[REMOVE ADS]

Thread: I Want You

I Want You

Ok the Here My Dear thread inspired me. And I didn't want that thread to go sideways w discussing other Marvin lps. So started another thread

I Want You album and project

Frankly this is my favorite Marvin set. Of course I recognize the importance of What's Going On but it's not my fav. I like the sex groove of IWY better than Let's Get It On too. LGIO is more funky and I like the disco angle of IWY.

Quote Originally Posted by sup_fan View Post
    Ok the Here My Dear thread inspired me. And I didn't want that thread to go sideways w discussing other Marvin lps. So started another thread

I Want You album and project

Frankly this is my favorite Marvin set. Of course I recognize the importance of What's Going On but it's not my fav. I like the sex groove of IWY better than Let's Get It On too. LGIO is more funky and I like the disco angle of IWY.
    I love Marvin Gaye's I Want You album. Great songs and very sexy grooves put it up there with my favorites by him during the '70s & '80s [[which are What's' Going On, Let's Get It On, "Got To Give It Up" & "Sexual Healing").

Lets Get It On is my favorite of the Marvin 70s. I played the expanded edition to death. I'm surprised it's still in pretty good condition. What's Going On is fantastic for what it was, an album commentary on the state of the world. I put WGO on when I just want to hear me some Marvin, but the content can be a bit of a downer so I have to be in the mood for most of it. Especially when you consider how little the world has changed since he recorded it. I've never been fond of Trouble Man. It's the one Motown Marvin album I never play.

I pull out LGIO and I Want You when I'm in a different kind of mood. Both of those albums would easily make it onto my list of must haves if I were stranded on a desert island with a audio device.

Okay, now, I Want You is my absolute favorite MPG LP. Leon Ware was the perfect collaborator for Marvin. Those swirling strings, divine harmonies, sexy lyrics, and mellow grooves are divine alchemy. The rarities and outtakes are heavenly as well.

sup_fan another great thread and another great Marvin album absolutely love the main track I Want You. However for me my all time favourite Marvin album has to be What's Going On.

Love "After The Dance"

Quote Originally Posted by RichyP View Post
    Love "After The Dance"
    Another good choice RichyP