[REMOVE ADS]

Mary Wilson on PBS Tavis Smiley full interview

Oh yes I remember this interview. I was in Detroit when I saw it. Thank you Luke!

I saw it too. This interview is still on Travis smileys' pbs website

My pleasure Marv. One of her best. Travis has an ability to make people feel comfortable and you could tell he thoroughly enjoyed Mary. They covered a lot...Diana, Jean, her charity work, jazz, upset over internet negativity etc. Great interview!

Quote Originally Posted by luke View Post
    My pleasure Marv. One of her best. Travis has an ability to make people feel comfortable and you could tell he thoroughly enjoyed Mary. They covered a lot...Diana, Jean, her charity work, jazz, upset over internet negativity etc. Great interview!
    Thanks Luke! Mary is wonderful!

This interview reminded me of the one Mary did with Donnie Simpson on Video Soul - BET in the late 80s. They got along so well that they were laughing through most of the interview.

Thanks to both Luke & Marv2 for sharing the Mary Wilson clip. Even though it's from a few years ago, it still feels like it was done yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by Motown Eddie View Post
    Thanks to both Luke & Marv2 for sharing the Mary Wilson clip. Even though it's from a few years ago, it still feels like it was done yesterday.
    Thanks Motown Eddie

It is amazing how ordinary, absolutely ordinary, Mary Wilson is both as a person and entertainer. There is nothing that draws me to her.

If I watch her interviews, it is only to learn something new about Diana Ross. But, Wilson tells the same stories, in the most ordinary way, over and over and over again.
    Last edited by Circa 1824; 07-22-2017 at 08:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Circa 1824 View Post
    It is amazing how ordinary, absolutely ordinary, Mary Wilson is both as a person and entertainer. There is nothing that draws me to her.

If I watch her interviews, it is only to learn something new about Diana Ross. But, Wilson tells the same stories, in the most ordinary way, over and over and over again.
    It's been pretty calm these past few weeks. The last thing that needs to happen is another war with comments like that. If anything else at least keep it pleasant

Quote Originally Posted by Circa 1824 View Post

Something drew you to her or you wouldn't be in this thread!

Exactly. Mary charms everyone with her down to earth charm. She never acts superior...one reason she is so popular!

Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    Something drew you to her or you wouldn't be in this thread!
    True. Just as somethinng draws you to the Diana Ross threads even though you dont care for her.

I love the Supremes and like all the individual members So the Supreme legacy drew me here.

Quote Originally Posted by milven View Post
    True. Just as somethinng draws you to the Diana Ross threads even though you dont care for her.

I love the Supremes and like all the individual members So the Supreme legacy drew me here.
    Yeah, there is something that draws me to her. She's [[Diana Ross)is a thread topic on the forum all the time. He said that there was nothing that draws him to Mary Wilson which I found to be strange.
    Last edited by marv2; 07-23-2017 at 12:52 PM.

I love Mary Wilson's interviews and evidently there are others out there that do as well.

Watching Mary in this interview I have a newfound respect for her. I am glad that she continues doing what she loves the most - - - performing on stage. She is very aware of what she can do as a vocalist as she acknowledges that she excels at ballads and jazz. She knows her strengths. Bless her.