[REMOVE ADS]

Mary Wilson on First Coast Living - Interview

Looking like she did in the portrait inside The Supremes Greatest Hits [[1967)

Thanks Marv. Very enjoyable.

Quote Originally Posted by luke View Post
    You're welcome Luke!

Does she ever say no to an interview?

She is certainly the supreme Supreme. You can tell how much the Supremes legacy means to her. Glad she keeps it alive and is demand over 50 yrs into her career.

Quote Originally Posted by Circa 1824 View Post
    It is a part of the job.

Quote Originally Posted by detmotownguy View Post
    She is certainly the supreme Supreme. You can tell how much the Supremes legacy means to her. Glad she keeps it alive and is demand over 50 yrs into her career.
    What an amazing woman!

She is a gracious spokesperson for the the most successful American vocal group in history. She doesn't ignore her past as Paul and Ringo don't.

She is a gracious spokesperson for the the most successful American vocal group in history. She doesn't ignore her past as Paul and Ringo don't.
    Exactly! She not only represents the Supremes Legacy, she does a great job representing Motown and Detroit's legacies. That is way the media always turns to Mary when the subject of the Supremes, Motown and of course her own solo career comes up.

Remember back in the days where she nor Florence, or Cindy Birdsong were allowed to speak in interviews? If you didn't know better you would think that they were mutes LOL!!!!

Sure do. I saw an interview from back then and Mary was being totally ignored and seemed very annoyed that even Diana threw a question to her! Why on earth would Mary turn down an interview now when people are interested and care about the legacy?? She is Not a diva in the negative sense.

Sure do. I saw an interview from back then and Mary was being totally ignored and seemed very annoyed that even Diana threw a question to her! Why on earth would Mary turn down an interview now when people are interested and care about the legacy?? She is Not a diva in the negative sense.
    My favorite interview was the Phil Donohue Show hour long interview in October 1986.

After Diana went to Berry and complained about Cindy speaking up in an interview, he ordered that Mary and Cindy were no longer to speak in interviews. He could not have known how strange that looked to people watching the interviews that followed where Mary and Cindy just sat there silently.

Yes it looked so strange and embarrassing that even Diana interceded in the above interview. No wonder even Cindy a non-egocentric person began having issues with Miss Ross. No one likes to be ignored.

Yes it looked so strange and embarrassing that even Diana interceded in the above interview. No wonder even Cindy a non-egocentric person began having issues with Miss Ross. No one likes to be ignored.
    True. I look at it this way. Both Mary and Cindy had just as much show biz experience as Diana. They both performed every show [[even if Motown was not recording them on every studio track at that time, the public didn't know) how were they suppose to just sit there silently being that they made up two-thirds of the group!

All of this backfired and made to public begin to think of Diana Ross as a spotlight hog.

Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    True. I look at it this way. Both Mary and Cindy had just as much show biz experience as Diana. They both performed every show [[even if Motown was not recording them on every studio track at that time, the public didn't know) how were they suppose to just sit there silently being that they made up two-thirds of the group!

All of this backfired and made to public begin to think of Diana Ross as a spotlight hog.
    What the hell, is all they had to do is show up lol! Seriously, if notoriety was spread around a bit, the group would have experienced less stress.

Quote Originally Posted by Circa 1824 View Post
    In a word - no. But that is her business i suppose.

[QUOTE=marv2;397040]Looking like she did in the portrait inside The Supremes Greatest Hits [[1967)

Ah! I love a good laugh on a Sunday morning!! Thanks so much for that!
    Last edited by LoveSupreme; 07-08-2017 at 09:06 AM.

What the hell, is all they had to do is show up lol! Seriously, if notoriety was spread around a bit, the group would have experienced less stress.
    Yeah! Translation: "All they have to do is show up [[because people are only coming to see ME!) LOL!!!

Good grief didnt they teach Diane interviewing skills. She is horrible. Mary was looking at her thinking wtf. Her language skills leave something to be desired. But her eyelashes were tAlking!

Good grief didnt they teach Diane interviewing skills. She is horrible. Mary was looking at her thinking wtf. Her language skills leave something to be desired. But her eyelashes were tAlking!
    Diana Ross was never that articulate. If you listen her other old interviews it is glaringly clear!

[QUOTE=LoveSupreme;397536]
    Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    Looking like she did in the portrait inside The Supremes Greatest Hits [[1967)

Ah! I love a good laugh on a Sunday morning!! Thanks so much for that!
    I re-read that one, and then just decided to let it go!

People seem to like to hear her talk.
    Last edited by PeaceNHarmony; 07-10-2017 at 12:15 PM.

[QUOTE=Bluebrock;397761]
    Quote Originally Posted by LoveSupreme View Post
    I re-read that one, and then just decided to let it go!
    ... check your inbox ...

Great initial post!

Now, we see a positive post quickly diminishing into the sea of negativity!!! Is it possible to give a compliment without stating something negative about someone else?

One of the local news outlets here in Atlanta this morning posted a query [[although it was meant to stir up mess):
    Which of the First Ladies is/was the best dressed AND comment. It included a picture of you know who, another you know who, and Jackie Kennedy.. Of course, because many of our society swim in the cesspools of negativity, folk could not just name their most fashionable first lady and her attributes. They had to spew out negative comments about the other First Lady.

That's what I see going on with posts like this. It's not enough to post something interesting and positive, but it's really sad to need to add negativity about another person later on just to get people on the bandwagon to begin badmouthing individuals.

I believe part of the reason is to get attention, so be happy that I have contributed to the number of replies on this thread. Maybe that's the goal. It is all about the numbers and getting attention, isn't it?

maybe this means to her because this was her glory days.