[REMOVE ADS]

Cp spencer still holding on unreleased motown

Only 27 people were interested enough to listen to CP Spencer over the last eight days. Given CP was the lead singer for the Originals and this is an unreleased track, and that there is clamour for for an Originals Anthology, I would have thought this was of greater interest. Assuming it got lost I thought it would behelpful to post it on its own....
    https://www.podomatic.com/podcasts/mikew-uk

Quote Originally Posted by MIKEW-UK View Post
    Only 27 people were interested enough to listen to CP Spencer over the last eight days. Given CP was the lead singer for the Originals and this is an unreleased track, and that there is clamour for for an Originals Anthology, I would have thought this was of greater interest. Assuming it got lost I thought it would behelpful to post it on its own....
    Thanks for the re-post; I have to admit I overlooked it the first time because I did not know CP Spencer by name.

Yes indeed, Mike, great thread. It is a fantastic track!

652 listens to Jimmy Ruffin Beauty's Only Skin Deep. 34 listens to an unreleased CP Spencer of The Originals track. Maybe there really isn't the interest in the Originals after all.

652 listens to Jimmy Ruffin Beauty's Only Skin Deep. 34 listens to an unreleased CP Spencer of The Originals track. Maybe there really isn't the interest in the Originals after all.
    Oh, that is a shame, Mike. How long has the Jimmy Ruffin track been up there? Maybe it's accumulated more views over time?

YOU -- YES, YOU -- THE PERSON READING THIS POST -- PLEASE CLICK THE BELOW LINK AND LISTEN TO THE CP SPENCER TRACK... or else...

Last edited by TomatoTom123; 06-12-2017 at 02:03 PM.

Don't think there is much interest in music here these days....more like a cheap gossip magazine.
    Thanks for the C P track, and picked up the Bunny Sigler "lonely"...very nice.

Quote Originally Posted by TomatoTom123 View Post
    YOU -- YES, YOU -- THE PERSON READING THIS POST -- PLEASE CLICK THE BELOW LINK AND LISTEN TO THE CP SPENCER TRACK... or else...

I have listened to it and I like it, any others of you listened to it?

Y'ALL! I have uploaded the song to YouTube now so you can listen to it nice and easily... so please do

Thanks Tom. I listened but was a little underwhelmed. It's ok. Did the Originals do backgrounds?

Hi Luke. I can understand you were not knocked out. It is a nice soulful laid back tune, not a dynamic uptempo record. Irrespective, I just thought more people were curious as to listen to the unreleased ultra rare tune, but seemingly that's not the case.

cheers. Mike

Hi Luke. I can understand you were not knocked out. It is a nice soulful laid back tune, not a dynamic uptempo record. Irrespective, I just thought more people were curious as to listen to the unreleased ultra rare tune, but seemingly that's not the case.

cheers. Mike
    I've listened now. Does it mean I don't have to go on the naughty step? I like CP's voice, as I like all the Originals' voices, but this is OK only. Has that early 70s Motown sound [[obviously) when some of the company's writers and producers were struggling to find their way somewhat

Quote Originally Posted by luke View Post
    Thanks Tom. I listened but was a little underwhelmed. It's ok. Did the Originals do backgrounds?
    Yo' welcome, luke.

Yea, like you, I was a little underwhelmed when I first heard it. It was very nice but nothing extra-specially-amazing! BUT... I'd say, let it grow on you. It has really grown on me... it's a smooth, groovy and very soulful track. Really great.

BTW, not sure about the backing vocals. I don't think The Originals are there but I'm pretty sure The Andantes are, with their ever-sweet background vocals!
    Last edited by TomatoTom123; 06-12-2017 at 07:17 PM.

Thanks for sharing Mikew. After playing "Keep Holding On" I think it's only an average song but C.P. Spencer's performance is great. I would welcome a full blown Originals Anthology [[or a Lost And Found set) so songs like this can get out of the Motown vaults.

Gotta say I prefer CP Spencer on this:
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Bil32s9C6LM

Quote Originally Posted by Motown Eddie View Post
    Thanks for sharing Mikew. After playing "Keep Holding On" I think it's only an average song but C.P. Spencer's performance is great. I would welcome a full blown Originals Anthology [[or a Lost And Found set) so songs like this can get out of the Motown vaults.
    Yea, me too, Eddie. I think that would be fantastic!

Sorry but the song does nothing for me.

I like the song and find It relaxing and would rate 8/10. Great voice. Assume not avail on I Tunes since it hasn't been released. I played it a couple of time as I was done by a few things around the house. Like I said, puts me in a nice place.

detmotownguy, that sums up my opinion. It's not a dance tune, not northern soul, doesn't have any potential hit qualities, just a very pleasant mellow record with an understated emotive vocal. I was just a little surprised that so few were interested in an unreleased unavailable motown track by an Originals singer, not because I thought it was a knockout hit, but just a seeming lack of interest. Anyway, for those who did or did not appreciate it, at least you got to hear it and form your own opinion. Cheers all.

Is it illegal that download the song somehow?

To clear things up, "Still Holdin' on" has been released on the Motown year by year series in the mid 90s. However, it hasn't turned up since.

I personally enjoy the track myself. Though I don't think it would of been a major hit had it been issued when it was intended. But it's still quite enjoyable.

jboy88, agreed. The liner notes for the track on the Year by Year series make it clear that the track was readied for release only to be cancelled, hence unreleased. Of course , it was issued on the compilation CD many years later, but not released in its own right.

cheers

Mike