[REMOVE ADS]

When i'm gone-randy crawford

From her[1982]lp,very nice cover of the brenda holloway classic.

I didn't know Randy recorded a version of this [[fantastic) song... I will seek it out and get back to you, arr&bee!

Ooh, very nice!

Hey! She can't do that! That is Brenda's song. She is suppose sing "Street Life" and "Street Life" only! Luckily, she, Brenda and all of them are friends.........hehehehehehehehe!

Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    Hey! She can't do that! That is Brenda's song. She is suppose sing "Street Life" and "Street Life" only! Luckily, she, Brenda and all of them are friends.........hehehehehehehehe!
    Brenda's version will always take pride of place for me too. But Randy Crawford is one of those singers who can tackle any song and sound great, as she does with 'When I'm Gone'.

Quote Originally Posted by Ozmo View Post
    Brenda's version will always take pride of place for me too. But Randy Crawford is one of those singers who can tackle any song and sound great, as she does with 'When I'm Gone'.
    I agree, but what else would you expect. She could sing anything and it will sound great.

Love Brenda's soul performance. No contest to me though I sure love Randy too!

Love Randy Crawford's version of "Your Precious Love" too--together with Al Jarreau. They stick close to the original [[almost like a tribute) yet give it their own twist.

Quote Originally Posted by TomatoTom123 View Post

Ooh, very nice!
    I had not heard this in years! Great version. Randy is one of the all time great female vocalists. Virtually everything she touched was magical, and she was quite magnificent in concert.

Nice, but she sounds too happy about it.
    Brenda's version has the necessary bitter overtones which the lyrics require, and is far superior.

Never forget how sweet Randy was when she drove through L.A. traffic for an hour to deliver an autographed CD she had promised me...Name:  IMG_20161031_104353303 [[1).jpg
Views: 336
Size:  97.7 KB

Stu-you da man!!

I have all of Randy's albums and there are some great tracks on them. I've always loved the sound of her voice which is quite distinctive - I think she deserved even more success than she had. I would recommend listening to Randy's albums - not simply the hits collections - for there is a real wealth of material.

Randy appears on at least one Jobete acetate - a version of Thelma Houston's song "Come To Me" which has a slightly different title [["Reach In Me" I think). That seems to be Randy with piano/keyboard backing only which I suspect is by Joe Sample. Of course The Crusaders had some Motown releases and I also suspect there may be more of a connection between Motown and Randy as yet undiscovered.

Her work with The Crusaders [[on the album "Now We May Begin") and Tommy Lipuma is exemplary. I have seen Randy live in Manchester - she was funny that night though possibly well imbibed with Guinness.

Dare I mention Randy Crawford's version of Charlene's "I've Never Been To Me" on her "Everything Must Change" album?
    Last edited by mysterysinger; 07-11-2017 at 05:48 PM.

Though not Motown, she shut it down with this one. Randy Crawford and "Knockin' On Heaven's Door"

Never really cared for that song. Randy does a fine job though. Just love her albums.

I love Randy's rendition of this song as much as Diana's.