[REMOVE ADS]

Diana-One More Time?

It's great to see Diana out there still performing, but it is my wish as a fan and a Motown fan to see her make one great comeback album. Not that she has anything to prove, but if she plans to quietly retire or pull back in the next few years it would be wonderful to have something to show on disc that she still delivered up to the end.

To be honest, I Love You was disappointing and the middle of all these other veterans releasing covers albums [[Smokey's was good,though!) it was underwhelming after years since 1999's Every Day Is a New Day [[an OK effort).
    No covering the classics, no multiple producers--just our Supreme Queen showing the world she's not to be counted out!

Am I alone on this?

I'd love to see something new from her. I've read numerous rumors that she recorded a song for her new grandchild, a duet with Evan and Barbra Streisand, as well as songs written by Mary J. Blige.

smark21 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Koach View Post
    I'd love to see something new from her. I've read numerous rumors that she recorded a song for her new grandchild, a duet with Evan and Barbra Streisand, as well as songs written by Mary J. Blige.
    Don't know about the others, but Barbra Streisand recorded a duet with Diana Krall, not Ross. But a few Ross fanatics got confused and didn't read the rest of the sentence and assumed "Ross" when they saw the word "Diana" and posted it on the internet.

It would be nice if she did one more album, but it's up to her and how much effort she wants to put into her music career. She may very well be content to do shows here and there and leave it at that.

As long as it's something adult and classy.

I think she should do another dance album. I know a lot of fans have expressed she might be too old for that, but Dame Shirley Bassey did it at the age of 70, and she pulled it off very successfully.

EMI Reports said that I Love You sold something like 622,000 copies.............it had some great songs, like Lovely Day.

I think Smark is right about Streisand................she recorded with Krall not Ross.

I think I'd prefer a jazz album with all new numbers OR a duets album with all new people ~ like Cher, Elton John, I think a great song could be made with Diana and Aretha because they are such different voices, also perhaps Diana and Patti because they are good friends; but I think the duets album has to leave behind Diana's colleagues and move onto some people from other genres and camps.

I think a Diana and Whitney duet might be nice, although I hear there is such a duet in the vaults. There are several performers that would be awesome for a duet CD such as;
    Aretha, Lionel, Mary Wilson, Whitney, Akon, Jamie Foxx, Patti Labelle, Johnny Mathis, and Martha Reeves.

I have a Diana and Whitney duet. They sang together at a live concert. I forget the name of the song. Two of my favourite ladies singing together...it can't get any cooler than that.

As much as I like Diana's "I Love You" album, I think the stat of 600,000 copies originated from Wikipedia a few years ago [[which should be taken with a grain of salt). I don't think an official sales stat was ever released.

I would love to hear Diana do another Rodgers & Hart styled album. Have her do her take on some classic standards. When she performed "Don't Explain" during her tour, I was completely in awe.

MissLish Guest
    Ooooowhahoooo Brad! I was just thinking of this last night. I caught Miss Ross in Atlantic City in 2004, and when she did DE, my GOD! the acoustics in that room bounced her voice back to us as she continued to progress with the song. I had never heard anything like it. I sat in my seat and just melted. That night, she was note perfect and the beauty of her voice was almost too much to bear. That night, she also did some stellar improvising. Wow! If only that could have been recorded. To this day, I still am unable to get over that performance.