if Tommy was in her ear exacerbating her feelings about different things going on.

I also think that Florence may have been so turned off my men like Gordy that she needed someone she immediately knew and trusted to handle her career. As we all know, Florence had a LOT of trust issues, so between that and her lack of confidence and knowledge of the music business, it seems to me she latched all of her hopes onto someone she was already comfortable with rather than find someone who knew how to manage her properly.
    Again, I believe you're right on the money, other than the lack of confidence thing. George Kerr's recollections of working with her were of someone who may have been overconfident.

My other guess is that after the Supremes fiasco, Florence seemed rather only half-heartedly interested in a solo career and that her increased depression and alcoholism worsened more from her financial disasters and legal nightmares than from her career failings.
    I disagree here. Flo knew she had been put on earth to sing. As she said in an article at the time, when she stepped on stage at that school talent show she knew what she wanted to do with the rest of her life. Folks bitten by the performance bug usually have a tough go shaking it, which is why so many artists go off the deep end when they reach a high and they can't get back on it. I don't think Flo was ready to leave the Supremes. Remember she was fired, she didn't quit. So she may have been in a weird mental place if she felt like she should still be a Supreme at that point and not a soloist. Her financial and legal issues certainly led to her fast fall through depression and alcoholism, but don't underestimate that need she had to sing, record, perform and be a success. The first thing she did when she started getting her life back together before her death was start thinking about relaunching a solo career. That's what an artist does. Music is always their go to move. So sad that there were so many years post ABC that she wasn't singing. She deserved to win.

Exactly. Tommy was looking for a "come up" and Flo provided that. I get the impression that he was somewhat older than her [[he always looks like he's easily well into his 30s to me) and so he may have manipulated her into letting him take the reins of her solo career. I also have to wonder how much he contributed to Flo's problems in the group. She was already having some issues but it seems to me in the timeline of things that even though she was supposed to be happier having this full time romance, her unhappiness seems to have increased, and I wonder if Tommy was in her ear exacerbating her feelings about different things going on.
    Exactly. And, as it has been pointed out, Florence's family was never objective about what she relayed to them. As Mary pointed out, Diana's mother would often put her in her place if she saw Diana do something wrong. Mother Ross was never one to take sides. However, Florence's family always seemed to support Florence's resentment and not provide a balance to her ever-growing resentment [[which, understandably, was probably aimed to shield her, considering her rape).

I disagree here. Flo knew she had been put on earth to sing. As she said in an article at the time, when she stepped on stage at that school talent show she knew what she wanted to do with the rest of her life. Folks bitten by the performance bug usually have a tough go shaking it, which is why so many artists go off the deep end when they reach a high and they can't get back on it. I don't think Flo was ready to leave the Supremes. Remember she was fired, she didn't quit. So she may have been in a weird mental place if she felt like she should still be a Supreme at that point and not a soloist. Her financial and legal issues certainly led to her fast fall through depression and alcoholism, but don't underestimate that need she had to sing, record, perform and be a success. The first thing she did when she started getting her life back together before her death was start thinking about relaunching a solo career. That's what an artist does. Music is always their go to move. So sad that there were so many years post ABC that she wasn't singing. She deserved to win.
    I would tend to agree, but by the seventies Florence was so beaten down she was fully willing to not step foot on a stage again. While I believe her heart wanted to, I think her spirit was beat and I'm wondering if her dismissal from the group was the beginning of the end. I would also point out that yes Florence was fired, but she also never put up a fight about being fired, either. Both times. In fact, earlier that year, she was taken home after an incident in Tennessee and it's interesting to note that, while on the road, Florence was miserable and depressed. However, after each time she was sent home - Tennessee, her initial dismissal at Gordy's in April '67, and her final dismissal in Vegas - Florence actually left rather passively. As much as I don't think she wanted to leave the Supremes, I think she knew she had to, but was unwilling to quit. My guess is she knew it was for the best. While I know she loved to sing, I also know Florence would rather have been close to her family [[who was always close). That's why I don't think Florence was necessarily yearning for that type of stardom again. I truly believed the massive success of the Supremes burnt her out.

Thank God she got the chance to sing once again in front of a cheering crowd at Ford Auditorium in Detroit in 1975. She sang in a benefit for Joan Little. Flo sang "Come See About Me" and "I Am Woman"backed by the Night Shade.

Quote Originally Posted by blackguy69 View Post
    No, here is where Roberta tried disparaging people from buying Al Abrams book "Hype & Soul". He could have just said that he was not interested, but no. He goes on and on about it is not worth the money [[before ever even seeing the book) and that he should spend his money on a pedicure instead and then went on and on and on about waiting for it at his local library, while encouraging others to do so.. Now was all that necessary? No! All of Roberta's bullshit hurt and angered Al. He did not understand why Roberta was doing that to him and his book!

