[REMOVE ADS]

Baby, Baby...........Where Did My Fans Go?

http://jacksonville.com/entertainmen...here-were-fans

I heard it wasn't half full and maj discounts were floated about....anyone see it?

Fake news!

Oh what difference does it make? She got a pretty good review and is 73 and still doin it!

This sounds like the show she did in NYC a couple of months ago. It was plenty long enough and she did over 20 songs - fully! I admit, if it was showtime and still 80 degrees, I might have skipped out as well. I can't stand the heat!

It is fake news. A fan who attended the concert posted a video on Face book and it looked pretty full to me. He said there was about 5000 in the attendance.

So the Florida times union Jacksonville.com/entertainment prints fake news about Diana Ross? Why? Dondald Trump owns them?

Quote Originally Posted by vgalindo View Post
    It is fake news. A fan who attended the concert posted a video on Face book and it looked pretty full to me. He said there was about 5000 in the attendance.
    Interesting - I'm [[of course!) Team Diana and of course her shows are well attended. Any performer can have a less-than-full house in the course of a 50 year career. Could just be a non-Diana town - who knows? Their loss.

I'm not making fun of it nor am I 'defending' it, it's just interesting that they couldn't get anyone to go when they tried so hard. We drove down myrtle beach to see her in orlando and she tore it up to a sold out crowd. Got Endless Love, Chain Reaction and it's my house - for her that's a whole new show LOL. I keep saying no more until a new show, but I love seeing her every time and, vocally, she's much stronger than a few years ago. I wish we could post something that's not a rave without people jumping to negative conclusions about intent. I enjoy both Mary and Diana, can be critical of both, and don't think one needs to 'choose sides.' Neither are saints and, truth be told, neither am I!

Quote Originally Posted by TheMotownManiac View Post
    I'm not making fun of it nor am I 'defending' it, it's just interesting that they couldn't get anyone to go when they tried so hard. We drove down myrtle beach to see her in orlando and she tore it up to a sold out crowd. Got Endless Love, Chain Reaction and it's my house - for her that's a whole new show LOL. I keep saying no more until a new show, but I love seeing her every time and, vocally, she's much stronger than a few years ago. I wish we could post something that's not a rave without people jumping to negative conclusions about intent. I enjoy both Mary and Diana, can be critical of both, and don't think one needs to 'choose sides.' Neither are saints and, truth be told, neither am I!
    Glad to read your comment about Diana's vocal power - I saw her a couple of years ago and was amazed again at the pure beauty of her voice and her excellence in its use. But I'm sure you know this site has several people [[I've learned to block them) who spend their lives denigrating her. [[I always think of djt denigrating President Obama at every chance possible.) Every performer has an un-sold-out performance every now and then. So be it.

Yes and several here who denigrate other people. Let's listen to Motown Maniac. Well said MM!

http://jacksonville.com/entertainmen...here-were-fans
    The show was really quick — it started on the dot at 8 p.m. with a 15-minute set by Rhonda Ross, the headliner’s daughter ..... The crew cleared her equipment off the stage, ran a broom across it a couple of times and, within five minutes, Diana was busting into “I’m Coming Out.” 75 minutes or so later, with no encore, the lights came up. By 9:45, cars were streaming out of the parking lot.
    I suspect this ain't helping her shows , letting her daughter carve out a chunk of her already too brief stage time .
    If she needs a warm up act she ought to find someone fresh or authentic with some degree of draw power .

I certainly shall not be wasting money buying a ticket to any of her shows.

Quote Originally Posted by jsmith View Post
    I certainly shall not be wasting money buying a ticket to any of her shows.
    Well your loss. Because everyone seems to be enjoying her recent shows. The last time I saw her in Vegas she was awesome.

Her act these days is purely aimed at the oldies crowd. Nothing at all wrong with that, but to die hard fans it is a rather tired and predictable act, but to casual fans who want to hear the hits and nothing more it is a great show. Diana will not budge from this stance despite several offers to record so you either take it or leave it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebrock View Post
    Her act these days is purely aimed at the oldies crowd. Nothing at all wrong with that, but to die hard fans it is a rather tired and predictable act, but to casual fans who want to hear the hits and nothing more it is a great show. Diana will not budge from this stance despite several offers to record so you either take it or leave it.
    She has no offers to record and most people are "leaving it" with the remainder saying "Diana who?"
    Last edited by marv2; 07-02-2017 at 03:18 AM.

Most performers in their seventies who have not retired and who do not perform on multi-act bills tend to book into much smaller venues: places like clubs, or halls which hold about 1,000 or 2,000. They know their fanbases are diminishing as their fans age, and they make adjustments for that in their bookings. The fans who do turn out are always enthusiastic, and the smaller venues provide greater assurance of a full house. Perhaps Diane's handlers didn't take this into consideration when booking this show.