[REMOVE ADS]

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
    John G. Stumpf Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by luke View Post
    Exactly when it's down in black and white the absurdity is so obvious!
    It does seem absurd the way you put it. Being in the Supremes was not easy job for any of the members with the schedule they had.

John G. Stumpf Guest
    Have Mary's Gus Dungeon's track's been officially released?

http://www.ioffer.com/i/mary-wilson-...m-cd-502145466

This site has a CD of Mary Wilson's first album, a bootleg I believe.
    Last edited by John G. Stumpf; 07-30-2017 at 12:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by thanxal View Post
    RanRan- I think you're correct to alert Ralph. While we are allowed to express our opinions about artists, I thought it was forbidden to attack or try to out [[dox) other members. Perhaps the trash heap is at it again?
    Thanxal I was under the same impression. As far as I'm concerned there is no good reason for any of us to know who the posters on SD are. As long as you aren't making terroristic threats, who you are is none of my business. If that picture business was above board, the person posting would never have posted in the public forum to begin with. They would have hit Bluebrock up in a PM and conducted their business there. We never even needed to know any of this was going on. But when your point is to suggest that there's no way Bluebrock knows all the stuff he claims to know because he's "scared" to publicly give his name, well of course you're going to do all of this in public view. There's a lot of folks on here who claim to know stuff. Marv is all the time in the forums telling us all of this gossip about who was doing what to who and who hated who and all of that junk. Not once have I ever asked him his name. I don't need to know it. I don't want to know it. He doesn't have to prove himself to me or anyone else. And in the event that I ever feel I need to know it, I'll hit Marv up privately and ask him for it. Never would I ask him to reveal himself publicly. There's something weird about that.

John G. Stumpf Guest
    I don't know if this has been posted but here is Mary Wilson doing Green River.

John G. Stumpf Guest
    Here is another clip of her singing in what looks like a TCB gown. Again if this has been posted before bear with me.

John G. Stumpf Guest
    Here is Mary Wilson's Love Talk

John G. Stumpf Guest

John G. Stumpf Guest

John G. Stumpf Guest
    If these Gus Dudgeon track's were unreleased why is she promoting them? Was she anticipating their release?

Quote Originally Posted by John G. Stumpf View Post
    I don't know if this has been posted but here is Mary Wilson doing Green River.

I bet you've never seen a Supreme move like that before! LOL! Go Mary Wilson!

If these Gus Dudgeon track's were unreleased why is she promoting them? Was she anticipating their release?
    She may have just needed new material for TV appearances. Also she could have been shopping them to another label. One of those songs, "You Danced My Heart Around the Stars" finally received a commercial release just last year.

Quote Originally Posted by RanRan79 View Post
    Thanxal I was under the same impression. As far as I'm concerned there is no good reason for any of us to know who the posters on SD are. As long as you aren't making terroristic threats, who you are is none of my business. If that picture business was above board, the person posting would never have posted in the public forum to begin with. They would have hit Bluebrock up in a PM and conducted their business there. We never even needed to know any of this was going on. But when your point is to suggest that there's no way Bluebrock knows all the stuff he claims to know because he's "scared" to publicly give his name, well of course you're going to do all of this in public view. There's a lot of folks on here who claim to know stuff. Marv is all the time in the forums telling us all of this gossip about who was doing what to who and who hated who and all of that junk. Not once have I ever asked him his name. I don't need to know it. I don't want to know it. He doesn't have to prove himself to me or anyone else. And in the event that I ever feel I need to know it, I'll hit Marv up privately and ask him for it. Never would I ask him to reveal himself publicly. There's something weird about that.
    I agree. Nobody should be calling someone out for personal information on a public forum. This really seemed like a scam. It still doesn't make since to me why someone needs to know someone's identity to share photos. What does copyright laws have to do with this situation?

Quote Originally Posted by vgalindo View Post
    I agree. Nobody should be calling someone out for personal information on a public forum. This really seemed like a scam. It still doesn't make since to me why someone needs to know someone's identity to share photos. What does copyright laws have to do with this situation?
    I agree. Somehow....this just didn't pass the smell test.

John G. Stumpf Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    She may have just needed new material for TV appearances. Also she could have been shopping them to another label. One of those songs, "You Danced My Heart Around the Stars" finally received a commercial release just last year.
    What do you know about this song Marv2? Evidently she recorded this for Atlantic in 1987.

John G. Stumpf Guest

This another song she recorded in 1987 for Atlantic.

This another song she recorded in 1987 for Atlantic.
    Yes, that was written for Mary by Janie Bradford who co-wrote "Money [[That's What I Want)".

John G. Stumpf Guest
    Yes, that was written for Mary by Janie Bradford who co-wrote "Money [[That's What I Want)".

What happened with the Atlantic project? I like the song Separate Rooms, it seems she could have a nice mature soul / adult r&b album on Atlantic.

What happened with the Atlantic project? I like the song Separate Rooms, it seems she could have a nice mature soul / adult r&b album on Atlantic.
    That's it. They were going to sign her, but then something happened.

John G. Stumpf Guest

Why wasn't this song released?

Quote Originally Posted by vgalindo View Post
    Absolutely nothing. It had absolutely nothing to do with the situation. It was a scam perpetrated by someone who is in all likelihood posting under another name different from the one he/she is normally known for on Soulful Detroit. I have my suspicions about who that is and it just confirms the level of crazy I figured he already had.

