[REMOVE ADS]

These Things Will Keep Me Loving You

In response to the question about the two versions of TTWKMLY by the Velvelettes being recorded in such a short time, I was wondering if the earlier version was perhaps recorded by Johnny Bristol and Jackie Beavers just like Someday We'll Be Together was and the later version was written for the Velvelettes. Any evidence of this.
    I do know that some songs written for the likes of Jr Walker for instance, were recorded many years earlier by their writer, Johnny Bristol.

Are you referring to the two different vocal tracks with different lyrics but with the same backing track?

Maybe John Lester can answer this question. He is the world's leading expert on the Velvelettes. If he doesn't know the answer, nobody does.
    Last edited by woodward; 07-20-2017 at 04:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by masterblaster View Post
    In response to the question about the two versions of TTWKMLY by the Velvelettes being recorded in such a short time, I was wondering if the earlier version was perhaps recorded by Johnny Bristol and Jackie Beavers just like Someday We'll Be Together was and the later version was written for the Velvelettes. Any evidence of this.
    I do know that some songs written for the likes of Jr Walker for instance, were recorded many years earlier by their writer, Johnny Bristol.
    I never heard that Johnny & Jackie recorded that song.When was the song written?
    Last edited by marv2; 07-20-2017 at 06:34 PM.

The Velvelettes recorded both versions.