Check it out if you like:

https://soulfuldetroit.com/showthrea...ight=Hype+Soul
    Last edited by marv2; 07-28-2017 at 06:44 PM.

No, here is where Roberta tried disparaging people from buying Al Abrams book "Hype & Soul". He could have just said that he was not interested, but no. He goes on and on about it is not worth the money [[before ever even seeing the book) and that he should spend his money on a pedicure instead and then went on and on and on about waiting for it at his local library, while encouraging others to do so.. Now was all that necessary? No! All of Roberta's bullshit hurt and angered Al. He did not understand why Roberta was doing that to him and his book!

Check it out if you like:

https://soulfuldetroit.com/showthrea...ight=Hype+Soul

I said the following and marv2 isnt telling the truth when she stated that my postings [[see blow) hurt and anger Mr Abrams.I agree smark21. I can't fork out $73 for a book in this economy. I'd rather spend that money on a good pedicure to make my feet feel real pretty. Like you I will look for Mr. Abrams book in my local library.

I mentioned the library twice in the entire thread so marv2s only starting drama esorcially when she claims I went on and on and on which is lies.

i did NOT hurt Mr Abrams feelings.

Roberta

John G. Stumpf Guest
    I said the following and marv2 isnt telling the truth when she stated that my postings [[see blow) hurt and anger Mr Abrams.I agree smark21. I can't fork out $73 for a book in this economy. I'd rather spend that money on a good pedicure to make my feet feel real pretty. Like you I will look for Mr. Abrams book in my local library.

I mentioned the library twice in the entire thread so marv2s only starting drama esorcially when she claims I went on and on and on which is lies.

i did NOT hurt Mr Abrams feelings.

Roberta

I am confused. I thought Marv2 was a he but you called him a she. Which one is it? I don't want to make a mistake and have someone hate me because they think I am being passive aggressive and calling them by the wrong gender. I hope your feet look real pretty.

Quote Originally Posted by John G. Stumpf View Post
    I am confused. I thought Marv2 was a he but you called him a she. Which one is it? I don't want to make a mistake and have someone hate me because they think I am being passive aggressive and calling them by the wrong gender. I hope your feet look real pretty.
    Sorry marv2 mistakenly call me a he and I foolishly called him a she. Im a she and shes a he. We may come across like we dont like each other but weve both got a special place in each others hearts ♥️

Your new here so welcome aboard. Didnt you work for EMI in England?
    Last edited by Roberta75; 07-28-2017 at 07:30 PM.

John G. Stumpf Guest
    Sorry marv2 mistakenly call me a he and I foolishly called him a she. Im a she and shes a he. We may come across like we dont like each other but weve both got a special place in each others hearts ♥️

Your new here so welcome aboard. Didnt you work for EMI in England?
    No my Uncle did. He wants nothing to do with the music industry anymore. He played a big role in Sheena Easton's career. He has all of these great pictures that I used to look at when I used to stay at his house. There was a big party to celebrate the success of Diana Ross' One Woman Collection and she was there. He is waiting to verify Bluebrock's name on the company roster before he will send them to me. He is very cynical and thinks everyone is a fraud or a con artist. I guess you can't be too careful these days. I think you are very nice and I hope to have a good time here.

As soon as I get Bluebrock's name and my Uncle can verify his identity I can share the photos so tell him to hurry up!
    Last edited by John G. Stumpf; 07-28-2017 at 07:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by John G. Stumpf View Post
    No my Uncle did. He wants nothing to do with the music industry anymore. He played a big role in Sheena Easton's career. He has all of these great pictures that I used to look at when I used to stay at his house. There was a big party to celebrate the success of Diana Ross' One Woman Collection and she was there. He is waiting to verify Bluebrock's name on the company roster before he will send them to me. He is very cynical and thinks everyone is a fraud or a con artist. I guess you can't be too careful these days. I think you are very nice and I hope to have a good time here.

As soon as I get Bluebrock's name and my Uncle can verify his identity I can share the photos so tell him to hurry up!
    im not going to tell anyone to post there full name on a public forum thats not my job or business but back to Sheena Easton. My nephews former boyfriend danced for her and David Cassidy in Vegas back in the late 90s or early 2000 and said Cassidy was real nice but Sheena could be real nice on ocassion and real, real mean and standoffish most of the run at the Rio Hotel and Casino. I saw the revue and liked it and met MR Cassidy who wad a gentleman and gracious but Miss Easton wasnt interested in meet anyone that night. LOL

We may come across like we dont like each other but weve both got a special place in each others hearts ♥️
    Haaa, Roberta, that's one way of putting it!