John G. Stumpf Guest

Mary looks sharp and sounds amazing here - 1988 for the Dionne Warwick Foundation. It seems her records do not capture the depth and power of her voice.
    Last edited by John G. Stumpf; 07-30-2017 at 04:39 PM.

Absolutely nothing. It had absolutely nothing to do with the situation. It was a scam perpetrated by someone who is in all likelihood posting under another name different from the one he/she is normally known for on Soulful Detroit. I have my suspicions about who that is and it just confirms the level of crazy I figured he already had.
    Look at join dates. In the absence of IP addresses, they can reveal a lot.

John G. Stumpf Guest
    I bet you've never seen a Supreme move like that before! LOL! Go Mary Wilson!

This is one my favorite Mary Wilson performances. She needed a producer to bring her live voice into the studio. She is outstanding here. There is no way you can perform a tribute to an Apollo Legend like Pearl Bailey and not have your act together!

She looks stunning here.

John G. Stumpf Guest

I love the energy in this clip.

Why wasn't this song released?
    No, it was never commercially released but she use to open her shows with this. It was recorded for Peter Stringfellows abort record label in 1986-87.

Mary looks sharp and sounds amazing here - 1988 for the Dionne Warwick Foundation. It seems her records do not capture the depth and power of her voice.
    That was the greatest TV Special from beginning to end I ever saw!

This is one my favorite Mary Wilson performances. She needed a producer to bring her live voice into the studio. She is outstanding here. There is no way you can perform a tribute to an Apollo Legend like Pearl Bailey and not have your act together!

She looks stunning here.

I was with her the week she taped this show in New York. October 87'

John G. Stumpf Guest
    That was the greatest TV Special from beginning to end I ever saw!
    I think hanging out in the den with the greats such as Lena Horne, Nancy Wilson, Diahann Carroll, Dionne Warwick had an influence on Mary.
    Last edited by John G. Stumpf; 07-30-2017 at 09:00 PM.

John G. Stumpf Guest
    I was with her the week she taped this show in New York. October 87'
    Diahann Carroll pulled Mary Wilson aside and taught her some things. She studied at Juliard and the way Mary Wilson is singing here is similar to how she works a song. I did not know Mary Wilson was this brilliant at this time. This was year into the success of Dreamgirls autobiography, so she was really hot.
    Last edited by John G. Stumpf; 07-30-2017 at 08:33 PM.

i was with her the week she taped this show in new york. October 87'
    lolololololol. Any photos you can share during your week with Miss Wilson
    Last edited by Roberta75; 07-30-2017 at 09:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Roberta75 View Post
    lolololololol. Any photos you can share during your week with Miss Wilson
    Does he have to reveal his first and last name first?

Does he have to reveal his first and last name first?
    Here's one:

Name:  _me and Mary and Kathy 1987.jpg
Views: 551
Size:  97.2 KB

John G. Stumpf Guest
    Here's one:

One of my favorites

John G. Stumpf Guest
    Here's one:

Great photo!

John G. Stumpf Guest

One of my favorites
    Great taste. I'll never forget the night she sang it at the Westbury Music Fair in the round. She sat on a stool in the center of the round, revolving stage, house lights down, fog machine working overtime from floor. Mary tilted her head back and sang the STUFF out of this song! She had that usually hard to please Long Island crowd standing and cheering the moment she finished. You have to know that "New York State of Mind" is a Billy Joel song and Billy is a Long Guyland boy! LOL! To be able to sing that particular song in front of the hometown crowd [[some of Billy Joel's musicians even played for Mary that night) you have to be good!

Great photo!
    Thank you, although we had been "dwinking" that night, it came out alright.

Which ones marv2?

Here's one:

Great photo. Marys always so accessiblle to her fans.

What do you know about this song Marv2? Evidently she recorded this for Atlantic in 1987.
    I don't know who wrote it and yes it was recorded for Atlantic.

John G. Stumpf Guest
    I don't know who wrote it and yes it was recorded for Atlantic.
    This song has been in my head all day.

This song has been in my head all day.
    It is a nice song. I am happy to know that people are "discovering" Mary's recordings finally. I am sure there more out there. Motown has more I bet.

You go Marv. Great pics...is the Dionne Warwick Foundation one the show at Avery Fisher Hall with Whitney, Dionne, Gladys , Patti, Cyndi etc? Amazing show. I was there

You go Marv. Great pics...is the Dionne Warwick Foundation one the show at Avery Fisher Hall with Whitney, Dionne, Gladys , Patti, Cyndi etc? Amazing show. I was there
    Thanks Luke.

The show you are referring to was presented in 1989. The TV Special was taped in Washington DC and aired in 1988.

I've only seen still photos at the 1989 benefit concert they all did at Avery Fisher Hall.

Ok thanks. Avery Fisher Hall was amazing. What a line up. The only low point was Tony Orlando hamming it up. . Patti and Cyndi did a duet on Imagine that up to that point was the greatest performance I'd ever seen! Mary was wonderful and the crowd loved her

Ok thanks. Avery Fisher Hall was amazing. What a line up. The only low point was Tony Orlando hamming it up. . Patti and Cyndi did a duet on Imagine that up to that point was the greatest performance I'd ever seen! Mary was wonderful and the crowd loved her
    You saw that show? You went?

Yes. Sure did!

Yes. Sure did!
    Details Luke, details......

Quote Originally Posted by detmotownguy View Post
    Details Luke, details......
    Yes more on that particular show. For some reason video of it has yet to turn up.

Trying to remember as much as possible. 28 years ago!! Will report back!