Due to my wife's family reunion, I took my first trip to Detroit. Went to the museum and got a renewed appreciation for what took place there. It made me very proud indeed. Only thing I didn't like was that you don't get to linger and check out the pictures and information printed on the walls due to other scheduled tours.

The tour guide asked the group I was with if anyone ever heard of The Andantes and me and my wife were the only ones who raised a hand. I wished the gift shop had a greater variety of things to buy but it's so small that I understand. That Motown clock on the wall is for sale but when I asked if it was the one that played songs on the hour but they said it didn't. My sister-in law has the song playing clock. Some time ago and I saw it on eBay but balked at a high price it was going for. Shame they don't have that clock in the gift shop or was it ever there?

In the back of my mind, I kept wondering if any of the stars still living including Barry ever get back there for a visit. All in all, I was very glad to finally visit the museum. I found myself also trying to imagine Martha sitting at the reception desk and other stars walking around. Took the Ford Factory tour also. Henry Ford sure had a grip on Detroit [[lol).